Lee vs Florida - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee vs Florida

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Define irony. Ok. Bunch of whiney liberal entitled brats taking a section of Seattle for themselves in an act of sedition. All the while, they are protesting the confederacy and things aligned with it which was a seditious movement. The children say they are basing their movement on ideals. Kind of like the confederacy based their movement on ideals that they felt were important. Not saying either was right or wrong. They are both now parts of our history. The snowflakes have already started putting up makeshift monuments to themselves in that part of Seattle. Ironic? Mostly moronic!
    The Confederacy did not attack the united States of America, they merely seceded, same as colonial America did from England. The Constitution gave them the right to do so. Sure, there were slaves. There were slaves all over the world.
    The southern states' agriculture was bringing in a lot of money from Europe, and the northern states wanted their share of this, really more than their share. President Lincoln violated the Constitution.

Unregistered
    I've grown a bit tired of hearing how America is evil and bad and how oddly, through the eyes of the snowflakes and some BLM and ACLU folks how America was the only nation to ever have slaves or make such a mistake. The Spanish were here before us and were tyrannical. The British were here before us and tyrannical. Etc etc. That is all important history. I think the fact that we as a nation overcame the evils of slavery should be a benchmark that is celebrated. America did not invent all the evils. We dont always get it 100% right, but there is no better place!

Unregistered
    The Confederacy did not attack the united States of America, they merely seceded, same as colonial America did from England. The Constitution gave them the right to do so. Sure, there were slaves. There were slaves all over the world.
    The southern states' agriculture was bringing in a lot of money from Europe, and the northern states wanted their share of this, really more than their share. President Lincoln violated the Constitution.
    Um. Well, there is the firing on Ft. Sumter in SC. The confederacy did open fire on federal troops occupying a federal fort. I hear you and I see your point, but to my point, history is important!

Unregistered
    Good point. Tobacco and Cotton were the primary source of revenue for the USA at that time. Here’s something not many people know. The Constitution to the United of America, our country’s most precious document dedicated to the very principal of freedom legalized something as vile and disgusting as slavery.

Unregistered
    Um. Well, there is the firing on Ft. Sumter in SC. The confederacy did open fire on federal troops occupying a federal fort. I hear you and I see your point, but to my point, history is important!
    South Carolina legally seceded from the union on 12/20/1860. The skirmish at Ft. Pickens occurred on 01/10/1861. Ft. Sumter was being reinforced by federal troops while both sides were parlaying in Washington. The bombardment of Ft. Sumter began on 05/12/1861.

All but around three battles of the Civil War were fought on Southern soil, well after the beginning of the war.

I think I'm right...but stand to be corrected.

Unregistered

If the roles were reversed

I think about things like this. What if all of us White Americans were the slaves and the Black Americans were the owners and everything that has happened to them had happened to us... I try and think how I would like seeing a statue of someone that fought for states that felt strongly that slavery was just fine and they should continue to be able to own slaves in public parks or public areas. Since I can only guess I'm gonna say I wouldn't like it the first time I saw it or the 500th time I saw it. Some commenters may disagree and say they'd be fine with it but I'm guessing the majority would agree they should be put on private property or in museums.

Unregistered
    Well. Looks like vandals got ahold of the monument in lee square.

Unregistered
    Oh no..paint..wait...stop...

Unregistered
    Well that's how it starts. Next thing you know there is an angry mob of hipsters with ropes pulling it down. And of they injure themselves doing it, they'll sue the city!

Unregistered
    so many more important things for us all to be worrying about like wearing out masks to prevent this virus from spreading. Talk about fear mongering at its best.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast