Colina & IA Refuse to Terminate Ortiz while he sits at home & collects $120K Year

Unregistered

Colina & IA Refuse to Terminate Ortiz while he sits at home & collects $120K Year

So Far Mr Ortiz sits at home drinking a Pina Colada mocking the system while his on social media and telling us that we will all be disappointed because he will be back Soon. Colina just bring him back already so he can kill someone. He already collected over $50,000 sitting by the pool at his home laughing at what a beautiful day it is. Enough of the abuse terminate the bad apples.

Unregistered
    Actually working on some other terminations but they are out ref COVID.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Actually working on some other terminations but they are out ref COVID.
    Another one Out on the Covid scam!

Unregistered
    We have got to act boldly to eradicate systemic racism and police violence. I am calling for sweeping policy reforms to protect people—particularly communities of color—who have suffered violence for far too long.

Thank you Bernie Sanders
    https://twitter.com/sensanders/statu...765392386?s=21

Unregistered
    Abner Louima is a Haitian man who was assaulted, brutalized, and sexually abused in 1997 by officers of the New York City Police Department after he was arrested outside a Brooklyn nightclub. His injuries were so severe as to require three major surgeries. At first the police attempted to cover up the attack.

On August 9, 1997, police officers took Haitian immigrant Abner Louima — after yanking his pants down to his knee — in the bathroom of the 70th precinct in Brooklyn. There, Officer Justin Volpe used a broken broomstick to sexually assault the handcuffed man. Word of the attack shocked the city, and Louima would eventually testify in a federal trial that sent two officers to prison.

They F..ked him up.. i always wanted to know who came up with that freaky idea. Hey let’s pull this prisoners pants down and stick a plunger up his a ss and then his mouth. There are bad apples everywhere. Colina what are you waiting for to clean up your department to begin with that ortiz guy.

Unregistered
    Colina & IA Refuse to Terminate Ortiz while he sits at home & collects $120K Year.

If Colina and his IA major had the preponderance of the evidence needed to terminate Ortiz, they would have. They don't, at least not yet, if ever. It is not easy terminating a civil service police officer, less a smart, informed one in the nuances of labor law as is Ortiz. In Civil Service, labor law, the standard of proof is "The Preponderance of the Evidence." Some lawyers refer to it as 50% plus a feather. In Ortiz's case, Colina and the city attorney better bring a couple of chickens.

Putting Otiz on "ice" for as long as he has been, may have been a tactic to teach him a lesson. Hopefully, during this forced hiatus, Ortiz has reflected on his past actions and at least to himself, admit, I have erred, embarrassed myself and my Department. Hopefully, he will come back with a different attitude, one that is grateful to be where he is at in his career. A Miami Police Captain, and committed to conducting himself in the tradition of that covet civil service rank, which many aspire to attain, but never do.

Should he not, and should he continue with the same aberrant behavior, then Colina should assign Ortiz to a major who is good at documenting errors of commission and omissions. Only layers and layers of documentation, chronicling management's progressive discipline efforts to correct, train, and Ortiz's flagrant failures to learn from such recommended training, may get rid of Ortiz. Then again, maybe, just maybe, Colina and his IA major have Ortiz by the short hairs, and are just meticulously dotting the "Is" and crossing the "Ts." How many brave souls will put their money on Colina and his IA major?

Shame, Ortiz seems to be a natural leader, smart as well. Too bad he cannot harness his damn immaturity. Grow up, man!

Unregistered
    Colina & IA Refuse to Terminate Ortiz while he sits at home & collects $120K Year.

If Colina and his IA major had the preponderance of the evidence needed to terminate Ortiz, they would have. They don't, at least not yet, if ever. It is not easy terminating a civil service police officer, less a smart, informed one in the nuances of labor law as is Ortiz. In Civil Service, labor law, the standard of proof is "The Preponderance of the Evidence." Some lawyers refer to it as 50% plus a feather. In Ortiz's case, Colina and the city attorney better bring a couple of chickens.

Putting Otiz on "ice" for as long as he has been, may have been a tactic to teach him a lesson. Hopefully, during this forced hiatus, Ortiz has reflected on his past actions and at least to himself, admit, I have erred, embarrassed myself and my Department. Hopefully, he will come back with a different attitude, one that is grateful to be where he is at in his career. A Miami Police Captain, and committed to conducting himself in the tradition of that covet civil service rank, which many aspire to attain, but never do.

Should he not, and should he continue with the same aberrant behavior, then Colina should assign Ortiz to a major who is good at documenting errors of commission and omissions. Only layers and layers of documentation, chronicling management's progressive discipline efforts to correct, train, and Ortiz's flagrant failures to learn from such recommended training, may get rid of Ortiz. Then again, maybe, just maybe, Colina and his IA major have Ortiz by the short hairs, and are just meticulously dotting the "Is" and crossing the "Ts." How many brave souls will put their money on Colina and his IA major?

Shame, Ortiz seems to be a natural leader, smart as well. Too bad he cannot harness his damn immaturity. Grow up, man!
    I agree with most of this. Those of us that know him know the truth, he's frustrated being stuck in the closet. It's 2020 and the guy is afraid of being out and proud!

Unregistered

Strongly Disagree with your Analysis. Lots of what if at the expense of citizens and employees. Ortiz is a cancer and his childish behaviors destroys life and set bad examples within the department. Time are changing fast. A call to police reform is on the way cause of people like Ortiz.

You say if he allowed to come back some Major will document his behavior really who and why haven’t they done it? Cause they are afraid of the backlash of the union and the administration.

Ortiz should be terminated let it take two to three years to get his job back. Colina and the mayor would be crazy to bring him back especially during these times.

Fired him! It’s Better to say that I tried and later Blame the civil service and the officers bill of rights.

Unregistered
    Man. It’s really going to sting, the pain will be so bad.