New candidate for Sheriff - Page 44
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Way to campaign and gain votes = with all the disgruntled on here. You haven’t even begun to gain the support of the community or its’ leaders, business, or long term residents. They matter even more so because they are the ones we serve and protect. There are more of them than the unhappy individuals on this blog.

This site has caused nothing but angst at the Sheriff’s Office. We’ve been tearing each other apart on this site while society does the same thing.

I support Lemma and so do many other employees.

Early voting starts Monday.

Spike, put the keyboard down and stop stirring the pot.

Unregistered
    Do we gain the support by making the SCSO look bad? For example Sammy Gibson (who is probably the most outspoken ant-Spike person on here) representing himself as a captain for the SCSO and running a smear campaign while on duty....(check the post dates and times). It is really so embarrassing. The little bit of respect I had for you Sammy is gone, and I'm not the only one that feels that way.
    This post was clearly not written by anyone who is even affiliated with SCSO. Let's not forget Sammy was shot in the line of duty trying to recover the body of one of our fallen deputies. So, if you lost respect for him because of posting his opinion, shame on you.

Unregistered
    This site has caused nothing but angst at the Sheriff’s Office. We’ve been tearing each other apart on this site while society does the same thing.

I support Lemma and so do many other employees.

Early voting starts Monday.

Spike, put the keyboard down and stop stirring the pot.
    I would agree that it is a shame the way people behave on here, however, nothing Spike has said is disrespectful or trying to "stir the pot". That blame belongs elsewhere. Have you not read what has been going on in this forum before Spike ever came along?There are plenty of emoyees here that support DL because their jobs depend on it. But there are plenty that have nothing left to lose and won't. Yes GO VOTE!

Unregistered

Reforming political offices

I’ve seen enough, heard enough of the division, politics within and want to suggest a solution as the days/years go forward. I do not belong to any political ideology/cult membership. I am not a part of any political campaign. I can think independently, gather facts and come to a conclusion, which is exactly what law enforcement should be doing everyday. It should not be influenced by standing in the community, economic status, race, religion, sexuality, sex or any other factor.

If judges, as elected officials must run on a non-partisan basis, ya know to be fair and impartial (lol) why can’t, as criminal justice reform, a sheriff’s race be the same? It’s not a dumb question but it would require a lot change in charters/state constitution.

Some folks in positions of power don’t want that change. My question for Spike and Dennis is this....would you support a legislative change to change a sheriff’s race as non-partisan?

Unregistered

Landslide

Word has it it’s already a blow out.

Spike Hopkins
    I’ve seen enough, heard enough of the division, politics within and want to suggest a solution as the days/years go forward. I do not belong to any political ideology/cult membership. I am not a part of any political campaign. I can think independently, gather facts and come to a conclusion, which is exactly what law enforcement should be doing everyday. It should not be influenced by standing in the community, economic status, race, religion, sexuality, sex or any other factor.

If judges, as elected officials must run on a non-partisan basis, ya know to be fair and impartial (lol) why can’t, as criminal justice reform, a sheriff’s race be the same? It’s not a dumb question but it would require a lot change in charters/state constitution.

Some folks in positions of power don’t want that change. My question for Spike and Dennis is this....would you support a legislative change to change a sheriff’s race as non-partisan?

I have said many times, I do not believe that constitutional officers should be partisan. I fully support legislation that would change that.

Spike Hopkins

I have always said I believe that constitutional officers should not be partisan. I fully support legislation that would make it non partisan.

Spike Hopkins
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Hopkins View Post
    I have always said I believe that constitutional officers should not be partisan. I fully support legislation that would make it non partisan.
    I also believe the law should also reflect the candidate should be an active or retired law enforcement officer.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Hopkins View Post
    I have said many times, I do not believe that constitutional officers should be partisan. I fully support legislation that would change that.
    Then why didn't you put your money where your mouth is? Real easy to do, why didn't you run as No Party Affiliation? Seems you could have stood up for your belief and set an example. Instead, you chose to run as a Democrat and ride the coattails of the low info voters who only see a D and vote the party line. I know you will dismiss this, but I am legitimately interested as to your reasoning behind this.

Unregistered
    Then why didn't you put your money where your mouth is? Real easy to do, why didn't you run as No Party Affiliation? Seems you could have stood up for your belief and set an example. Instead, you chose to run as a Democrat and ride the coattails of the low info voters who only see a D and vote the party line. I know you will dismiss this, but I am legitimately interested as to your reasoning behind this.
    He's done answering your questions. He's headed out of Lake County in the RV he doesn't live in.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344