+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Figures

Still no idea why he changed to Democrat. C'mon give us some insight. What's the big secret? You want trust? Transparency is necessary. There may be folks that will vote anybody but Lemma, but that has seldom if ever won a major election especially with the endorsements and public support this incumbent has. Can't tell us honestly why you think being a Democrat is a good thing? Where do you fall on gun control? Abortion? Higher taxes to pay for your plan? Additional sales tax? Higher property taxes? How are you going to pay for your expensive ideas? Where do you fall on immigration? How about more federal government control in the States? Are you for big government? Universal healthcare? Welfare programs? C'mon man. What was the catalyst for you flipping to the party of legalizing drugs, early release for prisoners, and mail in voting. If not any of these then what liberal garbage did you buy into to make you support them? Hiding the truthful detailed will not garner widespread trust, only suspicion.

Spike Hopkins
    Like they say on the TV game show, this is my final answer. Reading this last post, the majority of your questions are geared towards somebody who is a politician. A lot of these questions have absolutely nothing to do with how the sheriff runs his or her office. Just to remind everyone, I'm not a politician I am a career long cop

With that being said, did you not go to my website and read my plan? You ask where all this money is coming from for my projects and you talk about raising taxes. Look at the tens of millions of dollars the current administration is wasting and not only having to hire, train and equip new deputies, but this year alone they have had to spend over $3 million in overtime. At this rate $6 million will go towards overtime because there is such a shortage of deputies on the road. My research shows that $3 million a year goes towards command staff pay.

What about only 5 deputies working the North Region? What about other agencies having to respond to calls for service in Seminole County because of the shortage?

I have answered all your questions honestly and to the best of my ability. Being a sheriff should be non-partisan and I will not interject my political affiliations into my work. That's why I am not concerned about any other campaign going on right now other than my own.

As a matter of fact, I only plan on voting for one person this year in the election, myself. I want to be neutral the entire way around.

You sound really bothered that I have a plan to not only help the citizens of Seminole County, the employees of the sheriff's office, and actually put more deputies on the street while saving money.

Stay safe,

Spike

Spike Hopkins
    Like they say on the TV game show, this is my final answer. Reading this last post, the majority of your questions are geared towards somebody who is a politician. A lot of these questions have absolutely nothing to do with how the sheriff runs his or her office. Just to remind everyone, I'm not a politician I am a career long cop

With that being said, did you not go to my website and read my plan? You ask where all this money is coming from for my projects and you talk about raising taxes. Look at the tens of millions of dollars the current administration is wasting and not only having to hire, train and equip new deputies, but this year alone they have had to spend over $3 million in overtime. At this rate $6 million will go towards overtime because there is such a shortage of deputies on the road. My research shows that $3 million a year goes towards command staff pay.

What are your thoughts on the North region only having 5 deputies working? What about the fact of other agencies having to respond to calls for service in Seminole County because there's not a deputy closer?

I have answered all your questions honestly and to the best of my ability. Being a sheriff should be non-partisan and I will not interject my political affiliations into my work. That's why I am not concerned about any other campaign going on right now other than my own.

As a matter of fact, I only plan on voting for one person this year in the election, myself. I want to be neutral the entire way around.

You sound really bothered that I have a plan to not only help the citizens of Seminole County, the employees of the sheriff's office, and actually put more deputies on the street while saving money.

Stay safe,

Spike

Unregistered

And there you have it

Won't vote? Wow! I guess I'm done here.

Unregistered
    Here I’ll explain why Spike can’t run as a Republican. The current sheriff has spent the past 3.5 years in office honing is political skills and stacking up political favors. He’s already been chosen by the Republican powers that be to run as their candidate regardless of the current sad state of affairs within the agency. What do you think he’s been doing with that “80% of his time” (his words not mine) spent on matters relating to things outside of the agency? You guys go ahead and re-elect him so he can leave this dumpster fire behind and move on to bigger and better (political) things. That’s why he doesn’t wear his uniform for all you non-strategic thinking types. He doesn’t wanna be pigeonholed into being just a sheriff when the time comes for his next election and all the news has available is file footage of him in a class A. Probably why he doesn’t wear a tie either. Makes him look more like a practical manager than the head of a law enforcement agency. He’s probably a decent guy but it’s business and not personal with him. That’s politics, not public service.

Unregistered
    Keep thinking you can rotate scared 21 year old brand new deputies in and out of the agency every few years. It’s all fun and games until one of them is forced into a sh*t sandwich and takes a big bite for all the world to see. This is a completely different world from the good old days of SCSO when we could just shrug off all the crazy stuff because it never happens here. Conducting business as usual and keeping our fingers crossed ain’t gonna cut it anymore. Rehab centers might make people feel all warm and fuzzy now, but give those same folks a reason and they’ll be out there in a heartbeat throwing rocks and bottles at the comfort K-9s deployed to “help with the healing” at the next protest. Nothing is more important than personnel in law enforcement. All our goodwill and good press is gone in the blink of an eye if just 1 deputy screws the pooch. Staffing seems like no big deal when you’re in a specialized unit or wearing a gold star. But if the thought of an entire shift working overnights with a half dozen years of patrol experience combined and the potential results of an ill advised decision by just 1 deputy brought upon by that lack of experience doesn’t give you a sick feeling in your stomach, then it’s time to clean out your office and cash out your PTO.

Unregistered
    Here I’ll explain why Spike can’t run as a Republican. The current sheriff has spent the past 3.5 years in office honing is political skills and stacking up political favors. He’s already been chosen by the Republican powers that be to run as their candidate regardless of the current sad state of affairs within the agency. What do you think he’s been doing with that “80% of his time” (his words not mine) spent on matters relating to things outside of the agency? You guys go ahead and re-elect him so he can leave this dumpster fire behind and move on to bigger and better (political) things. That’s why he doesn’t wear his uniform for all you non-strategic thinking types. He doesn’t wanna be pigeonholed into being just a sheriff when the time comes for his next election and all the news has available is file footage of him in a class A. Probably why he doesn’t wear a tie either. Makes him look more like a practical manager than the head of a law enforcement agency. He’s probably a decent guy but it’s business and not personal with him. That’s politics, not public service.

Unregistered

Come on figures

Since when do Sheriff’s deal with abortion, welfare, universal healthcare to name a few political agendas? Seriously read a book, and not the social media books. The leadership library has some great reads I’ve heard. Yet we don’t adhere to them! We aren’t proactive, but by golly I’m gonna enforce a mask ordinance and then cite people for being pro abortion? Who the heck cares about that!

Maybe you can answer the questions that were posed by Spike? Where do you stand and how can you explain our turnover and lack of leadership? Please tell us your qualifications and background and your stance on the issues posed. I’m believing that there is indeed a method to his strategy. He’s very transparent based on the extensive amount of information on his website. There are plenty of non employees that are finding his information informative too.

Ed McDonough

Retired Seminole County Deputy Sheriff

For all of you people who are posting negative opinions on Spike Hopkins, I have one question. Why aren't you signing your name to your posts? If you are going to criticize the man then at least have the guts to identify yourselves. When I wrote negatively about Dennis Lemma months ago, I signed my name. Why don' t you do the same?

Unregistered

Democrat Cities are on Fire

All over the country right now cities are on fire due to failed liberal policies. LEO's are in more danger there; and many have been murdered. Putting any Democrat in office is a dangerous gamble. That's why it matters why and what a candidate thinks about the usual democrat platforms. Hard to trust after seeing what they've done and continue to do to our nation. Harder to trust someone who hides their true feelings on issues that gives us some insight on how he views our country; how he processes information, and justifies any support to some screwed up thinking that has led to the disasters our country is experiencing right now. That's why the questions on National issues; Insight into thought processes and values. A Sheriff in Florida has a lot of power and influence. We must be cautious on who we give that to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast