Concealed Carry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry

Unregistered

Concealed Carry

I heard a rumor from high up that the Department is considering going back to concealed carry. Anyone know something about this?

Unregistered
    I was around when we had to carry concealed and it sucked in the summer. If true, I would like to know why Tallahassee is alway so determined to find solutions to non-existent problems.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was around when we had to carry concealed and it sucked in the summer. If true, I would like to know why Tallahassee is alway so determined to find solutions to non-existent problems.
    In light of the recent events involving George Floyd and other incidents of police brutality, the Department has temporarily discontinued allowing PO's to carry any firearms. This change becomes effective July 1st. It is unknown at this time when PO's will be permitted to carry again, but it is rumored that the Department is revamping its firearms training program to require a psychological evaluation, additional hours of tactical training, and will require a much more strict guideline for qualifying on the range.

Unregistered
    The problem is that the morons who make these stupid decisions which put all of us at risk work in nice protected offices and carry guns all the time, on or off duty. Let's take away their guns and protection and see how they feel. Of course they don't deal with the scumbags on a daily basis like we do either.

Unregistered
    So...no P.O. is allowed to carry weapons now?

Unregistered
    So...no P.O. is allowed to carry weapons now?
    That is correct.

Unregistered
    In light of the recent events involving George Floyd and other incidents of police brutality, the Department has temporarily discontinued allowing PO's to carry any firearms. This change becomes effective July 1st. It is unknown at this time when PO's will be permitted to carry again, but it is rumored that the Department is revamping its firearms training program to require a psychological evaluation, additional hours of tactical training, and will require a much more strict guideline for qualifying on the range.
    Psychological exam?? You gotta be crazy to be working for the department to start with. They must be planning on grading those evaluations on a sliding scale.

Unregistered
    Take away concealed carry - good way to chase more good people out. Probably better for their own good if they leave.

What a chicken-sh!t outfit the DOC management has become. They are not looking out for our safety.

Unregistered
    What a f@@@ing joke! Its bad enough that we have to carry concealed in the office, but now rhey want us to carry concealed in the field..... FU...

Unregistered
    Psychological exam?? You gotta be crazy to be working for the department to start with. They must be planning on grading those evaluations on a sliding scale.
    As long as you’re taking your psychotropic medication and seeing your therapist on a regular basis you should be allowed to carry, right? Asking for a co-worker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast