4-10 Schedule Is Coming To An End. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    If you want to know who to blame for this just look in the mirror. You have a 4 day work schedule and didn’t appreciate it. Yes, some of you did but there’s a whole lot of entitled folks out there that think it’s smart to burn two a day every other week. It’s all about staffing.

Unregistered
    It’s nothing new people have been banging off here for years and it’s never been addressed. You act like people calling in sick is something that just started. Just take a look at peoples sick time some have no time at all. Others called sick all the time while on patrol but then they are the ones selected to go to DB and other specialized units. The only reason the chief is pissed now is because the city is crying they have no money and by the way I call BS. So as long as the higher ups keep crying guys keep banging off. It is what it is and it’s always been that way here.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s nothing new people have been banging off here for years and it’s never been addressed. You act like people calling in sick is something that just started. Just take a look at peoples sick time some have no time at all. Others called sick all the time while on patrol but then they are the ones selected to go to DB and other specialized units. The only reason the chief is pissed now is because the city is crying they have no money and by the way I call BS. So as long as the higher ups keep crying guys keep banging off. It is what it is and it’s always been that way here.
    That’s fine “it’s always been that way here,” the difference is that before they (the City) were willing to throw money at the problem and the overtime hors were happy. The shift was filled and the troops were happy and the saps who burn time for no good reason are happy because they get to stay home and rub one out.

The problem now is the City isn’t willing to throw money, so the OT hors are angry the troops are mad because they have to work more (and truthfully it’s also unsafe). The saps continue doing whatever they want and continue to call in sick not considering the consequences of their selfish ways. Of course the hors and the troops end up paying for the saps and we all loose our 4/3.

So who’s to blame the administration, the union, or the selfish saps? My opinion.. I blame the saps. You have to know when, now isn’t the time. So F you saps. I hope the blisters on your hands develop blisters.

Unregistered
    You are either a command staff or you are the command staff's lap dog. Who the hell are you to tell anyone how to use their sick time? Go back into the hole you crawled out of and shut the fuch up!

Unregistered
    I will take those two "off-weekend" a month for now!

Unregistered

Contract law

Labor law violation ...... file an injunction like the Miami FOP lodge told you , I hope all of you have signed up for the PBA for many reasons besides this. If you didn't you are a fool.

Unregistered

Under duress is not concent

That's NOT legal..... you don't get to violate collective bargaining contract, is the state of Florida in a declared state of emergency? (NO). your FOP President should be at the courthouse steps filing an injunction. What did your FOP PRESIDENT SAY, He clearly had filed an injunction against violation of contract law right?

Unregistered

It is not a "shift shift bid" it is an illegal action.

It's "consent" but you are factually correct, my advice is go forward with the vote of no confidence..... it is justified. You can cite a hostile work environment, look at the other agencies that surround you to justify that this is just a violation of contract law . You are playing with peoples lives, the public servants who are bending over backwards to help the citizens don't deserve to be victimized and extorted you must proceed with the vote of no confidence and tell the citizens to terminate the city manager and assistant city manager for intentional violations of due process. No bueno

Unregistered
    No doubt they are doctoring the books to show they are losing millions of dollars. Funny how no other cities are crying foul. And don’t start with we are different other cities depend on tourist dollars orlando ft lauderdale Clearwater etc I don’t hear them crying. I hope the federal government takes a close look at the FEMA paperwork so they can see how this city has tried to play them.

Unregistered
    Family First!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12