New candidate for Sheriff - Page 17
Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m not giving up. If they want to change things they could with a stroke of a pen. They could look at all the forum posts, prior proposals, prior skip meetings (the best by far was being yelled at by a chief) or any other form that we were basically told we are complaining. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. They know what needs to be changed but refuse to. We get lip service because he is planning his next option which has nothing to do with us. I bet next weeks meeting will be the same format. Talks of how he inherited these problems, it takes lots of time to fix these kinds of problems and if we just have faith and support him things will be better. You tell me that after all of our shot down proposals are magically approved after a rookie (no offense bro) submits the same proposal? Yah I’m not buying it. Things are changing only because of the obvious reasons. They know exactly what needs to be changed and when I see that being changed then I’ll consider changing my vote. Until then I’m all in for the new guy. Im not about to have him re-elected to then take a Tallahassee job and pass this off to one of the upper 28 and run this further into the ground. No thanks I’ll pass on that whirlpool of insanity.
    He won't do what it takes. It would mean considering and executing some of the following: demoting SL back to Sergeant (shouldn't have ever been promoted) and keeping him in corrections, demoting CL and hold her accountable to her new position, demoting the incompetent patrol captain back to sergeant and get some more experience under his belt, make LT retire, demote MC back to LT, demote DP back to LT, demote SB to manager, fire the CFO, make KB retire; every captain, lieutenant and sergeant needs to be evaluated for retention at where they're at. He ain't going to consider any of it, and the other poster is right, he will most likely be reelected. Maybe leaving should be plan A not B.

Unregistered
    He won't do what it takes. It would mean considering and executing some of the following: demoting SL back to Sergeant (shouldn't have ever been promoted) and keeping him in corrections, demoting CL and hold her accountable to her new position, demoting the incompetent patrol captain back to sergeant and get some more experience under his belt, make LT retire, demote MC back to LT, demote DP back to LT, demote SB to manager, fire the CFO, make KB retire; every captain, lieutenant and sergeant needs to be evaluated for retention at where they're at. He ain't going to consider any of it, and the other poster is right, he will most likely be reelected. Maybe leaving should be plan A not B.
    This list is way too short. Some people need their cheese moved to change their entitlement and attitude. JS, has been protected for so long, with her attitude.

Don’t tell me about “they are really good” about their job. How about this, stop treating people special and tell them to stop treating other people like ****.

Unregistered

Logic?

Leaving aside the completely unrealistic idea of demoting SL (and SB) to Sgt due to civil service protections and your “forced retirements”, why in the world would you think the Sheriff would need to consider demoting his Chief of Staff? That is a position that requires the highest level of trust and confidence of the Sheriff with a fairly limited scope of command. Never mind the fact that MC has rarely placed a foot wrong in his career, let alone as CoS. That calls into question your other proposals.

Unregistered
    Leaving aside the completely unrealistic idea of demoting SL (and SB) to Sgt due to civil service protections and your “forced retirements”, why in the world would you think the Sheriff would need to consider demoting his Chief of Staff? That is a position that requires the highest level of trust and confidence of the Sheriff with a fairly limited scope of command. Never mind the fact that MC has rarely placed a foot wrong in his career, let alone as CoS. That calls into question your other proposals.
    Capt's have no Civil service protections. You can demote them back to their highest Civil Service position they previously held. MC is a joke of a cop he spent his career under peoples desks and kissing the ring. Its true he has rarely placed a foot doing anything LEO related.

Unregistered

Clearly you have no idea.

Capt's have no Civil service protections. You can demote them back to their highest Civil Service position they previously held. MC is a joke of a cop he spent his career under peoples desks and kissing the ring. Its true he has rarely placed a foot doing anything LEO related.

MC is the only cop up there. He has more arrests then SNP combined right now. Yes he moved up fast, but he was a worker. There definitely needs to be changes in that suite, but he is the last one to worry about.

Unregistered
    Instead of blasting all these people and projecting what you think the admin should do (or not do), let’s put all that energy to work and help make things better. We know that nothing is going to change without change itself. We’ve seen these kinds of posts and you have to ask yourself did anything change about those people? Were any of them retrained, reassigned or other? You know the answer. So channel all that frustration and get out there and campaign. Spike isn’t going to be elected by himself and he needs our help. It’s just like the 911 calls won’t answer themselves, the speeders won’t slow down on their own, inmates won’t fingerprint themselves and the criminals certainly won’t arrest themselves. We have to be proactive. We can and are change agents. This how we can challenge the process. Talk to your friends and anyone you see. Don’t just complain about how bad things are but rather show the facts and figures that are on his website. I’ve noticed that people seem to listen and really take note when they see that we support a change. Don’t worry about being “recognized”; with a hat, sunglasses and a face cover nobody can recognize you! If you don’t go do anything please don’t just sit there and post and fuel our frustrations. Go do that on social media. Help your brothers and sisters out.

Unregistered

Wrong

I disagree. MC was a real cop and a good one. Cafe doesn’t lie.

Unregistered
    Wow. Someone jumped on the bandwagon but didn't do the research. Please take a few moments and educate yourself about MC. Pretty sure when you do you will realize you will never stack up to him. Real cop? I am sure your 20 plus arrests a year put you in the top 10 percent for activity today, but when you crack 1000 arrests feel free to come back and tell us how MC never placed a foot doing anything LEO related. He is Admin now, but back in the day he was a Cop's Cop! Do we have problems here, yes we do. Do we have people in positions they shouldn't be, yes we do. What we don't need are baseless attacks on people who have walked the walk. I can only imaging there must be an axe to grind.

Unregistered

Yesss!!

Instead of blasting all these people and projecting what you think the admin should do (or not do), let’s put all that energy to work and help make things better. We know that nothing is going to change without change itself. We’ve seen these kinds of posts and you have to ask yourself did anything change about those people? Were any of them retrained, reassigned or other? You know the answer. So channel all that frustration and get out there and campaign. Spike isn’t going to be elected by himself and he needs our help. It’s just like the 911 calls won’t answer themselves, the speeders won’t slow down on their own, inmates won’t fingerprint themselves and the criminals certainly won’t arrest themselves. We have to be proactive. We can and are change agents. This how we can challenge the process. Talk to your friends and anyone you see. Don’t just complain about how bad things are but rather show the facts and figures that are on his website. I’ve noticed that people seem to listen and really take note when they see that we support a change. Don’t worry about being “recognized”; with a hat, sunglasses and a face cover nobody can recognize you! If you don’t go do anything please don’t just sit there and post and fuel our frustrations. Go do that on social media. Help your brothers and sisters out.
    I couldn't agree more with this post. If you want to see change make it happen. Have you donated to Spikes campaign, or had friends do it? Share his videos, website and facebook...spread the word tell the common folks about why the change is necessary. Spike can't do this without help, and if you do nothing to help make a change you really are setting us all up to deal with 4 more years of the incompetent leadership that has made us all miserable . It's funny how the higher ups are trying to make changes that Spike has openly spoken about wanting to bring to SCSO. What a slap in the face. It takes your position as sheriff and chiefs being threatened to start doing what's right? Too little too late! Spike isn't phoney, he has no hidden agenda, he isn't trying to use this place as a stepping stone to get to Tallahassee. His heart is in it for us. We are so lucky he decided to run to save this place. The least we can do is fight for him. #letsmakeithappen

Unregistered
    So how are you busting them down to Sgt since they were both LT’s?!? Just cause you want to doesn’t fly. As to MC it seems others have corrected you, though feel free to post your arrest stats compared to his! Your entire post just looks like sour grapes now.

Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast