Troopers & Boss Bow to protesters. Shameful
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Retired LEO 10-8

Troopers & Boss Bow to protesters. Shameful

Several officers shot, two killed, and hundreds injured and we have cops taking a knee for "solidarity" and agreeing that the police is abusive. What happened to being neutral, enforcing law & order and protecting life and property? Any cop who takes a knee has disrespected the law enforcement profession and the people they work with. Maybe they fell to their knees because a backbone collapsed.

Stand up for your officers. You bow and kneel and expect what? That you will be respected by criminals, protesters and rioters. It is your actions and professionalism that sets the tone, not bowing. You just made it harder for the LE profession. Cops are being severely attacked and killed and you take a bow before criminals, empowering them even more.

Good leaders don't bow... only cowards beg!

Cops are not racist, so don't apologize for me.

Time to retire if you can't stand the heat.

Unregistered
    This is the beginning of the end of the USA

Disappointed in command

Reyes

Reyes is a very insecure person. I’m not in his command but I’ve known him for years. Follow an insecure person around long enough, and you’ll probably hear them apologize to someone for something that isn’t their fault. This apology doesn’t come from a sense of remorse. It comes from being overly passive. It’s essential that we show others respect, but we must first respect ourselves. Save the “I’m sorry” and say something a bit more genuine and impactful. He’s extremely submissive. He presents himself to others all the time requiring validation. Look at me. I’ve done this. I’ve done that. Pat me on the back. I’m a captain. Take my picture. He saw an opportunity and took it. n his own mind he hasn’t done anything wrong. What he did though, was endanger everyone that wears our uniform. The other problem is that he is in Bloms chain of command. A lot of people have grown tired of the good ol boy network they’re involved in and the hillbilly humor that Blom has. His disingenuousness when he sees you is blatant. If you’re not in his clique, you’re beneath him and he’ll have a snarky comment towards you at your expense to make him look like a comedian and make you feel terrible. You can’t expect people in that chain of command to take things seriously when he doesn’t take himself seriously. Blom’s command staff doesn’t respect their troopers. This was evident when Reyes took a knee. We need new leadership as a whole for the agency. The colonel doesn’t show up to anything in troops. We never hear from him or see him. He rubber stamps eulogies that he gives for deceased troopers because he’s so out of touch with the agency and doesn’t know why to say. He didn’t know any of the troopers we buried but stood up there and acted like they were sons of his that he lost. It’s despicable. The colonel, Blom and Reyes need to retire. They’ve been here too long and don’t have the abilities to lead this agency into the future, if there is one for it. Blom knew for years that an affair was going on in his district and ignored it. (Edited to comply with Terms of Use.) This is how he commands his troop. It’s a country club. I blame Reyes for embarrassing us but I put more blame on leadership for his actions.
    If you’re kneeling or hugging protesters, you’re not advancing the cause against police brutality; if anything, you’re impeding it and need to rethink your career in law enforcement. Photos and videos of police officers hugging black people as positive markers of postracial harmony have been going around for years now. In one of the most famous of the genre, a 12-year-old boy named Devonte Hart was photographed tearfully hugging an officer at a demonstration in Oregon in 2014, during the height of the Ferguson protests. After it was first published in the Oregonian, the photo was shared hundreds of thousands of times, becoming “the hug shared round the world.” But the context behind the image is much more sinister, and much more devastating. Devonte and his other black adopted siblings were frequently trotted out for photo ops by his white parents, Sarah and Jennifer Hart, so they’d be viewed as a “happy, if eccentric, family.” Later Jennifer drove the entire family off a cliff in what was ruled a murder-suicide. Devonte’s body was never found. When the photo reliably resurfaces during anti-police protests like the ones happening now, it’s a grisly reminder of how often these seemingly feel-good moments can be cynically manufactured to promote an agenda that has nothing to do with preserving black life. Reyes’ photograph is forever in history. How will that photo be used in the future?
    Last edited by Mod 100; 06-06-2020 at 09:41 AM. Reason: To comply with Terms of Use

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is the beginning of the end of the USA
    definitely the beginning of the end of FHP if nothing is done about this. We have just become ineffectual and irrelevant.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired LEO 10-8 View Post
    Several officers shot, two killed, and hundreds injured and we have cops taking a knee for "solidarity" and agreeing that the police is abusive. What happened to being neutral, enforcing law & order and protecting life and property? Any cop who takes a knee has disrespected the law enforcement profession and the people they work with. Maybe they fell to their knees because a backbone collapsed.

Stand up for your officers. You bow and kneel and expect what? That you will be respected by criminals, protesters and rioters. It is your actions and professionalism that sets the tone, not bowing. You just made it harder for the LE profession. Cops are being severely attacked and killed and you take a bow before criminals, empowering them even more.

Context is everything. Sounds like you have no clue as to what happened. So you commenting is kinda like that movie “Airheads”, for all I care your comment could be Pip farting on a snare drum. You don’t know this Trooper or his background. You’d be hard pressed to find a more patriotic and dedicated Trooper. You know who really has disrespected law enforcement? The old timers commenting who back in the day would thump minorities in the head with a mag light, throw them in their trunk and take them to the jail just for talking back during a X50. Law enforcement has changed. You can’t just do what you want “‘Cause looky here buddy, this badge here says I’m the law.” There’s something called the constitution and all people have certain unalienable rights, which includes the right to peacefully assemble to petition their government for a redress of grievances. The peaceful protesters asked if he would kneel with them and join them in prayer. So, with a peaceful group of protesters he did so with back up a couple feet away. As far as no backbone, I see you commented as retired leo 10-8, which further proves if you were a Leo today, you’d probably be in jail for doing something stupid against a minority and making the entire patrol look bad and causing riots like the guy in MN.

Sucio Sanchez
    Neil Kirkman would roll over in his grave at this cuckoldry!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired LEO 10-8 View Post

Maybe you should learn to bow your knees and realize that it's bigger than your perceptions of how things should be.
    I respect any man or woman in uniform who can bend their knees and pray.

Unregistered
    Context is everything. Sounds like you have no clue as to what happened. So you commenting is kinda like that movie “Airheads”, for all I care your comment could be Pip farting on a snare drum. You don’t know this Trooper or his background. You’d be hard pressed to find a more patriotic and dedicated Trooper. You know who really has disrespected law enforcement? The old timers commenting who back in the day would thump minorities in the head with a mag light, throw them in their trunk and take them to the jail just for talking back during a X50. Law enforcement has changed. You can’t just do what you want “‘Cause looky here buddy, this badge here says I’m the law.” There’s something called the constitution and all people have certain unalienable rights, which includes the right to peacefully assemble to petition their government for a redress of grievances. The peaceful protesters asked if he would kneel with them and join them in prayer. So, with a peaceful group of protesters he did so with back up a couple feet away. As far as no backbone, I see you commented as retired leo 10-8, which further proves if you were a Leo today, you’d probably be in jail for doing something stupid against a minority and making the entire patrol look bad and causing riots like the guy in MN.
    Please don't ever back me up. I don't want a millennial wuss coming to my aid to hug the thug that just tried to kill me. Go be a meter maid with a gun you'll never use because you're too scared to.

Unregistered
    Maybe you should learn to bow your knees and realize that it's bigger than your perceptions of how things should be.
    I respect any man or woman in uniform who can bend their knees and pray.
    You're certainly not a cop. And the problem with todays pacifistic society. You would weaken our men and women. We don't bow to terrorists like these protestors in hopes they will be nice to us. You are a fool.

Unregistered
    I dont bow and I dont pray. How about that for my freedom of speech. The only men that bows are those asking for forgiveness. I have nothing to be forgiven about. So dont ask me or tell me to bow, it wont happen. Especially after it has been displayed as a form of protest when the national anthem plays. Those who fought for this country are probably rolling in their graves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast