New candidate for Sheriff - Page 29
Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Spike must be reading all this bs and having second thoughts.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Spike must be reading all this bs and having second thoughts.
    Doubt it.....leaders go toe to toe with problems and address them. Not blame others or ignore them.

Unregistered

Enough is Enough

I am a third-generation law enforcement officer and what I have observed being posted on this blog is disgraceful to the profession. My family has faithfully served this community for over 80 years in a law enforcement capacity and I have great pride in being a part of that. I have worked for an agency outside of our organization so I have seen both sides of the coin or the other side of the fence. Our Sheriff Dennis Lemma has stepped up to the plate and agreed to take on a position which bears a greater responsibility than any of us will ever know. With any new position it takes to time to absorb all of the responsibilities you’re tasked with, along with building a solid team. It takes great testicular fortitude to do so and he deserves the opportunity to fulfill that. Yeah, I said it. Our organization has made great strides under Sheriff Lemma’s leadership and will continue to do so in the future. I’ll actually put my name to this too.

Regards,
    Andrew L. Conklin

Unregistered

Wow

I am a third-generation law enforcement officer and what I have observed being posted on this blog is disgraceful to the profession. My family has faithfully served this community for over 80 years in a law enforcement capacity and I have great pride in being a part of that. I have worked for an agency outside of our organization so I have seen both sides of the coin or the other side of the fence. Our Sheriff Dennis Lemma has stepped up to the plate and agreed to take on a position which bears a greater responsibility than any of us will ever know. With any new position it takes to time to absorb all of the responsibilities you’re tasked with, along with building a solid team. It takes great testicular fortitude to do so and he deserves the opportunity to fulfill that. Yeah, I said it. Our organization has made great strides under Sheriff Lemma’s leadership and will continue to do so in the future. I’ll actually put my name to this too.

Regards,
    Andrew L. Conklin
    Never thought I would see the day when you would be sucking the proverbial tit! I guess rank changes a man. What happened to the old Conk that had testicular fortitude!

Unregistered
    Never thought I would see the day when you would be sucking the proverbial tit! I guess rank changes a man. What happened to the old Conk that had testicular fortitude!
    Looking for those butter bars. This is clearly a win-win for him. DL wins, Look at me, I defended you. Spike wins, Look at me, I signed my name.

Unregistered

Really Andy

OMG I have been staying out of this because it can become addicting and then make you want to post the truth, etc. However, I can not believe Conk sold out like this. What’s up Conk, you of all people, third gen or not, have been one of the biggest critics of DL and not in a nice way.

Yes everyone promotion changes you, until you are ready to promote to the next level and when you are overlooked then Conk will be MFing the agency and DL, if still in office, again.

Unregistered
    OMG I have been staying out of this because it can become addicting and then make you want to post the truth, etc. However, I can not believe Conk sold out like this. What’s up Conk, you of all people, third gen or not, have been one of the biggest critics of DL and not in a nice way.

Yes everyone promotion changes you, until you are ready to promote to the next level and when you are overlooked then Conk will be MFing the agency and DL, if still in office, again.
    Good for you, Andy. This is the most sense this blog has made in years.

Unregistered
    Galatians 5:24 - 6:11

And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also be guided by the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, competing against one another, envying one another.

Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself. Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ.

If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important. Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else. For we are each responsible for our own conduct. Those who are taught the word of God should provide for their teachers, sharing all good things with them.

Don’t be misled—you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant. Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit. So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone—especially to those in the family of faith.

Unregistered

The TRUTH about SCSO

SCSO has been going down hill and DL did no one any favors since he took over. He was a very big disappointment and even worse, continues to run SCSO into the ground. The number of people leaving the agency if proof enough. You don’t need to hear bout crime stats, the few that are happy, fake news, etc. The proof is how many have left the agency and those who have to remain because of their time and not wanting to start over.

All the surrounding agencies and their leadership know it. The sad truth is DL is well connected and DE made sure of that. I am sure he has dirt on several people, just like his #2 has dirt on him. The only ones saying great things about DL are those in the Command Staff, CPT’s and above. They continue to be positive about him because let’s be honest, they do not have a choice if they want to keep their jobs. That’s human nature and what happened to Conk, who is now a new supporter of DL.

It does not matter everyone, I will be very surprised if Spike is elected. He’s behind the curve ball and Seminole County does not know a lot about him. He needs the support to get his name out there. This will not happen because of COVID, therefore, DL will remain in office. SAD Truth.

Then it will remain status quo. Nothing will change under DL because we have seen the last four years and the next four will be the same. No he will not demote SL or CL, they are staying till retirement. I actually think CL is fine in DIS and that’s about it. SL should be a SGT, at best, on the road. However, this will not change people. The power couple are tied in tight with DL.

MC, yeah he put some people in jail over the years. Nice buy, I will give him that but leader????? Just because he pinned stars on his collar and has been in this position does not make him a leader. He has never been challenged during his career. None of the Command Staff has and if there was a major incident in the county, the Command Staff would fail, literally fail. Thank God there has not been any true protests in the county or any active shooter because their only saving grace would be those who understand Incident Command, High Risk Tactics, etc. None of the Command staff have any experience in this area and would truly fall if a major incident happened in the county. Keep your fingers crossed that the piece remains for that sake of the community members and you who still work at the agency and put your life on the line daily. No SCSO will not have your back. They will through you under the bus faster than you think. Look at how DP is trying to deal with the little amount of protesting occurring around the county. Utter failure on his part.

DP, he is an IT guy, that’s it. He has never been challenged in his career other than the former Sheriff asking him some odd IT question in the forum that only he would know. Other than that, maybe a paper cut here and there but never challenged in his career. I would like to see him in the field during a major incident or protest. He would fail miserably under stress and have no clue how to react. Then blame it on his subordinates as he is doing now. DP is a man who hides behind his rank because that’s all he has in life. All of the Command Staff is this way to include DL. They will all sacrifice you as soon as they could and do not mistake what comes out of their mouths. It is not worth doing any proactive work, etc. because DP will be the first to hang you out dry and then give the keys to DL to run you over.

DE was this way also and not a true leader but more of a tyrant. If anyone not associated with the agency challenged any of these people of rank outside in the real world, they would bow down to them because they know they are not one of their subordinates and can not intimidate or rule over them because they have no control.

LT is a joke and has something on DL. We all know it and this is not going to change. Again, he was never challenged in his career and not a leader because he has stars on his collar. He would sink at any other agency and be a no one.

The majority at the agency are unhappy, to include the jail personnel. Very sad because the agency had potential. If Spike was to somehow win, he would need to clean house but sounds like he may not and give a chance to see if they conform to his leadership. Of course, they would and have no choice to save their jobs; however, SCSO would still be stuck with the same leadership and very little would change. It takes time unless you come in with people you trust and have the experience. SCSO is not a premier agency. It is a small place in Florida and even smaller agency in the law enforcement community.

If you really want a change in your career, pay and benefits, go to a bigger agency. If not, accept what SCSO has become and that it will not change. No Sheriff, to include, Spike is going to rock the boat when it comes to your pay. SCSO will never be competitive when it comes to pay. Just that hard facts and sad truth.

There are those who are posting crap about that has nothing to do with your leadership or the future of the agency. Who cares about Ed, he retired and is forgotten about just like anyone else who leaves the agency. Focus on getting the word out about Spike if you want change, otherwise, be prepared for the next stupid meeting DL puts on after he wins.

Spike could improve and maybe, just maybe, bring in Chief Smith from SPD as his #2, that guy doesn’t care who you are and he will make some changes.. That combo might actually work for the agency.

Hope for the best for all of you, at least those who support change, and wish you the best.

Andy, please stop posting crap, we all know who you are and what you have said in the past. Be happy you finally got promoted and well deserved but really, be the silent person in this fight.

Charlie, dear god, please stop posting for people to come see you because no one will and no one cares about your thoughts and trying to show your support for DL. Besides you have ruined your reputation and no one trusts you any more. You can be a nice guy but stop with the postings.

Good luck everyone and get out there and do something if you want change. This blog not going to help get votes.

Spike Hopkins
    Please drain our swamp. I’m a Sgt hoping to work for spike. I want to be a cop again.
    Sgt,

I look forward to working with you, not for me. We all will be an important part of the BIG GREEN MACHINE!

Stay safe and watch each other's back.

Spile

Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast