Protesters at HCSO Memorial
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Protesters at HCSO Memorial

Earlier this evening I saw a picture of protesters at the SOC literally standing on the HCSO fallen officer memorial. What the ****?!

There's a reason I was a member of the HCSO's Honorguard Team for over a dozen years. Respect for the fallen was one of the main reasons, among others. I was an active member of the team when several of those remembered on that memorial lost their lives in the line of duty. By all means have your protest but stay the hell off that memorial!

I guess the stuff I've heard about Chad Cronister is true. That's sad! Grow some balls Chad and be a Sheriff or get the hell out of that office!

Dep. (Retired) Rob Wilson

More cowbell

Clarification

I was outraged as well when I saw that. However, I did find out that all of the etchings for each fallen hero were removed prior to the protest. Doesn’t make what those delinquents did okay, but knowing that they weren’t standing on the images and names of our fallen helped my anger a bit. As I’m sure you remember, for every second of video you see there is an hour of behind the scenes.

Hope you’re enjoying your retirement and thank you for your service.

Unregistered
    Yes, the etchings for each fallen hero were removed prior to the protest. Because Chad knew the protest was coming to the memorial. Yet, he did nothing to stop it.

Unregistered

True

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes, the etchings for each fallen hero were removed prior to the protest. Because Chad knew the protest was coming to the memorial. Yet, he did nothing to stop it.
    True. But brother it’s a fine line to walk nowadays. We don’t live in a world of fire hoses and dogs anymore. Too much force and the world turns on you and life becomes even worse for our deputies. Too little and you are accused of being too soft and property damage ensues.
    I don’t like any of the end results lately but I don’t know that there is a perfect solution. If we win over just one person by letting people occupy that space for a few hours and stand on some donated building materials while the images of our fallen are protected I’m personally okay with that.

Unregistered
    Earlier this evening I saw a picture of protesters at the SOC literally standing on the HCSO fallen officer memorial. What the ****?!

There's a reason I was a member of the HCSO's Honorguard Team for over a dozen years. Respect for the fallen was one of the main reasons, among others. I was an active member of the team when several of those remembered on that memorial lost their lives in the line of duty. By all means have your protest but stay the hell off that memorial!

I guess the stuff I've heard about Chad Cronister is true. That's sad! Grow some balls Chad and be a Sheriff or get the hell out of that office!

Dep. (Retired) Rob Wilson
    Thank your blessings that you are retired. Thats just a small piece if what this agency has become. They want police reform? How much weaker can we get? Anything more and there will be no police, no law, and anarchy. While our leaders sit back an listen to anarchists and criminals. They only want to weaken us so its easier for them to be criminals, of all races. This is not meant towards any race. This is mean towards rioting disrespectful criminals. Not protestors. Unless it was the scum that stood on the memorial.

Where is the voice for law abiding citizens Of all races that have what they have and are successful because of their hard work??? People that want cops to be around and protect them and their things. Only to be called fascists. Why do we listen to people that have nothing to lose and want chaos?

Identify and fire racist cops, but don't weaken the entire law enforcement machine because of bad apples. In all my decades here, I never had one incident regarding race and have friends and family of all races. My ability to do this job should not change and i should not be punished because of what a few morons did.

If you read through all these threads going back years, our complaints are not much different than what protestors want. We want fairness and equality when it comes to assignments and promotions. We hate favoritism. We hate when the connected get protection when they get in trouble, yet us regular workers get the book thrown at us.

GOOD COPS of all races that are fair and do this job the right way understand what the protesters want more than you know.

We don't need to cater to criminals, rioters, or anarchists. What the protestors want, we been saying all along. For our leaders to get off their high horse and be fair.

Keep in mind that us cops and criminals on the street are all in the same. The players in the playing field. We are media fodder and a money making device. We are all out on the street playing cops and robbers while our agency, county, state, and federal leaders, make a lot of money off of all of us while sitting in their offices completely disconnected. Not to mention lawyers. Making us weaker is not the answer and they should have secured the memorial.

Unregistered
    True. But brother it’s a fine line to walk nowadays. We don’t live in a world of fire hoses and dogs anymore. Too much force and the world turns on you and life becomes even worse for our deputies. Too little and you are accused of being too soft and property damage ensues.
    I don’t like any of the end results lately but I don’t know that there is a perfect solution. If we win over just one person by letting people occupy that space for a few hours and stand on some donated building materials while the images of our fallen are protected I’m personally okay with that.
    Every memorial starts as "materials." To almost all of us, these are not just "donated materials." Once the materials are are used to build a memorial, it is a memorial and should be cherished and protected as it is sacred. What do you think the "Protesters" would say if a bunch of cops stood on top of Floyd's headstone and grave? Would they consider the grave as just "Some building materials?"

Unregistered
    Good point with regards to the materials and picking our battles. Too much force or too little. Thats what I hate about this job! Lose lose. When we arrest, they hate us. When we cant arrest, we never do anything and cops don't care. Gets old.

Unregistered
    Every memorial starts as "materials." To almost all of us, these are not just "donated materials." Once the materials are are used to build a memorial, it is a memorial and should be cherished and protected as it is sacred. What do you think the "Protesters" would say if a bunch of cops stood on top of Floyd's headstone and grave? Would they consider the grave as just "Some building materials?"
    Good point too. Lose or lose. Double standards. Soon no one will want to be a deputy. They will have the anarchy they deserve.

How about people that hate police and want us gone be given areas of the country where police will not respond. How about put people that hate and hurt us on a “do not respond” list. They can handle their own childish problems. Works for me. We wont have to deal with them. Some places like Detroit are already like that. Thanks to democrats.

Unregistered
    It should have never happened. There are things you put up a fight for, and the memorial built for the deputies who lost their lives for this office and this community, is one of those things you put your foot down down for. CC is too soft on crime. CC has turned into a full blown liberal democrat. CC needs to go!

Unregistered

Bad analogy

I get your point, but don’t agree with the analogy. Floyd is buried in that grave and his headstone has his name and likely his likeness. Our fallen are not buried there and their likeness and names aren’t on the granite.

I agree it was disrespectful, the original accusation referenced nothing being done to protect the memorial.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast