Do the minimum if you want to keep your job and stay out of prison.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Do the minimum if you want to keep your job and stay out of prison.

Do the minimum if you want to keep your job and stay out of prison. That's the message from the liberal politicians who are pandering to the rioters.

I'll add, this is the message from Chad also. Look at the rioters surrounding deputies last month. "Stand down..." aka "due the minimum.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do the minimum if you want to keep your job and stay out of prison. That's the message from the liberal politicians who are pandering to the rioters.

I'll add, this is the message from Chad also. Look at the rioters surrounding deputies last month. "Stand down..." aka "due the minimum.
    Well that doesn’t change anything for many deputies here who already do the bare minimum and then come here to complain they didn’t get promoted. You did it to yourselves.

Unregistered
    Well that doesn’t change anything for many deputies here who already do the bare minimum and then come here to complain they didn’t get promoted. You did it to yourselves.
    It’s not the people who do the minimum who complain about not being promoted. They’re the ones who already made LT and Capt. because of who they know. The people complaining, are the ones busting their asses every day for nothing. This place has a unique ability to kill the souls of the hardest workers. I never saw this when I was in corporate America.

Unregistered
    Great observation! Im one of them! A product of our agency!! A product of a country wide paradigm. Police get punished for being good cops! Deputies here get zero feedback for doing a “good job”. Whatever that means. Do you even know what a good deputy is anymore? Is a good deputy Proactive? productive? Productive of what? Calls? Reports? Arrests? Happy customers? A lot of arrests and citations? Because those “good cops” with high stats get a lot of complaints, run the risk of more uses of force, and generally make the public angry. Is a “good cop” one that handles calls calmly and quietly looking for resolutions on scene and tries to help people and avoid arrests and avoid our kangaroo court system? Because those cops are more liked by the public, yet have low arrest and citation stats, so they don't look good on paper to our bean counter agency leaders. Or is a good cop one that take a lot of reports and writes them well? Seems good report writers “rolling secretaries” are well liked here even if they suck at being a deputy. Seems to be the ongoing fad here at the HCSO. Rolling secretaries. The more paper we take, the less police work we do. Being a good deputy does not exist, because we receive no positive feedback. Plus the harder we work, the more calls we end up with, and the more we expose ourselves to people, which only gets us punished. For doing our jobs. The faster and more efficient we become, the more calls or cases we get and the more we drown. The more we go home late. The only winners here are our office jockeys politicians playing cop making the big bucks nice and safe. Only the popular get rewarded by being put in areas of the agency with the least exposure to risk.

We do need police reform, but it needs to start with our leaders and how they care for us. The rest will follow and reflect back on the citizens. Happy workers = happy customers.

If you don't understand this then you are an idiot and a part of the problem. Leaders and oco-workers like you try to bully the rest of us into not speaking up. That causes the resentment that bad cops take out on the public. Forcing us to fight the symptoms of resentment and burnout through body cameras will solve nothing. Think of the things cops have done when they lost their shit while on camera. It doesn't matter. When a person breaks, they will break.

Everything that is going on out there is a direct result of absent leaders that spent their time Focusing on their political rat race instead of the mental health of their officers and giving them what we need to have safe calm interactions with citizens and us not running around frustrated and burned out rushing through calls and being impatient with the public.

When they explain what defines a good cop or doing a good job, when we are rewarded for working hard and given time to do our jobs, when we are not punished for doing our jobs, and when we are stood up for..... I may stop being a “SLUG”. Until then, its all about self preservation. With the way this job is designed, self preservation means MINIMAL work and minimal exposure to the public.

Congratulations on the monsters YOU created.

Unregistered
    Shame on you for not backing us up!!! Shame on you! How much more do you want??? Even our slow days are slammed! Even when we have a “full squad”, its only full compared to what we are used to. Which are half staffed squad with no mid shift or a piss poor attempt at a mid shift. We are buried in paper and go home late. Wtf more do you want? We are trying to address something here. Stay off this site POS. Scared if we don't work you will have to start taking calls huh? Better turn in that unmarked for a marked car. Time go get out of that office and hit the streets. Time to do what very few at this agency do... Be first on scene. Where the danger and liability live.

Unregistered
    It’s not the people who do the minimum who complain about not being promoted. They’re the ones who already made LT and Capt. because of who they know. The people complaining, are the ones busting their asses every day for nothing. This place has a unique ability to kill the souls of the hardest workers. I never saw this when I was in corporate America.
    Well said. Its the source of all problems in policing.

Unregistered
    Great observation! Im one of them! A product of our agency!! A product of a country wide paradigm. Police get punished for being good cops! Deputies here get zero feedback for doing a “good job”. Whatever that means. Do you even know what a good deputy is anymore? Is a good deputy Proactive? productive? Productive of what? Calls? Reports? Arrests? Happy customers? A lot of arrests and citations? Because those “good cops” with high stats get a lot of complaints, run the risk of more uses of force, and generally make the public angry. Is a “good cop” one that handles calls calmly and quietly looking for resolutions on scene and tries to help people and avoid arrests and avoid our kangaroo court system? Because those cops are more liked by the public, yet have low arrest and citation stats, so they don't look good on paper to our bean counter agency leaders. Or is a good cop one that take a lot of reports and writes them well? Seems good report writers “rolling secretaries” are well liked here even if they suck at being a deputy. Seems to be the ongoing fad here at the HCSO. Rolling secretaries. The more paper we take, the less police work we do. Being a good deputy does not exist, because we receive no positive feedback. Plus the harder we work, the more calls we end up with, and the more we expose ourselves to people, which only gets us punished. For doing our jobs. The faster and more efficient we become, the more calls or cases we get and the more we drown. The more we go home late. The only winners here are our office jockeys politicians playing cop making the big bucks nice and safe. Only the popular get rewarded by being put in areas of the agency with the least exposure to risk.

We do need police reform, but it needs to start with our leaders and how they care for us. The rest will follow and reflect back on the citizens. Happy workers = happy customers.

If you don't understand this then you are an idiot and a part of the problem. Leaders and oco-workers like you try to bully the rest of us into not speaking up. That causes the resentment that bad cops take out on the public. Forcing us to fight the symptoms of resentment and burnout through body cameras will solve nothing. Think of the things cops have done when they lost their shit while on camera. It doesn't matter. When a person breaks, they will break.

Everything that is going on out there is a direct result of absent leaders that spent their time Focusing on their political rat race instead of the mental health of their officers and giving them what we need to have safe calm interactions with citizens and us not running around frustrated and burned out rushing through calls and being impatient with the public.

When they explain what defines a good cop or doing a good job, when we are rewarded for working hard and given time to do our jobs, when we are not punished for doing our jobs, and when we are stood up for..... I may stop being a “SLUG”. Until then, its all about self preservation. With the way this job is designed, self preservation means MINIMAL work and minimal exposure to the public.

Congratulations on the monsters YOU created.
    We are all different people. We all excel at different things. Some people love looking for drugs. We have SES and SID for them. Some like to investigate hard crimes. We have CID for them. Some are good with kids, and they can be SRDs. The point is that we all have a place for us that doesn’t fit inside the one box the office tries to put us all in.

I am one of those who take extra care on the calls to de-escalate a situation. Most of the time, when I leave, everyone is happy. I have the gift of gab. I don’t have the most traffic stops on my squad, but I have eliminated a lot of complaints and fixed a lot of problems. My supervisors get a lot of good calls from the public about me. Every month when stats come out, I have to hear about my lack of traffic stops. I go call to call to call all day long in this fukking heat, I take the time to investigate everything to the fullest and find appropriate resolutions so we don’t have to go back out there again, I write great reports, and I back up all of my zone partners. But hey, you are no good because you didn’t reach the invisible quota for traffic stops. Guess what? I’m not trying to be a motor unit!

Unregistered
    We are all different people. We all excel at different things. Some people love looking for drugs. We have SES and SID for them. Some like to investigate hard crimes. We have CID for them. Some are good with kids, and they can be SRDs. The point is that we all have a place for us that doesn’t fit inside the one box the office tries to put us all in.

I am one of those who take extra care on the calls to de-escalate a situation. Most of the time, when I leave, everyone is happy. I have the gift of gab. I don’t have the most traffic stops on my squad, but I have eliminated a lot of complaints and fixed a lot of problems. My supervisors get a lot of good calls from the public about me. Every month when stats come out, I have to hear about my lack of traffic stops. I go call to call to call all day long in this fukking heat, I take the time to investigate everything to the fullest and find appropriate resolutions so we don’t have to go back out there again, I write great reports, and I back up all of my zone partners. But hey, you are no good because you didn’t reach the invisible quota for traffic stops. Guess what? I’m not trying to be a motor unit!
    Pro tip..... stretch out before vigorously patting yourself on the back. You don’t want to tweak your tiny Lats.

Unregistered
    A prior post mentioned stats.

It's amazing supervisors/the brass don't realize that an effective deputy will result in LESS arrests, and LESS reports in their zone, BECAUSE the deputy is effective in the way they do things. In my zone for example, the more time I spend on traffic stops (which are forbidden during covid by the way) the more opportunity criminals have to go commit crimes, because I'm not making my presence known in there areas were crime is the highest.

Unregistered
    A prior post mentioned stats.

It's amazing supervisors/the brass don't realize that an effective deputy will result in LESS arrests, and LESS reports in their zone, BECAUSE the deputy is effective in the way they do things. In my zone for example, the more time I spend on traffic stops (which are forbidden during covid by the way) the more opportunity criminals have to go commit crimes, because I'm not making my presence known in there areas were crime is the highest.
    AMEN! I been saying this for almost two decades. Im well liked by everyone I come in contact and never have issues. I consider myself to be an excellent problem solver and mediator on these calls, yet if you look me up on paper, to an office jockey bean counter, I would be a slug. Because I'm not out arresting everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast