PCSO Lacks Appreciation
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

PCSO Lacks Appreciation

Let’s see. Deputies bust their ass through COVID-19 and Civil Unrest and what do we see? Nothing. This is nothing new. The Agency gives Deputies one day a year called the Employee Appreciation Picnic. Not really a day, more like 4 hours during the day. You know who goes to that? Non-sworn, office dwellers and Deputies who don’t do crap the other 364 days out of the year. Then there is award day. That’s when EVERYONE who was put in for an award gets an award. Do you think that degrades from those who actually did some shit versus those who just showed up on a call? Yup. But I can hear people in the command staff talking about it right now. They’re thinking we can’t be happy with our lame ass picnic and we can’t be happy when everyone gets an award. They get irritated and turn it into “do these guys want a pat on the back for coming to work”. I can hear it at out. What we actually want is some honest appreciation. But what we get is trophies for all kids, shocker, and a picnic that’s convenient for everyone r other than shift workers. You know, the backbone of this place. ILP, HOME, MHU, Crime Prevention, Community Policing, most of PR, most of Strategic Planning, VOWU, and VCTF could all be gone tomorrow. And what would change? Nothing. A few less arrests here and there from VCTF. Calls would still be handled and crime really wouldn’t change a whole lot. Guess who never hears anything from the Command Staff unless they are in trouble? The backbone of this agency. Guess who gets awards for showing up to work? All those special units. I know, stop *****ing, quit, etc. That’s fine, but don’t wonder why there is a morale problem here. People don’t want to bust their ass for bosses who don’t give a crap unless we screw up. That’s called toxic leadership. And this agency is perfecting it. It hey, recycle some more overpaid retirees to come back and tell us what to do. I’m not sure any of them know what the road looks like except between their house and the office. Fact is they only come out if the Sheriff comes out. Sadly the Sheriff can’t see that or doesn’t care. Supposedly Chief Deputy Simovich runs the day to day operations of the agency. I don’t think he knows what makes this place run day to day. He just gets paid, acts like he knows and goes home. Just like the rest of them.

Unregistered
    I don’t know who the OP is but he is BALLS ON CORRECT.
    when was last time a executive staff was at a read off? Only hear from them when they are mad about something.
    When is the day shift appreciation party?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let’s see. Deputies bust their ass through COVID-19 and Civil Unrest and what do we see? Nothing. This is nothing new. The Agency gives Deputies one day a year called the Employee Appreciation Picnic. Not really a day, more like 4 hours during the day. You know who goes to that? Non-sworn, office dwellers and Deputies who don’t do crap the other 364 days out of the year. Then there is award day. That’s when EVERYONE who was put in for an award gets an award. Do you think that degrades from those who actually did some shit versus those who just showed up on a call? Yup. But I can hear people in the command staff talking about it right now. They’re thinking we can’t be happy with our lame ass picnic and we can’t be happy when everyone gets an award. They get irritated and turn it into “do these guys want a pat on the back for coming to work”. I can hear it at out. What we actually want is some honest appreciation. But what we get is trophies for all kids, shocker, and a picnic that’s convenient for everyone r other than shift workers. You know, the backbone of this place. ILP, HOME, MHU, Crime Prevention, Community Policing, most of PR, most of Strategic Planning, VOWU, and VCTF could all be gone tomorrow. And what would change? Nothing. A few less arrests here and there from VCTF. Calls would still be handled and crime really wouldn’t change a whole lot. Guess who never hears anything from the Command Staff unless they are in trouble? The backbone of this agency. Guess who gets awards for showing up to work? All those special units. I know, stop *****ing, quit, etc. That’s fine, but don’t wonder why there is a morale problem here. People don’t want to bust their ass for bosses who don’t give a crap unless we screw up. That’s called toxic leadership. And this agency is perfecting it. It hey, recycle some more overpaid retirees to come back and tell us what to do. I’m not sure any of them know what the road looks like except between their house and the office. Fact is they only come out if the Sheriff comes out. Sadly the Sheriff can’t see that or doesn’t care. Supposedly Chief Deputy Simovich runs the day to day operations of the agency. I don’t think he knows what makes this place run day to day. He just gets paid, acts like he knows and goes home. Just like the rest of them.
    Good cry, bro?

Unregistered
    Day shift or office drone obviously taking issue with post. No surprise they were ones eating 2 free lunches a day

Unregistered
    Awww, poor baby need a hug? Do you need a pat on the back, are you tired of doing it yourself? Did you sign up for this job? Get the F over yourself and do the job YOU chose to do

Unregistered
    This is 100% accurate. It's called fear-based leadership. You don't hear from superiors unless you screw up, which could be almost never. You bust your ass every day and the only time you're approached about something is when you do something they don't like... that keeps the morale up in this agency. If qualified immunity goes away, they better do a little better at retention. Only idiots are going to stick around for this treatment and risking getting sued on every call just because citizens know they can.

You can say quit if you don't like it, but again that's fear-based leadership. Members should be able to raise concerns and have those concerns addressed.

Unregistered
    Thanks for pep talk d bag. I know your not a cop. Go block something prick

Unregistered
    Thanks for pep talk d bag. I know your not a cop. Go block something prick
    Ah, ya. Military, 25+ years on the job, never needed a pat on the back. now go suk on your mommas tete

Unregistered
    Guys like you last a week after retirement and then die. It’s ok to have feelings and not be a robot. You will be retired soon bye bye dinosaur

Unregistered
    Hey bro screw these people who don’t appreciate you. I think you’re straight killin it out there the way you hit your x51 and x97 buttons call after call. And don’t even get me started on all those pages of notes in your notebook you write every shift. Don’t let anyone make you feel like your not appreciated. You must be exhausted when you finally make it home every night after your long 12 hour shift. You should be making at least 20k more a year for all you do. I think I speak for everyone when I say THANK YOU for all YOU do!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast