Defund - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Defund

Unregistered

Industry Standards

I believe I know who you. Your a fake yourself. Progressive woman right.

Unregistered

Waaaaaaay too much

We are paying way too much money to the police in general for the amount of services and size of this small island community. If you look at the line item for the two highest paid covered police employees, meaning in the union. These are the two lieutenants positions. Over 300,000 alone in compensation and that’s not including the overtime they can make which is not on there. I’m sure that seems to be an over the top salary for such a small village. I just found out that the police contract is expired and a new negotiation is in place for a new contract that could bring all of these salaries to a possible high of maybe 12% over a 3 year period. I also heard Miami Beach could provide services with officers here that are assigned, and we would get the benefits of the boats, crime scene people, police dog, or other assists that they already have at less then half the cost. I also heard our officers would be invited to hire on with Miami Beach as well but we would save millions on insurance and vehicle maintenance alone. Something to think about or our taxes are going to be more crazy then they are in a few years. It’s business, not personal. I would say to all of my fellow residents that we look at we allow some of the officers that are at or near retirement to do so, maybe look at a buyout of others and the rest can stay on during a transition to the beach. By the time of a one or two year process all of the remaining officers would be retired or hired on. If we don’t look at solutions on our biggest money draw on this village we will have a 7 or 8 million dollar budget for police alone in the next few years.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We are paying way too much money to the police in general for the amount of services and size of this small island community. If you look at the line item for the two highest paid covered police employees, meaning in the union. These are the two lieutenants positions. Over 300,000 alone in compensation and that’s not including the overtime they can make which is not on there. I’m sure that seems to be an over the top salary for such a small village. I just found out that the police contract is expired and a new negotiation is in place for a new contract that could bring all of these salaries to a possible high of maybe 12% over a 3 year period. I also heard Miami Beach could provide services with officers here that are assigned, and we would get the benefits of the boats, crime scene people, police dog, or other assists that they already have at less then half the cost. I also heard our officers would be invited to hire on with Miami Beach as well but we would save millions on insurance and vehicle maintenance alone. Something to think about or our taxes are going to be more crazy then they are in a few years. It’s business, not personal. I would say to all of my fellow residents that we look at we allow some of the officers that are at or near retirement to do so, maybe look at a buyout of others and the rest can stay on during a transition to the beach. By the time of a one or two year process all of the remaining officers would be retired or hired on. If we don’t look at solutions on our biggest money draw on this village we will have a 7 or 8 million dollar budget for police alone in the next few years.
    Why you so gay?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why you so gay?
    OMG you’re trouble. You’re not aloud to say gay anymore unless you are. Not my rules, butt...... no pun intended. You should immediately go down Hispaniola st. knock on the door, go inside, take a knee and beg the blogger for forgiveness. If you beg just right, he’ll call Dr L&L over and you can beg for his mercy as well. They’re such good people, they’re gonna forgive. Take a toothbrush with you. You’re gonna need it.

Unregistered

Must go

This PD is to bloated with its budget. Too much for us to handle. To to defund and disband.

Unregistered

Untouchables

For too long just asking questions about the police budget or suggesting further analysis got you shunned. They would come for you!!!! It is time to ask why on earth we spend so much money to give people a cushy job in a town with relatively little serious crime. Why do we pay for take home cars?!!! Do you know how much bigger the pool of cars has to be? Look at how much ammunition we have. It is time NBV reevaluates its priorities. Time to speak up!!!!!!!

Unregistered

Let’s look into it

A in-depth audit and evaluation of the police department personnel and the budget will show only a hand few of of the police personnel do anything during a shift. Too much bloated salaries for personnel that really don’t do anything on a daily basis. How can a secretary make over 88,000.00 a year? How can a lieutenant make 110,000.00 a year base pay? What do these people really do? Let’s pull their records to see how many citation they have really written in the last several years or even last 5 years. How many arrests have they made? None from what the records show. When is it too much for a small municipal village to spend on the police, 6 million, 7 million, maybe in a couple years, 8 million? That’s where it’s going.

Avenger of the truth and justice

Unregistered

You about to loose yo’ job

Unregistered

Cool perder el tiempo!!

residents come to our page complaining about strouts use of tax payer money but they have no clue how much we waste on our toys and cover ups jajajajaja we have plenty of high powered assault riffles, new cars & a k9 that we'll probably never need. stay on facebook with the whining we don't care!

Unregistered

Defund Yo Job.

You and you and yooooooooooooooo, gona lose yo job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idlFdOIMxO0

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast