New candidate for Sheriff - Page 9
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Unregistered

My 2 cents

This is the typical BS that goes on all the time. Somebody doesn't like what Ed said, so right away they go after him and shit on him, who no doubt is a suck up and probably looking to climb the later of success by screwing over people.

Isn't this discussion about Spike and how he can better the agency? Instead people shitting on each other, we are better than that. I do understand the frustration and know there are plenty of people reading these posts including the suck ups and admin.

Let's face it, SCSO is a sinking ship, some of administration and other supervisors just don't care. I have never seen moral this low, it's frightening. People afraid to do their job, speak their opinion, working countless hours of OT, being beat down by their bosses and then the bosses laugh about it and bosses that will not stand up for their people.

There are so many Deputies, Sgt.'s Lt.'s and command staff that have sold their souls through the years in an attempt to self-promote themselves and have no issue stepping on and jamming up anyone to make themselves look good in the administrations eyes. To be honest, they are good liars, spineless, never were good cops and weak people. However people are intimated by them, because they brag how "tight" they are with the administration, their rank, people tell them what they want to hear and will never speak up to them. If they do speak up, right away they are labeled as "disgruntled people" and will never be able to move on from that. CL, SL, LT, CA, DP the list can go on and on.

There are good leaders at SCSO, however not many because they are held back or pushed around the the bosses. I spoke to someone recently who said DF reminds him a lot of MD. These two people never had an issue speaking up and standing up for their people and for what is right. They know the meaning of leadership and are strong people.

As many of you know, SCSO tried countless times to screw over MD and did. MD always went to work with a smile on his face, treated his people very well and no issue standing up for his people and himself. The person I spoke with, is good friends with MD. They told me many stories and incidents of what they did to MD, it was disgusting all they way to the DE administration, no wonder he left as soon as he could. Don't forget they also fired him and put him through hell.

I say this to say this, Spike you might want to consider bring MD back. He was well respected, well liked, honest and a cops cop.

Charlie, we are not stupid we can read between the lines, nice try. You did the same thing a while ago and nobody trusted you because of your actions and history.

Spike, I wish you the best of luck, you do have my vote. I know you will be a great leader and put the employees first and clean house.

Spike Hopkins
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Spike in 2016 when you were running for Sheriff of Orange County as a Republican you said:

10. Personal information: Age, city of residence, family, education, experience and endorsements, etc.

I have been a resident of Orange County for 38 years. I am 49 years old. My family moved to the Conway area of Orange County when my father retired from the United States Air Force after 20 years of service. I am a devoted family man and respected member of my church. Law enforcement is the family business, as my beautiful wife, Shelby, is a police officer in Orlando. We have a 6-year-old son named Quintin.
    To answer your question, I've lived and still live in Seminole County for 12 years. I lived in Seminole when I ran for the OC sheriff.

Do all the other issues going on within the SCSO not concern you?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Hopkins View Post
    To answer your question, I've lived and still live in Seminole County for 12 years. I lived in Seminole when I ran for the OC sheriff.

Do all the other issues going on within the SCSO not concern you?

Not really because it's the same thing you told the deputies in Orange County in 2016 when you ran as a Republican. I was just asking because you gave Orange County voters the impression you lived in Orange County for 38 years, but you really lived in Seminole County. Just wondering what else you are saying that isn't true.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3172600]Spike, given the current climate, would you take a knee if asked to by the community?[/QUOTE
    I only kneel to God.

Unregistered

My 2 cents

This is the typical BS that goes on all the time. Somebody doesn't like what Ed said, so right away they go after him and shit on him, who no doubt is a suck up and probably looking to climb the later of success by screwing over people.

Isn't this discussion about Spike and how he can better the agency? Instead people shitting on each other, we are better than that. I do understand the frustration and know there are plenty of people reading these posts including the suck ups and admin.

Let's face it, SCSO is a sinking ship, some of administration and other supervisors just don't care. I have never seen moral this low, it's frightening. People afraid to do their job, speak their opinion, working countless hours of OT, being beat down by their bosses and then the bosses laugh about it and bosses that will not stand up for their people.

There are so many Deputies, Sgt.'s Lt.'s and command staff that have sold their souls through the years in an attempt to self-promote themselves and have no issue stepping on and jamming up anyone to make themselves look good in the administrations eyes. To be honest, they are good liars, spineless, never were good cops and weak people. However people are intimated by them, because they brag how "tight" they are with the administration, their rank, people tell them what they want to hear and will never speak up to them. If they do speak up, right away they are labeled as "disgruntled people" and will never be able to move on from that. CL, SL, LT, CA, DP the list can go on and on.

There are good leaders at SCSO, however not many because they are held back or pushed around the the bosses. I spoke to someone recently who said DF reminds him a lot of MD. These two people never had an issue speaking up and standing up for their people and for what is right. They know the meaning of leadership and are strong people.

As many of you know, SCSO tried countless times to screw over MD and did. MD always went to work with a smile on his face, treated his people very well and no issue standing up for his people and himself. The person I spoke with, is good friends with MD. They told me many stories and incidents of what they did to MD, it was disgusting all they way to the DE administration, no wonder he left as soon as he could. Don't forget they also fired him and put him through hell.

I say this to say this, Spike you might want to consider bring MD back. He was well respected, well liked, honest and a cops cop.

Charlie, we are not stupid we can read between the lines, nice try. You did the same thing a while ago and nobody trusted you because of your actions and history.

Spike, I wish you the best of luck, you do have my vote. I know you will be a great leader and put the employees first and clean house.

Unregistered

Chief

Not really because it's the same thing you told the deputies in Orange County in 2016 when you ran as a Republican. I was just asking because you gave Orange County voters the impression you lived in Orange County for 38 years, but you really lived in Seminole County. Just wondering what else you are saying that isn't true.
    It's not a lie. I lived in Orange county for 38 years and I have lived in Seminole for 12 years. Yes both agencies have the same problems much of the problems are due to poor leadership. Orange County was just on a much larger scale. My experience from working in a large county, I saw first hand how bad leadership has such an effect on how the the county can be ran into the ground internally and externally.

As far as your concerns for other things you think I'm "not being truthful" about, I invite you to look into anything you want about me and if you have any questions ask me. I have no reason to lie. Do you have any questions about my experience? Do you have any questions about my plan that is laid out on my website? Is anything that I've said about the Seminole County Sheriff's Office not true? You should be more concerned about the terrible condition of the Seminole County Sheriff's Office and not how long I've lived in Seminole County.

Unregistered
    If you are someone in the admin, then what you are choosing to "go after" Spike about is only speaking volumns about what everyone is complaining about. If you aren't in admin but want to be someday then hang it up, it isn't happening. I would be willing to bet if Spike chose to lie or mislead anyone about anything it wouldn't be about the number of years he lived anywhere. It is so irrelevant that I shouldn't even be responding to it but you got me and I gave in. As someone else said, alot of employees don't or have ever resided in Seminole, so who gives a ****. Challenge his views, beliefs, visions or whatever else you don't agree with.

And for CA, well at least his message wasn't plagiarized again but we ALL see through it and know his true intentions.

Unregistered
    It's not a lie. I lived in Orange county for 38 years and I have lived in Seminole for 12 years. Yes both agencies have the same problems much of the problems are due to poor leadership. Orange County was just on a much larger scale. My experience from working in a large county, I saw first hand how bad leadership has such an effect on how the the county can be ran into the ground internally and externally.

As far as your concerns for other things you think I'm "not being truthful" about, I invite you to look into anything you want about me and if you have any questions ask me. I have no reason to lie. Do you have any questions about my experience? Do you have any questions about my plan that is laid out on my website? Is anything that I've said about the Seminole County Sheriff's Office not true? You should be more concerned about the terrible condition of the Seminole County Sheriff's Office and not how long I've lived in Seminole County.
    Not a Chief, just a voter, but can't help but notice the things being promised for Seminole are the same things that were promised in Orange.

https://www.orangeobserver.com/photo...county-sheriff

Unregistered
    Kind of hard to implement change and follow through on promises if you’re not the boss.

Spike Hopkins
    Not a Chief, just a voter, but can't help but notice the things being promised for Seminole are the same things that were promised in Orange.

https://www.orangeobserver.com/photo...county-sheriff
    The bottom line is, are they bad things to implement? Same problems, neighbor agency.

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast