New candidate for Sheriff - Page 8
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Spike Hopkins
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Spike I noticed on your website you called Sheriff Lemma out for hiring back "double dippers." I couldn't help but think wouldn't you be a "double dipper" if you come back to work?
    Good point but I'm not on the state pension. I would only be receiving the pay as your sheriff.

Unregistered
    He mentioned it wasn’t right to “double dip” but that other people were able to be promoted into that position but yet we brought someone who retired from us back into the same high ranking position. Maybe you should be asking why we didn’t promote someone from within into that position. If you can tell me that not one of all of our Lieutenants we have was qualified to do it then that means our Captains failed to train them to fill a Captain position. If it’s happening at that level then it’s probably happening at all levels. Still no one can answer any of Spike’s questions or address any of his facts.

Take another double shot of the kool aid and think about our organization and not yourself.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed McDonough View Post
    Since you did not sign your name, I do not know who you are. But the easiest way to find out about someone is to ask people who have worked with them. There are still a few left at the SCSO. See what they say.
    I wasn't the greatest deputy who ever worked at the SCSO but I do not believe I was the worst either.
    During my tenure, I made over 400 arrests and was decorated twice by Sheriff Eslinger. The first award was the Sheriff's Office Commendation for disarming a suspect armed with two knives and a 2 by 4. The second commendation was the Sheriff'Office Lifesaving Award for preventing a woman from committing suicide by slashing herself with a razor while locked inside her car.
    As for the Academy, I started at the Academy when I was 49 years old which is a time when most LEO's are ending their careers not starting them. Nobody gave me a free pass since I had to meet the same standards as everyone else in the class...most of whom were young enough to be my son or daughter. When I graduated, I had already turned 50. I retired when I was 62 years old which I believe made me one of the oldest active duty deputies in the SCSO. I know I was the oldest deputy still working on the road at that time.
    So if you think I had it easy, you are wrong but like I said...ask some of the people who worked with me. Let them be the judge.
    Oh, Mcdun-huh. Congrats on your awards for your 12 years of service. You most certainly did and currently enjoy being the recipient of the good old boys system. Those cops that put up with your old man ranting, sure appreciated covering your @ss.

You are living and registered to vote in Orange County. You want to inject yourself in a discussion about current affairs at SCSO. Shut up about it.

Signed.

Keep living in the past. Keep being mad.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Hopkins View Post
    Like they say on the TV game show, this is my final answer. Reading this last post, the majority of your questions are geared towards somebody who is a politician. A lot of these questions have absolutely nothing to do with how the sheriff runs his or her office. Just to remind everyone, I'm not a politician I am a career long cop

With that being said, did you not go to my website and read my plan? You ask where all this money is coming from for my projects and you talk about raising taxes. Look at the tens of millions of dollars the current administration is wasting and not only having to hire, train and equip new deputies, but this year alone they have had to spend over $3 million in overtime. At this rate $6 million will go towards overtime because there is such a shortage of deputies on the road. My research shows that $3 million a year goes towards command staff pay.

What are your thoughts on the North region only having 5 deputies working? What about the fact of other agencies having to respond to calls for service in Seminole County because there's not a deputy closer?

I have answered all your questions honestly and to the best of my ability. Being a sheriff should be non-partisan and I will not interject my political affiliations into my work. That's why I am not concerned about any other campaign going on right now other than my own.

As a matter of fact, I only plan on voting for one person this year in the election, myself. I want to be neutral the entire way around.

You sound really bothered that I have a plan to not only help the citizens of Seminole County, the employees of the sheriff's office, and actually put more deputies on the street while saving money.

Stay safe,

Spike
    What about corrections? It’s the same as the road. Messed up! What are your plans for detention deputy’s at John E. Polk and other detention facilities in the Sheriff’s Office?

Spike Hopkins
    For those who are curious to my leadership philosophy, read or download this book on Audible. Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willlink and Leif Babin. https://www.audible.com/ep/title/?as...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Unregistered

You have my vote

You have my vote Spike. Save our Deputies in North and South Regions from bring understaffed and ruled over by tyrannical supervisors.

Spike Hopkins
    That's the plan. Thanks for your support! 🇺🇸

Charlie Albrecht
    For those that need to talk
    Good evening SCSO,

If you can not go to your chain of command please come to me. I am willing to listen, talk, and be your voice if needed. Stay safe I have your back, Charlie Albrecht

Unregistered

Spike how long have you lived in Seminole County?

Spike in 2016 when you were running for Sheriff of Orange County as a Republican you said:

10. Personal information: Age, city of residence, family, education, experience and endorsements, etc.

I have been a resident of Orange County for 38 years. I am 49 years old. My family moved to the Conway area of Orange County when my father retired from the United States Air Force after 20 years of service. I am a devoted family man and respected member of my church. Law enforcement is the family business, as my beautiful wife, Shelby, is a police officer in Orlando. We have a 6-year-old son named Quintin.

Unregistered

Trolls are out!

What’s next? Are we going to discredit his ability to lead the agency because he worked somewhere else too?

Last time I checked, a lot of our current employees live outside of our county. But he obviously moved here for a reason.

Maybe you should ask why we have a high turnover rate. Maybe you should ask why we can’t work off duty’s in other counties but UCF is ok some how. Maybe you should ask how many opioid presentations were given the last few years and how they benefitted you (obviously you think they do). Maybe you should ask how come things have only changed because of this forum. Let’s see we’ve gotten hats, tattoos, load bearing vests and other changes. The most recently was after being called out as looking like a banker, someone made a tv appearance in uniform. I’ve noticed quite a few other people who also don’t wear a uniform.....some never since their promotions. Some oversee non detectives too. Politicians constantly skate the truth and can’t ever give direct answers. Let’s see if and when the current administration can directly answer those questions here or anywhere.

Keep trolling.

Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast