Our Chief Said What?!?! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This was posted on 8/17/2019 in jest, mere days after Ricky became chief :

"Thieves target victims for cellphones; cyclist killed in hit & run; rent money stolen from apartment in home invasion; and a female tourist from Poland clobbered and robbed one block from the station! All headlines from Miami Beach in the last two weeks alone. Plus, streets are flooding, and smelly seaweed litters our shoreline! It's time for Ricky to go. I say we call for a vote of no confidence. Who is with me?"

This was posted in response to the above post:

"People calm down this person is being sarcastic. It’s funny because this is exactly how ridiculous you all sounded when you blamed Oates for crime. Not to say I’m glad we have moved on. But I give this honeymoon a couple of more months. By next year it will start again, exactly as you wrote about all the previous chiefs. Because we’re never happy. As a matter of fact, in two or three years I’ll be reading posts of how great Oates was, just like we now read how great Delucca was. We, and I include myself, are all a bunch of whinny b’s." “I love police work.”

Now here we are only TEN MONTHS later, and what has come to pass? People are calling for a vote of no confidence that the first post joked about. And every thing in the second post has come true.
    We live in a loop! I would love to see what would happen if we would give a chief, any chief, 100% of our support, with all their faults and all their strengths. Just to see how that would work for us. We all are never going to like our boss or even understand their decisions but we don’t necessarily have to.

Unregistered
    Had those officers not had a Taser they would not be in the pickle that they are in. Why have one if even when you are authorized BY LAW to do defend yourself you still get jammed? The Chief doesn’t need to check with Legal. He could have said that.

Unregistered

Have shovel, will travel.

We live in a loop! I would love to see what would happen if we would give a chief, any chief, 100% of our support, with all their faults and all their strengths. Just to see how that would work for us. We all are never going to like our boss or even understand their decisions but we don’t necessarily have to.
    Kudos to you Sir! You got the point I was trying to make.

Unregistered
    If we gave the chief 100% of our support he ram it up our a$$. Like he just tried to do with those 11.42 hour shifts. The only reason we aren't working Alpha/Bravo everyday (for now) is because we pushed back. You never give a dictator carte blanche.

Unregistered
    Chief Clements started his rein as chief with 100% of the troops support. He comes to roll prior to the super bowl and starts his lies. Starting with the Super Bowl is the biggest event in the world that’s why we are going to 13 hour shifts no days off for 2 weeks. Then we get two mandatory days off because he does not want us tired but in the same breath says you can work off duty. Then the shift change roller coaster begins and continues for now 7 months. Bottom line chief is you only have so many officers on the street. So either hire more officers or pay the OT.
    And quit all the support shopping no one really gives a crap any longer. your decision making skills are terrible and your patrol major is not helping you at all.

Unregistered
    And we are not renegotiating the 4/3 staffing until negotiation time next year. So stop with the “flood” of emails by Rookies that say they want to go back to 7/7 or the 3443 staffing plans. But if this plan means so much to you, don’t worry we will NEGOTIATE with you on what you are giving up for your pipe dream.

Unregistered
    I have to agree. He started with 100% support from the officers. Support has steadily declined because of his bad decision making.
    He puts DeLaPepe in patrol who is well known to lower moral. DeLaPepe does as predicted.
    For the SB, 3 schedule changes in 2 weeks. So many changes that no one had a chance to plan their personal lives. This is unacceptable for somethimg he knew about for years.
    Covid staffing bid was done, but the day we arrive to work, it changed. Never explained.
    He tried to violate our contract with the 12 hours and even though 2 lawyers tell him it violates contract, he sends an email claiming he has the authority to do it.
    Puts HD in patrol. HD puts a dedicaded officer in the hospital who stayed healthy for the last almost 6 months.
    This is not leadership, this is micro management and bad micro management from people that sit in airconditioning all day.
    Clean it up? You cant do it if you were out on the streets with us and not in a safe environment watching cameras.
    Takes a knee, but wont listen to his officers.

Unregistered
    Seniority is a major part of this agency or at least it was at one time. Do your time and earn your days off. Some of us have been here a long time waiting to earn the seniority to have weekends off but wait and work to earn it not cry to the union or to the chief about it’s not fair. You want fair go to the school board police and you can get weekends holidays and the summer off. But here we work for it and it means a lot when you reach that point in your career.

Unregistered
    Seniority is a major part of this agency or at least it was at one time. Do your time and earn your days off. Some of us have been here a long time waiting to earn the seniority to have weekends off but wait and work to earn it not cry to the union or to the chief about it’s not fair. You want fair go to the school board police and you can get weekends holidays and the summer off. But here we work for it and it means a lot when you reach that point in your career.
    Spot on! If they want that shift they can negotiate for it. Let’s face it. It has always been their dream to get us off the 4/3. This issue can wait till negotiations next year. We need something in return. Not this idiotic idea of a MOU now because the Chief has “allegedly” have emailed the Chief. That’s another issue, what’s up with this emailing the Chief?

Unregistered
    Who’s the moron that is entertaining the Administrations request to negotiate the current days off/hours that is on the CBA that is in effect till next year?!?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12