Selective Outrage - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    He was shot in the back while running away. Don't think that's an approved pursuit tactic. Bad form there, guy. U union that shit.
    Truly your an idiot. No way someone can shoot you and you shoot back and it hits them in the back? Imagine this-body movements take less than seconds. As the Dufus who just stole your taser runs and fired at you while running away which is a mostly forward facing activity he fires at you with one arm and you fire back. While your mind is perceiving the threat, sees the object pointed at you, decided to fire and does so the dufus is already turning more toward his running direction as your shots are headed toward him. So based on what you said if someone fired st you while also running away we will be attending your funeral. But your not very smart DW

Unregistered
    Your taking up for the guy that had a positive drug screen, campaigned on duty, berated a new officer and drive off to get out of a ticket, treated a particular trainee special, had some indiscretion with the explorer program, was involved in bad pursuit, and on and on. You respect that guy? He is a double standard and why is he allowed to hang out with convicted criminals and throw out black power signs? He shouldn’t even have a j o b
    I agree that retaining someone after all of that nonsense is ridiculous! How is he still here? How is he not gone just for the latest conflict of interest? His actions are blatantly racist against white people and law enforcement in this instance. It draws a bad light upon our agency. Sheriff said there is no reason for such racism, and didnt say it had to be only against black people. His remaining contradicts the sheriffs statement.

Unregistered
    DWs actions fit into the category of a pattern of misconduct. At most other agencies, such a pattern of misconduct would be more than substantial grounds for termination! Now consider that DW is in a position of leadership and more is supposed to be expected of him. Is he untouchable simply because hes black? I'll just ask! Is that it? Is it that DM is scared to be branded a racist by letting him go? DW has bo problem laying that race card down. Or is DM ok with these actions? His policy says he isn't and the prescident he has set says hes not, but actions speak rather loudly and contradict his grand standing! What a bunch of jerks!

Unregistered
    Though I dont agree with the tone above, I do kind of agree. It's not necessarily a hate cops thing. It's not a reform or dismantle cops thing. It looks to be a black hating white thing. Still think this case is comparing apples to oranges? Let's compare apples to apples. Last year TG was involved in shooting an unarmed black male. No protests. No chants. No marches. No outrage. Why? TG is a black male. Good guy and good cop! Based on what I heard and what I saw of the case, I agree wholeheartedly with his actions that day. He was cleared. Good shoot. If a white deputy had done the same? Well, look where we are now. Look at the PPD case with Crawford and the white officer. Protest, outrage, and the whole lot of it. White people are not the only people capable of bias! Black people can be racist against white people as well. I dont really know any black people who do this, but I can see it on tv nationwide. It is a matter of hate, but not just one way! There you are. Apples to apples.
    If the only thing that you "kind of" disagree with is the tone of this repugnant comment, then that is a problem far more insidious than the openly racists rant that provoked your response. It is not the tone or tenor of the message that is problematic. Yes, it denotes a certain level of base-level ignorance. Still, I can appraciate knowing exactly where this person stands. It is those of us who "kind of" "sort of" agree that are the bigger problem in these discussions. I do not believe that a person, a community of people even, bringing attention to the deaths of too many persons of color at the hands of overly aggressive, poorly trained, biased, unethical and unprofessional law enforcement officers means that those portesting are racist. It is very possible for black people to respect those who truly aim to protect and serve ALL while pointing out that there are those in the law enforcement community who do not uphold the values that many of you hold dear and work earnestly to demonstrate while in uniform and out. Movements like BLM are not about being anti- other people. They are about emphasizing that those in a particular community feel marginalized and, too often, brutalized by people who are tasked with protecting and serving them. It is unfair to confuse or conflate movements that are born of a need for social and judicial change with those that aim to assert dominance over others. Lastly, most, be they black, white or identify as polka-dotted, who participate in movements like BLM are peaceful despite their sadness, anger and fear. Just like the bad apples in the law enforcement community, there will always be those who behave poorly in the every group. Their behavior is a red-herring.

Unregistered
    I hear you and I respect your opinion. I appreciate the professional way that you tended along your opinion. I disagree a bit. Though I understand the idea of your position I feel as if you have made my argument for me. Saying that a person is bad or good based on the color of their skin is wrong! I agree with that. But for a movement to say that all Leo's are bad because they are wearing a badge and are in 'cahoots' with the bad apple Leo's is also biased. Same kind of bias. Racism is not a one way street. Hate is not isolated to one direction! There are black people who hate white people and cops simply because they are white or cops. It happens. Its not right and I dont agree with it either. In either case, we as a collective community cannot simply throw the baby out with the bath water. I as a white person and as a leo have never 'marginalized' anyone. I have never treated anyone differently based on the color of their skin. Why am I being talked at as if I am the bad guy simply because of the color of my skin? I have worked my butt off for the community I serve. There is violence in our area, but the violence I see daily is predominantly what has been referred to as "black on black" crime. The criminals of the community have marginalized the community more than me! Why is there no shouting at them? Why are the bad guys and shooters and dopers not the problem? Why is the cops who are going in to solve the crime and put the perpetrators in jail that are the problem? I refuse to feel sorry for someone based on the color of their skin! I have committed ZERO atrocity or crime against the "black community." Why am I the issue because of my skin color or my badge? That is acting and speaking on a bias. I sincerely do appreciate the respectful discord and back and forth vs. the typical rambling banter seen on this site from time to time. I do really respect your opinion. I do not believe that I will be able to change how you feel, nor do I think you will sway me though I could be wrong. We DONT have to agree. We can respectfully disagree and have our own opinions. Opinions cannot be forced upon another! We can all follow rules of polite society without having to try and change how another person feels deep down. The hate needs to end....in BOTH directions. It accomplishes nothing.

Unregistered
    Ummm. BLM consistently chants that they want dead cops. Fry cops like bacon. They are on video urging people to poison food served to cops. They are on video speaking racist disdain for white people. This is the BLM group. Not the idea that Black Lives Matter. Of course they do. All lives matter. Dont give me this line however that the group BLM is a noble organization with civility and is all disney and cuddly puppies and stuff! They are violent and hateful. BLM is steadily turning into a modern KKK movement that is simply 180 degrees! Blind hate and rage. I didnt agree with the rednecks in the sheets, and I dont agree with BLM either. Nothing but an organized conniption fit by adults. We're all entitled to our opinion. There is mine.

Unregistered

It just seems like a lot

it really does

Unregistered
    Cant we just stay on topic.

Unregistered
    Grow up and be more informed. These extremist groups are dangerous

Unregistered
    Any word on DW ia? He gettin a pass again?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast