Probation Officer Hiring Process

Unregistered

Probation Officer Hiring Process

Just applied for the CPO position (I'm not certified), I wanted to know how long the hiring process (pre-covid) was ? And also would I need to travel outside the Judicial Circuit (Broward) during the process before I eventually go to the Academy?

Thanks

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just applied for the CPO position (I'm not certified), I wanted to know how long the hiring process (pre-covid) was ? And also would I need to travel outside the Judicial Circuit (Broward) during the process before I eventually go to the Academy?

Thanks
    The hiring process takes anywhere from 6 months to a year. After the first interview, they select a handful of applicants to perform a background investigation. If you are one of those selected, you will be called in for a second interview, where you will provide additional personal details for the background investigation. Once they have completed all of the background investigations, the panel selects the most qualified applicant. If selected, you will be required to submit to a full physical examination, drug test and you must get fingerprinted. Once hired, you will perform menial tasks in a probation office until the next academy session. The academy lasts approximately 12 weeks. Once you pass the academy, you must take the FDLE Certification Exam, which is pretty easy as long as you paid attention in the academy. Once certified, you will probably be written up and fired shortly thereafter, unless of course, you are black.

Unregistered
    Is it understaffed ?
    How's the working culture?

Unregistered
    Is it understaffed ?
    How's the working culture?
    My brother in law left the DOC and got a job at a county jail. Higher pay, better management and less political BS. He said it was the best move he ever made. His pension will be higher too due to the better pay.

Unregistered
    How long do they take before they contact you ?

Unregistered
    How long do they take before they contact you ?
    About 8-10 months.