Ocoee PD

Thread: Ocoee PD

Unregistered

Question Ocoee PD

There is not an Ocoee PD thread so I decided to post my question here.

I am interested in employment with Ocoee PD. How is it there? I am sure you guys work with Ocoee officers and can offer some insight. Thanks!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is not an Ocoee PD thread so I decided to post my question here.

I am interested in employment with Ocoee PD. How is it there? I am sure you guys work with Ocoee officers and can offer some insight. Thanks!
    Good job, good benefits, good equipment, some morale problems. All in all pretty stable. They ave openings because we just hired some of their guys.

Unregistered

Stay away.

Stay away! There’s a reason why the majority of officers there come to OCSO. The pay is low in comparison to the majority of agencies in the area. Vehicle take home policy is horrendous. Equipment is horrible just look at their rifles and laptops. Zero specialty units other than school resource officer. And the list goes on (too much to write). My advise if you don’t want to go to Orange County and can’t make it on with OPD go to the other local agencies like Winter Garden, Apopka, Windermere, Belle Isle, Winter Park etc. the benefits are better with better pay and you could even take your car home if you live outside of city limits. Their station is not even adequate enough for them. The city government is stuck in old ways. Do yourself a favor and go to any other agency.