New candidate for Sheriff - Page 4
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    That’s awesome. How many times have we just moved problem people to other divisions? We just move a demotion person to the north region. We keep moving problems from place to place. Why can’t we address a problem for what it is? Probably why we can’t have a cop as the snp cap. When a preacher is the cap he’ll make spiritual decisions over legal decisions.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks but no thanks? blah blah blah, really? Good with what we have, lets take a look at what we have. We have a politician and a guy that thinks he is a thespian. This guy does not have an athentic bone in his body. As far as promises made and promises kept, remember this one, "I am not going to touch the current PTO system." One broken promise after another. It is one thing to scrutinize someone running for office but to fault them for broken promises and when the one you have currently does that on a regular basis seems a bit hypicritocal.
    I miss the old PTO system.

Unregistered

Why are you a Democrat?

This is simply a values question. What about their values do you align with? I know, the political game says, address this quickly at a surface level, or dismiss it, and get back on message. I'd like the candidate to answer this honestly and thoroughly. I vote core values. If you align with their values, explain why. If you don't, explain why? How authentic are you going to be with us sir. I vote according to the values I believe in, and attempt to live accordingly. Why sir, are you a Democrat?

Unregistered
    This is simply a values question. What about their values do you align with? I know, the political game says, address this quickly at a surface level, or dismiss it, and get back on message. I'd like the candidate to answer this honestly and thoroughly. I vote core values. If you align with their values, explain why. If you don't, explain why? How authentic are you going to be with us sir. I vote according to the values I believe in, and attempt to live accordingly. Why sir, are you a Democrat?
    He knows he could not beat Lemma in a Republican Primary, so he changed parties, in the hopes that Democrats who do not do their research on him will vote for him. Ask yourself why the Seminole Democratic Party doesn't list him as a current candidate on their website. See for yourself:

https://semdems.com/candidates/

Spike Hopkins
    Sorry for the delay but this is the response for the latest post and the other post about me being a Democrat.

First, please visit my web site https://spikeforseminolesheriff.com/...for-citizens-1 This will address what my values are. I am sure you posed the same question to Dennis Lemma about him being a Republican. I'm eager to hear what he told you.

I am not a politician and I do not agree with the sheriff's race being partisan, but it is.

A few years ago, I changed to the Democratic party. I had no plans on running for sheriff. I was living comfortably on my OCSO retirement. It was not until I was approached by several SCSO deputies and noticed the SCSO was not prepared for 21st century policing. I could not let Seminole County turn into Orange County.

If you noticed, I did not qualify until late in the race. This actually put me behind the 8 ball for a campaign.

So, assuming things without asking is unwarranted.

I can't answer any questions about the SEMDEMs web site. Right now, I'm concerned about getting my message out to the voters. I am honored that so many Democrats, Republican and NPA voters have already given me their support.

I am sure some of these questions come from command staff personnel who are afraid they will not live up to my values in leadership when I become sheriff.

For the SCSO personnel, please go to https://spikeforseminolesheriff.com/...scso-employees Here I explain my plans for you.

Thank you for doing this thank less job.

Stay safe,

Spike

Unregistered

The non-answer was completely expected

A Charlie Crist that wont espouse what he truly believes and a party change for convenience. What his values are that he would align himself with the Democrats is still a mystery. No surprise. A surface answer and back on message as predicted. It is to laugh. But it certainly isn't funny. BTW I've heard Sheriff Lemma answer that question before, and he knows what he believes in. And lastly, I'm just a nobody. A voter.

Unregistered
    A Charlie Crist that wont espouse what he truly believes and a party change for convenience. What his values are that he would align himself with the Democrats is still a mystery. No surprise. A surface answer and back on message as predicted. It is to laugh. But it certainly isn't funny. BTW I've heard Sheriff Lemma answer that question before, and he knows what he believes in. And lastly, I'm just a nobody. A voter.
    Keep drinking you Lemma koolaide. He has run SCSO into the ground, the turn over to other agencies like never before. Yes unfortunately for Spike the Republicans in Seminole are not going to endorse two candidates. Spike has been a real cop with an actual career. Lemma was never a real cop going all the way back his early days of getting CPS investigators to write his reports and then he quickly became Don's Lap Dog.

Unregistered

No Dems

Keep em south of our border.

Spike Hopkins
    Have you ever thought about picking the most qualified person for the job? Have you ever questioned how a person on your agency got promoted when you know they were not qualified? Whats the difference? I bet you have coworkers, friends and family members who are Democrats but you don't know it. How about judging a person for who they are, not a label.

I would only hope you do you research on all the candidates. If you don't like what I have to offer, I can appreciate that. But at least you did your research.

I’m voting blue
    Of course we pick the best! Why else do we have a SGT vacancy and we haven’t promoted to fill it? Nobody cares about our family. Employees are not the greatest resource. Do you know what is important though? Opioids and how many presentations we can give about our epidemic. Very interesting that no one addresses all of our vacancies and turnover. What do some of the authors in the leadership library say? Who cares we are militaristic and have high turnover! Never mind the lack of leadership and accountability.

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast