Covid
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Covid

Unregistered

Covid

Let's take a little detour from the absolute insanity of our politicians nodding to every rant and demand by every lunatic on the street. I need to ask, how the hell we wound up with almost 1,000 covid cases in Escambia county. Santa Rosa has 280 or so. Okaloosa has 375ish. How are we so far ahead of them? Yeah, there are a lot of elderly here, but there are elderly all over the region. We are leading the region in something it is not good to lead in. In the grand scheme of things, we are lower than a lot of places, but regionally we are way way up there. What the hell? Any guesses as to why?

Unregistered
    Wow. How is this happening? Escambia is at 1,500 plus cases. That's more than three times what other areas of the region are. Escambia has remarkably more deaths associated with the covid than anyone in the area. How is it that Escambia is taking such a hit while the rest of the region isn't? I dont wish I'll upon anyone of course! Im glad that other areas arent hurting the way Escambia is. I just cant figure out what the X factor is for Escambia. We need to get control of this fast. Cant keep yo-yoing the business here.

Unregistered
    It may be because we have a larger group of a rich and vibrant culture that refuses to stay home, social distance or engage in any responsible behavior like masks, hand washing, etc. They’d rather twerk their behinds on each other at the cookout and da club. They’ve noticed they’re getting covid at a higher rate but blame it on anyone else but their own behavior. What else is new.

Unregistered
    I'm not knocking you or picking a fight here. Just a piece of friendly advice. You may want to watch that mode of thinking. You must have noticed the climate we are all in today. Not saying words is one thing, but the powers that be want to control how you actually think and feel about things. That type of thought is not acceptable anymore. No free thought. No opinions based on your own experience. Dont look now, but just thinking that thought in your own home can get you canned in the hurt locker! Times have changed.

Unregistered
    I wonder if escambia has a bigger influx of covid due to being closer to other states and having a bit more of a transient population. In the sense that people transit to and from pcola to work in other states regularly. There are as many bama, georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi tags on cars around here as florida tags. People go back and forth from escambia a lot. Maybe it's more military in the area and visitors for said military folks. Not throwing stones at them! At any rate, the military has been pretty tight on its folks with regard to covid. I doubt its them. I would say it was tourist related, but our numbers are way down and we have had as many as any other areas have and they dont have our issues.

Unregistered
    How many positives do we have on staff now? This is getting out of control all over again.

Unregistered
    you all be safe out there

Unregistered
    Wow. As of today, escambia is at 3,100 cases plus change. Santa Rosa has 990 case. Okaloosa has 960 cases. Escambia has 51 deaths and the others have 9 or 10 deaths. How are we so much higher? What are we doing wrong here?

Unregistered
    Where did the post go about masks that was wondering if people were getting sick from block training?

Why was that deleted?

Unregistered
    It's... still there? Just, you know, use your eyes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast