Selective Outrage
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Selective Outrage

Drive by on Han**** today. Victim in the hospital. Shooter at large. Victim is an 18 yo black Male. Shooter was described as a black Male. Intel points to the case being drug related. Where is the outrage? Where are the protests of this senseless crime? Where are the marches demanding sweeping change so that drug violence can be stopped and not possibly harm bystanders? This happened within eye shot of the middle school! Granted, no students there now, but the point is that this violence sprawls and effects those who are not affiliated with the illegal acts. Innocent people get caught up in the middle. Where is the outrage? Where are the signs? Where are the chants? Are we to assume that our public is ok with this? In addition to being a deputy, I am a member of society and the community. I'm not ok with this! What keeps such violence from coming up my street? I'm outraged that decent people that cant control they live near drug dealing dirtbags are put at risk. The victim has his entire life ahead of him and this is how he starts his summer? This is how his neighbors start their summer? Is it ok because they are both black? I'm asking. I'm not 'woke.' This seems to be very selective outrage. No racist banter please. I'm curious. Make me 'woke.' Woke me! How is one senseless act different from another? I wish this was the only event, but unfortunately there are to many to count! How are we as society ok with all this senseless violence (with calls to reduce and even eliminate law enforcement in some places) but we are so outraged over the Floyd or Crawford cases? I'm not ok with what happened in Minneapolis! Needs to be dealt with and it will be. That said, let's not be picky about pir outrage. Woke me! Please explain

Unregistered
    You know what the difference is

Unregistered
    Well. What is the difference? Let's say it. Let's say it honorably and as respectful as possible. No slurs, no nasty talk. Is it because they are both black, or was it because neither was a cop and cops are obviously the issue?

Unregistered
    I agree. Let's pinpoint the exact issue. Then maybe we can work together to fix it. If it is fixable. Is it that the police are bad? Is it only when it is white on black? Someone say what the rub is exactly. You have to hand it to the organizers. They do voice their issues, however I cant pinpoint exactly what they want or what their proposed solution may be. How are they not upset about yesterday's case, or the hundreds of others that are similar or worse that we deal with all the time? If Black Lives Matter, then how are they not enraged? All life is precious! All lives matter!

Unregistered

Unregistered
    Because the shooter is not an officer that is sworn to protect and serve the public. You're tossing out a false equivalency here.

Law Enforcement in the U.S. is fundamentally broken. Widespread patterns of abuse of power, racial profiling, corruption and excessive force. This is blanketed by flawed systems that shield officers from consequence (qualified immunity, police unions, the whole concept of the thin blue line). Plus, cops get asked to do too much. Mental health, civil issues, code issues, medical issues. That's too much, it puts officers in situations that they shouldn't realistically be in. Then there's the militarization of police. Both equipment and training/outlook. When you spend hours telling people that they're fierce predators that are the only warriors that can handle the mad killers that are out for innocent blood, then you kit them up like they're hitting Falujah... there's only one way that's going to go.

I hope this helped show some perspective

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Because the shooter is not an officer that is sworn to protect and serve the public. You're tossing out a false equivalency here.

Law Enforcement in the U.S. is fundamentally broken. Widespread patterns of abuse of power, racial profiling, corruption and excessive force. This is blanketed by flawed systems that shield officers from consequence (qualified immunity, police unions, the whole concept of the thin blue line). Plus, cops get asked to do too much. Mental health, civil issues, code issues, medical issues. That's too much, it puts officers in situations that they shouldn't realistically be in. Then there's the militarization of police. Both equipment and training/outlook. When you spend hours telling people that they're fierce predators that are the only warriors that can handle the mad killers that are out for innocent blood, then you kit them up like they're hitting Falujah... there's only one way that's going to go.

I hope this helped show some perspective
    If giving cops good gear means there’s only one way that it can go how many times has our SWAT team been involved in a shooting on a SWAT call out in the last 10 years?

Unregistered
    You bring a valid point that the officer is sworn and trained and held to a much higher standard. However, how does this movement not cover such illegal activities that claim so many lives and injure so many? Black Lives Matter because all lives matter. How can anyone not see that wrongful death and injury, no matter who perpetrated it needs to be addressed? I can understand if it is not addressed with the same vehemence as the Mineaopolis incident, but are we all not going to show any outrage? Especially when one considers that such crimes are what bring law enforcement into communities. Such crimes cause us to get out with people, question, and at times annoy people who dont want us there.

Unregistered
    Well the racist piece of shit has arrived.

Unregistered
    The original poster asked for no racist stuff! It ain't just black people that have the procreation issue! Plenty of other races do the same. It's not the color of ones skin, it's how trashy they are or are not and where they hold their values! Trash is trash, regardless of skin color. Dont come on here with garbage please. If you cant contribute beyond an elementary school level, then stay off a d find another thread.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast