New candidate for Sheriff - Page 14
Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    The best thing that could happen to this agency is a new Sheriff comes in and they clean house of the entire building 100 crew. Then move onto these "special units" that have people sitting in their chairs getting lazier and fatter by the day. A large majority of all these "deputies" were slugs on patrol and then have hide out for years in these units. Shake the place up!! Run the turds out..

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The best thing that could happen to this agency is a new Sheriff comes in and they clean house of the entire building 100 crew. Then move onto these "special units" that have people sitting in their chairs getting lazier and fatter by the day. A large majority of all these "deputies" were slugs on patrol and then have hide out for years in these units. Shake the place up!! Run the turds out..
    Same could be said for the road. I hear crickets on the radio every night. What happened to being proactive. One could say that falls on supervisors not pushing the road and having low expectations but with that the road complains they are getting micro managed when encouraged to work. Seems like you can’t win either way.

Maybe it’s the culture we are creating for ourselves. No one wants to be the poor guy or gal on the news because people are Monday morning a UOF. My personal opinion, take it for what it is, I don’t feel the love from the command staff. I feel they will screw me to save face. That lack of leadership and support makes me not wanna risk everything.

Unregistered
    Yup. Yours too tough guy.
    Clearly this is JA standing up for her man.

Unregistered
    Same could be said for the road. I hear crickets on the radio every night. What happened to being proactive. One could say that falls on supervisors not pushing the road and having low expectations but with that the road complains they are getting micro managed when encouraged to work. Seems like you can’t win either way.
    Why would we want to be proactive when -

1. We are constantly short staffed, to a dangerous level, which can often lead us to humping calls. Being "proactive" and making an arrest might mean I'm 1006 at the jail and now my zone partner is left alone without backup nearby if something happens.

2. Covid 19 since March, and the promise of having a deputy in every csa was a lie. SRDS get assigned a csa and dissapear all night or they go home early.

3. This is a setup to get ourselves in a bad situation then be destroyed in the news for doing on jobs.

Why be proactive under these working conditions? It's a good thing you hear crickets on the radio.

Unregistered

Aaaaah

[QUOTE=Unregistered;3174872]Clearly this is JA standing up for her man.[/QUOTE

Wrong answer.

Unregistered
    For Spike:
    If you are cleaning the house, you have my vote. If you don’t... you won’t have it.

This agency is crooked, corrupt, and full of favoritism.

Unregistered

Maybe it’s the culture we are creating for ourselves. No one wants to be the poor guy or gal on the news because people are Monday morning a UOF. My personal opinion, take it for what it is, I don’t feel the love from the command staff. I feel they will screw me to save face. That lack of leadership and support makes me not wanna risk everything.
    Well since this agency nor do supervisors support deputies I can't blame them. Given the current climate in the US I think doing nothing is the right move. And Proactive with out staffing numbers you are funny lol.....

Spike Hopkins
    Hey all, I feel your pain. I've been there and this will not happen under my command. When I become sheriff I plan on doing an anonymous web survey on the command staff and supervisors at all levels. I want leaders, not supervisors/managers. I will not tolerate supervisors who micromanage or want to stop proactively. I will have your backs. I will be out on patrol with you. The practice of not being a team player when you get promoted will stop.
    Supervisors have admin duties I understand but being MIA or only available by phone will not be acceptable.

This goes at all levels and for detention deputies and civilians. I will listen but more importantly, I will change things for the better.

As I said before, I'm sure some command staff members will leave on their own after the election.

Recruitment and hiring will be a top priority. Placing more deputies in patrol is on the top of the list. I will evaluate each specialty unit and determine the best course of action for the agency.

Go to https://spikeforseminolesheriff.com/...scso-employees for more.

Detention deputies and civilians can reach out to me so we can solve your issues.

Thank you for doing this thankless job.

Stay safe,

Spike

Unregistered

Specifics

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Hopkins View Post
    Hey all, I feel your pain. I've been there and this will not happen under my command. When I become sheriff I plan on doing an anonymous web survey on the command staff and supervisors at all levels. I want leaders, not supervisors/managers. I will not tolerate supervisors who micromanage or want to stop proactively. I will have your backs. I will be out on patrol with you. The practice of not being a team player when you get promoted will stop.
    Supervisors have admin duties I understand but being MIA or only available by phone will not be acceptable.

This goes at all levels and for detention deputies and civilians. I will listen but more importantly, I will change things for the better.

As I said before, I'm sure some command staff members will leave on their own after the election.

Recruitment and hiring will be a top priority. Placing more deputies in patrol is on the top of the list. I will evaluate each specialty unit and determine the best course of action for the agency.

Go to https://spikeforseminolesheriff.com/...scso-employees for more.

Detention deputies and civilians can reach out to me so we can solve your issues.

Thank you for doing this thankless job.

Stay safe,

Spike
    From your discussions, have you identified any problem employees, who and why? What specific changes would you make?

Unregistered
    I’m glad I reached out to you Spike. You answered all my questions. I can’t wait to see what happens next year!!

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast