Protests at the SAO office. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Cash?
    How low your mentality and priority as an American has become. You should be ashamed .
    A vote has nothing to do with cash, nor should it.
    If what you are saying is the one who has more cash wins, then you are saying people buy votes. That is what is wrong with this traditional thinking and why change is being advocated for.

Buying an election is wrong and it caters to special interests. Didn't we learn that from the Pres election outcome?

And to the poster who wrote earlier about Melba not liking cops and being a democrat stealing money; I think you should know that Ms. Rundle is also a democrat. Further, Melba is not a cop hater, she is hawkish on misuse and abuse of power and that is much more than we can say about Ms. Rundle's exisiting record.

Melba has an enormous amount a respect for professional police who work within the statutes and know the boundaries of their job by the law. She will protect that; but do not try to run behind her skirt when you do something against the law, break order, and want special kickback favortism. That is not how the country, county, and district is suppose to run.
    Those who have gotten away with it for years should be worried, and those that have played by the rules have nothing to worry.

The office is a mess, otherwise Rundle would have been invited to state run for Governor. She was asked not to for pertinent reasons.
    Spot on! I’ve worked here for 15 years and I have dealt with Pearson, I see no problem with her being the new SA. Dale, time for a good change

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Spot on! I’ve worked here for 15 years and I have dealt with Pearson, I see no problem with her being the new SA. Dale, time for a good change
    One of the most concerning issues I have with Ms. Rundle is what she has misused and is called : Prosecutor Discretion.
    This is a very thin line is justice and should by no means be used for political favortism.

When a professional police officer works within the guidelines of the law and their departmental orders which takes a lot of forethought, mind caution, experience, and evidence beyond a reasonable doubt and then charges suddenly get dropped; you can only imagine what message that sends to a police officer trained to do their job, let alone a jr prosecutor learning the law to understand how these things escape justice.

This discretion needs to be understood. I'm not just talking about the complex cases, I'm talking about the low hanging fruit that would seem very simple to the respectable population watching decisions that provide special discretion to some and not others.

there are many examples to her record on confusion in this discretion, but an easy more most recent one was allowing violent protestors off the hook and sent a message to the respectable public that the violent protestors can carry on and nothing will happen to them.
    this is very far from justice in that I want my police to step in to handle a riot, this is exactly when we need our blue.

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2020/06/0...ed-miami-dade/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345