Meow!

Thread: Meow!

Unregistered

Meow!

Never gonna work. The minute a zone is short (which is everyday) these dudes are filling it. Let me get this straight... So these cops are going to get out their magnifying glasses and find the root cause of crime. When they figure it out let the rest of know and we can all live in a Utopia. Problem solved. Should only take these “experts” a couple of weeks to figure why crime happens. Easy day. Been in police work a looong time... dumbest shiz I ever heard. We have one dumbazz Chief. I give up. Glad I retired when the department was still great. I was one of the best traffic cops ever.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Never gonna work. The minute a zone is short (which is everyday) these dudes are filling it. Let me get this straight... So these cops are going to get out their magnifying glasses and find the root cause of crime. When they figure it out let the rest of know and we can all live in a Utopia. Problem solved. Should only take these “experts” a couple of weeks to figure why crime happens. Easy day. Been in police work a looong time... dumbest shiz I ever heard. We have one dumbazz Chief. I give up. Glad I retired when the department was still great. I was one of the best traffic cops ever.
    That's exactly what's being taught in colleges and universities and it's filtering down to police departments, which is why chief's are implementing it nationwide. The theory is actually true -- to a degree -- but conversely, asking officers to (a) identify the root problem of a citizen and then (b) fix it is (c) unrealistic. Officers are not trained and certified as therapists and/or as social workers. Officers are not equipped for that job. The closest that law enforcement comes to fixing root problems is community policing, but that is expensive to implement. Community policing is effective, but it's also very expensive to implement because officers are removed from patrol to prevent them from bouncing from call-to-call --- and only rich departments can afford to do that on a large scale. .