Real Concerns

Thread: Real Concerns

Unregistered

Real Concerns

My fellow Deputies,

I hope all are doing well. I want to express my great concern for the future of our profession. It has become that the noisy few in this country have the loudest voice and are being catered to by the media and the extremists in this country. We are now public enemy number one. It doesn't matter how professional we are or how far we are willing to bend over backwards to prove that we are only here to help. We are all being judged by the action of a very few. As I watch the news I keep coming back to what proof has been established that the death of George Floyd was a racist incident. The only thing that has been used to establish the claim of racism is the officer was white and George was black. The nation seems to have bought into this thought process. The leaders in those cities that are burning do not seem to support the men and women who are their to protect them and the citizens that elected the leaders. It is very apparent that the leaders will throw everyone in law enforcement under the bus to save themselves or to calm the rioting masses. Now every time someone is injured during a law enforcement encounter the media and most of the leaders are saying the officers actions were excessive and they are being fired, with no real time to do a real internal investigation, and criminally charged. This has made me think what would happen if an unfortunate incident like occurred in our jurisdiction. Would our leaders support us? Would they allow for a proper investigation of the evidence? What have they done to protect us from false allegations? The only people that have cameras in their cars are K-9 and Traffic/or whatever they are called these days. Would the Sheriff support us? Or would he go on the news and try to separate himself from the incident? I for one hope none of us ever have to find out, but you have to ask the question, would I be a sacrificial lamb? These should be real concerns for everyone in our profession. Are you willing to bet your freedom that the county commissioners and the sheriff wouldn't sacrifice you to the masses.

Unregistered
    There is talk like that everywhere now. Lots of cops getting out and choosing another profession. We all believe in the morality of what we are doing and we all know it is an ugly business at times. What scares most in the job lately is that they will be the next example on national news just by answering the calls and following policy. The politicians who run us are just that...politicians! They will cut us loose to pander. In any respect, by the time the media gets done with you or us for a specific incident, we wont be worth anything and our lives will be ruined. That is regardless if we were in the right or not. They will socially destroy us. I hate to say it, but bail on this sinking ship. Find another way to make a living where the whole world isn't lined up to take a piece of you. You counting on the PBA to help you? For real? By the time they help, you'll be collecting your social security!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    My fellow Deputies,

I hope all are doing well. I want to express my great concern for the future of our profession. It has become that the noisy few in this country have the loudest voice and are being catered to by the media and the extremists in this country. We are now public enemy number one. It doesn't matter how professional we are or how far we are willing to bend over backwards to prove that we are only here to help. We are all being judged by the action of a very few. As I watch the news I keep coming back to what proof has been established that the death of George Floyd was a racist incident. The only thing that has been used to establish the claim of racism is the officer was white and George was black. The nation seems to have bought into this thought process. The leaders in those cities that are burning do not seem to support the men and women who are their to protect them and the citizens that elected the leaders. It is very apparent that the leaders will throw everyone in law enforcement under the bus to save themselves or to calm the rioting masses. Now every time someone is injured during a law enforcement encounter the media and most of the leaders are saying the officers actions were excessive and they are being fired, with no real time to do a real internal investigation, and criminally charged. This has made me think what would happen if an unfortunate incident like occurred in our jurisdiction. Would our leaders support us? Would they allow for a proper investigation of the evidence? What have they done to protect us from false allegations? The only people that have cameras in their cars are K-9 and Traffic/or whatever they are called these days. Would the Sheriff support us? Or would he go on the news and try to separate himself from the incident? I for one hope none of us ever have to find out, but you have to ask the question, would I be a sacrificial lamb? These should be real concerns for everyone in our profession. Are you willing to bet your freedom that the county commissioners and the sheriff wouldn't sacrifice you to the masses.
    Why are you getting a bad rap? Because there are bad Police doing bad things and others are letting them get away with it. Ask yourself do you know of a person in your Department that is not a good police officer and has gotten away with things you dont think they should have? Why are they still there? Is it the PBA taking up for the bad apples or lack of good management? Probably a combination of both. Have you ever witnessed a fellow officer cross the line or do something wrong? Im sure you have, what did you do about it? Nothing Im sure because nobody wants to be a rat. Lets ask this question, how many officers have been fired from your Department for cause the last several years? Do you think the offense they got fired for was the first time they committed an offense? How many citizens were done wrong before these police were caught and fired? You see this problem has been going on for years only to become more public because everybody has cameras on their phones and on every business. As long as Departments allow bad behavior and the public sees this what do you expect the public to think? There are so many instances on this forum alone. Think about it.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why are you getting a bad rap? Because there are bad Police doing bad things and others are letting them get away with it. Ask yourself do you know of a person in your Department that is not a good police officer and has gotten away with things you dont think they should have? Why are they still there? Is it the PBA taking up for the bad apples or lack of good management? Probably a combination of both. Have you ever witnessed a fellow officer cross the line or do something wrong? Im sure you have, what did you do about it? Nothing Im sure because nobody wants to be a rat. Lets ask this question, how many officers have been fired from your Department for cause the last several years? Do you think the offense they got fired for was the first time they committed an offense? How many citizens were done wrong before these police were caught and fired? You see this problem has been going on for years only to become more public because everybody has cameras on their phones and on every business. As long as Departments allow bad behavior and the public sees this what do you expect the public to think? There are so many instances on this forum alone. Think about it.
    This is best post on here