New candidate for Sheriff - Page 3
Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    My concern is no real management experience and no budgeting experience. I’m sure he is probably a “cops cop” and a great guy but that’s a far cry from having real top level management ability and understanding the complex budgeting process.

Just my $.02

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    My concern is no real management experience and no budgeting experience. I’m sure he is probably a “cops cop” and a great guy but that’s a far cry from having real top level management ability and understanding the complex budgeting process.

Just my $.02
    Leema didn't either, he was quickly shuffled through the Ranks and spent most of his time as Don's lap dog..

Unregistered
    Long time Seminole road cop here.

Dennis Lemma 2020 all the way. He supports us and has our backs. The Sheriff has proven to have our best interests at heart and the changes and improvements he has recently made clearly shows that. He has my support and my vote 100%, and my family members will be voting for him too.

Look at what is happening to many of the deputies in Orange County...no thanks. I am friends with a few cops that left here to go down there and I have remained in touch with them, and believe me, it’s ugly. When they tell me “I wish I never left” pretty much every time we talk...that says something. People are getting in trouble down there for simply defending themselves and doing their jobs because it’s an election year for him. I’m not saying Spike is anything like him, but you never know when you bring in a new guy from that same agency.

I feel very fortunate our Sheriff is Dennis Lemma in these trying times we are facing. I am not afraid to do my job on the street and I am not afraid to voice concerns to him, as he is approachable and receptive to change and new ideas. I have gone to him with ideas several times over the many years I’ve worked here and it’s always been positive. I don’t believe the Sheriff is concerned with appeasing the masses for political gain. He is fair and impartial and gives us the benefit of the doubt as he understands the split second decisions we have to make out there sometimes. I cant say that is the case everywhere as we clearly are seeing this play out almost daily on the news.

I also agree with the earlier post. I will never align with anyone from the despicable Democratic Party which has recently shown it’s true colors and proven to be as anti-cop as any group on the planet. That being said, Spike doesn’t seem like a bad guy and he has the experience to lead, but I’ll stick with my guy who has proven himself and has the respect and an effective, open relationship with our community that has been built over the last few decades.
    So whats your RANK here? Because we both know you aren't a road deputy for 20 years. This agency has gone to shit under Leema. This is not the same SCSO it was 20 years so and you can't deny that.

Unregistered
    ********Lemma******** Sorry didnt catch the auto-word change.. But the rest of message holds true. But Seminole desperately needs is a new Sheriff from the outside that nobody at the has or did dirt with. This way we can get ride of all teh back door favor handing deals.. First step the entire 2nd floor gets replaced. That would be a good start. SCSO NEVER had the turn over it has today nor did people leave in the numbers they are today to go to other agencies.

Spike Hopkins
    To the women and men of the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office; My name is Spike Hopkins and I would like to introduce myself and let you know why I’m running for sheriff of Seminole County.
    I know several of you are concerned I am running as a democrat. I am a cop, not a politician. I will fight any defunding of the SCSO. I also fully support your second amendment rights. I believe the sheriff should be a non-partisan position. Talk to any SCSO or OCSO deputies you know, and ask what kind of a leader I am.

During my career at the OCSO I tested and became a Deputy First Class, Corporal, Sergeant, Lieutenant and commander. I always remembered I was a deputy sheriff first, and my rank second.
    I started the agency's bicycle patrol program, in-car computer system and TASER program.
    I’ve worked in patrol, narcotics, COPs, Problem Orientated Policing, TAC, SWAT, CID to name a few positions. I enjoyed being the night watch commander since this is the highest rank you can obtain within the agency and still do police work. Even as the watch commander,I answered calls for service, conducted traffic stops and made arrests. I loved being a cop my entire career. I want you to come to work looking forward to being part of the BIG GREEN MACHINE.

As your sheriff, I have several goals within the agency.
    Competitive pay and benefits with surrounding agencies (Orlando Police/Orange County SO) We can't afford to lose more trained Seminole deputies.
    Provide the best equipment for your safety. (ballistic helmets, rifle resistant plates for active shooters etc.)
    I am all for the deputies, corrections and civilians to unionize. (binding arbitration)
    I would like to create the rank of corporal.
    I will ask other agencies to allow SCSO deputies to work off duty in their jurisdictions.
    I would like a committee to research and recommend a more functional uniform for our deputies. (to include detention deputies)
    I want to readdress the grooming standards for deputies/detention..
    I am big on physical and mental fitness. I want to implement a VOLUNTARY physical fitness program with compensatory time as a reward for all employees.I want all our employees to have access to a top of the line physical fitness facility.
    I want to up the training for our personnel. The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed on the streets.
    I believe our civilian and volunteer employees are the unsung heroes of our agency and will be treated as such.
    The communications center personnel have a high stress job and do not need additional stress from within.. I also believe comm. center personnel should fall under the special/high risk category for state retirement.
    I believe in “blind promotions.” This is where the top candidates will be promoted based on testing performance, not by being part of the “good ole boy club.” Testing for each rank will contain a knowledge portion, a practical examination and peer evaluations. I don’t want supervisors, I want leaders. No more lead by intimidation.
    I will implement a way all employees can make recommendations on how we can work smarter, not harder.
    Stats are important but when stat collecting is taking up patrol time, we’re not giving the residents what they deserve.
    Patrol is the backbone of the agency. I believe we need more deputies on the streets.
    I have no plans of bringing in outside personnel to be a part of my command staff. There are enough qualified employees in the SCSO who can fill these positions.
    I will wear the same uniform our deputies wear and will wear this to work everyday.
    I will expect the employees to act professionally and I will back you up when you do. I will not allow the deputies to be punching bags.
    I will be out on patrol a few times a month.
    My command staff will be expected to go out on patrol at least once a month. (How can we make decisions on how you do your job if we sit behind a desk in an office all day)
    These are just a few of my promises to you. I know some employees are concerned about public involvement in a sheriff's campaign. You have friends and family who can help. If you want to see this happen, I need your help in getting the word out and donations. Without either, this is just a dream, let’s make it a reality!
    If you do want to help, I will ask you to do this in a professional way. I have nothing personal against DennisLema. I will not have a campaign of trashing him or looking for “dirt” on him. My campaign about my experience and leadership skills to make Seminole County and the SCSO a better place. I don't like back stabbers, butt kissers or micro managers.

If you like what I will offer, please go to www.SpikeForSeminoleSheriff.com and read more. Donations can be made on this web site with PayPal. The campaign address is on the web site in case someone wats to send a check. I cannot do this alone. In order to make this positive change for the SCSO, I need donations so I can get my message out. If you can’t donate, get your friends, family and neighbors to do so. The same goes for yard signs and bumper stickers. If you have any questions, please e-mail me. SpikeForSheriff@gmail.com

I’m know some people will troll the message board and don’t agree with me. That’s ok. Ask yourself this, are you happy with what you have now? You have a unique opportunity to make this change. It’s funny, someone on this message board told me the LEO affairs is airing negativity. I hope to change this! Be safe! I am not here to divide you, I want to bring you together.

Spike Hopkins

Unregistered

Spike 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Hopkins View Post
    To the women and men of the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office; My name is Spike Hopkins and I would like to introduce myself and let you know why I’m running for sheriff of Seminole County.
    I know several of you are concerned I am running as a democrat. I am a cop, not a politician. I will fight any defunding of the SCSO. I also fully support your second amendment rights. I believe the sheriff should be a non-partisan position. Talk to any SCSO or OCSO deputies you know, and ask what kind of a leader I am.

During my career at the OCSO I tested and became a Deputy First Class, Corporal, Sergeant, Lieutenant and commander. I always remembered I was a deputy sheriff first, and my rank second.
    I started the agency's bicycle patrol program, in-car computer system and TASER program.
    I’ve worked in patrol, narcotics, COPs, Problem Orientated Policing, TAC, SWAT, CID to name a few positions. I enjoyed being the night watch commander since this is the highest rank you can obtain within the agency and still do police work. Even as the watch commander,I answered calls for service, conducted traffic stops and made arrests. I loved being a cop my entire career. I want you to come to work looking forward to being part of the BIG GREEN MACHINE.

Competitive pay and benefits with surrounding agencies (Orlando Police/Orange County SO) We can't afford to lose more trained Seminole deputies.
    Provide the best equipment for your safety. (ballistic helmets, rifle resistant plates for active shooters etc.)
    I am all for the deputies, corrections and civilians to unionize. (binding arbitration)
    I will ask other agencies to allow SCSO deputies to work off duty in their jurisdictions.
    I would like a committee to research and recommend a more functional uniform for our deputies. (to include detention deputies)
    I am big on physical and mental fitness. I want to implement a VOLUNTARY physical fitness program with compensatory time as a reward for all employees.I want all our employees to have access to a top of the line physical fitness facility.
    I want to up the training for our personnel. The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed on the streets.
    I believe our civilian and volunteer employees are the unsung heroes of our agency and will be treated as such.
    The communications center personnel have a high stress job and do not need additional stress from within.. I also believe comm. center personnel should fall under the special/high risk category for state retirement.
    I believe in “blind promotions.” This is where the top candidates will be promoted based on testing performance, not by being part of the “good ole boy club.” Testing for each rank will contain a knowledge portion, a practical examination and peer evaluations. I don’t want supervisors, I want leaders. No more lead by intimidation.
    I will implement a way all employees can make recommendations on how we can work smarter, not harder.
    Stats are important but when stat collecting is taking up patrol time, we’re not giving the residents what they deserve.
    Patrol is the backbone of the agency. I believe we need more deputies on the streets.
    I have no plans of bringing in outside personnel to be a part of my command staff. There are enough qualified employees in the SCSO who can fill these positions.
    I will wear the same uniform our deputies wear and will wear this to work everyday.
    I will expect the employees to act professionally and I will back you up when you do. I will not allow the deputies to be punching bags.
    My command staff will be expected to go out on patrol at least once a month. (How can we make decisions on how you do your job if we sit behind a desk in an office all day)
    These are just a few of my promises to you. I know some employees are concerned about public involvement in a sheriff's campaign. You have friends and family who can help. If you want to see this happen, I need your help in getting the word out and donations. Without either, this is just a dream, let’s make it a reality!
    If you do want to help, I will ask you to do this in a professional way. I have nothing personal against DennisLema. I will not have a campaign of trashing him or looking for “dirt” on him. My campaign about my experience and leadership skills to make Seminole County and the SCSO a better place. I don't like back stabbers, butt kissers or micro managers.

If you like what I will offer, please go to www.SpikeForSeminoleSheriff.com and read more. Donations can be made on this web site with PayPal. The campaign address is on the web site in case someone wats to send a check. I cannot do this alone. In order to make this positive change for the SCSO, I need donations so I can get my message out. If you can’t donate, get your friends, family and neighbors to do so. The same goes for yard signs and bumper stickers. If you have any questions, please e-mail me. SpikeForSheriff@gmail.com

I’m know some people will troll the message board and don’t agree with me. That’s ok. Ask yourself this, are you happy with what you have now? You have a unique opportunity to make this change. It’s funny, someone on this message board told me the LEO affairs is airing negativity. I hope to change this! Be safe! I am not here to divide you, I want to bring you together.

Spike Hopkins
    I wish I could have afforded to live and work in Seminole. Then I could help elect a really leader as my boss/Sheriff.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Hopkins View Post

Spike Hopkins

SCSO employee here, you will have my vote.

Unregistered
    I’m in, we need some change. Too many that are too cozy in their cush positions and forgot what it’s like to take any real enforcement action. But then again we are civilian heavy making sworn decisions. Someone asked about budget experience? Who cares?! He can hire someone to help with that. You don’t learn more than a few million dollar budget at the lieutenant level usually. How many pio’s, social media posters and lobbyists do we have now?

Unregistered
    That’s funny. We’ve had more change based on posts to this forum. If that’s how we promote change, we definitely need change. With posts here and now a challenger to the election, be ware he’ll try to to take credit for all his “recent”changes.

Unregistered
    blah blah blah... Here comes the promises of more money, more benefits, and everything else to sell us on this guy. This was his MO when he lost in OC. We're good with the Sheriff we've got now. Thanks but no thanks
    Thanks but no thanks? blah blah blah, really? Good with what we have, lets take a look at what we have. We have a politician and a guy that thinks he is a thespian. This guy does not have an athentic bone in his body. As far as promises made and promises kept, remember this one, "I am not going to touch the current PTO system." One broken promise after another. It is one thing to scrutinize someone running for office but to fault them for broken promises and when the one you have currently does that on a regular basis seems a bit hypicritocal.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast