Thanks colonel for the thank you note e-mail but no thanks!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Thanks colonel for the thank you note e-mail but no thanks!

It sure was nice to hear from you closet colonel. The note was awesome, however I’m glad you feel you work for the best law enforcement agency in the nation and are proud to be a Trooper. I once, a long time ago felt the same way but not anymore. It’s not a great feeling to be overworked, underpaid and understaffed for more than 25 years that i have of service with the patrol. It’s not a good feeling being looked down from a fellow leo while standing in line with them and doing the exact same job and risking my life every single day and knowing that i make $25,000 plus dollars less than him and that the patrol is a sinking ship and no one cares. The thank you note/e-mail does not feed my family nor provides for my family. When will the classless and useless leadership end in Tallahassee and put an end to politics and actually put the Troopers and FHP 1st. When will it be the time we can feel proud of ourselfs? When will it be the time the brass actually cares for its Troopers? When will it be the time we stop training good people and Troopers to only leave to other agencies due to the pay? When are we going to say enough is enough and make the highway patrol great again? It’s a sad agency and nobody cares and there will never be a change. Fellow Troopers let’s keep praying that one day it will finally be our day. I have been praying for 25 years and unfortunately my prayers have not been answering. Sad just very sad.....

Unregistered
    Very well said, but it will fall on deaf ears.

Unregistered
    The problem is, and has been for a while, anyone can promote by taking a test. Also, Colonels pets. Most who promote, do not want to do their job. They want to be everyone's friend so no one is held accountable and just collect their pay. Therefore, the ones who truly embrace their job and are proud to be a Florida State Trooper, are demoralized by having to work with the slugs they are stuck with. Probationary periods are a joke. Policies are a joke. Sure, you can study and memorize what you need to for the test, but how about performance? This is a major reason why FHP is going down hill. FTO's don't train the rookies correctly, they just check off everything, new troopers have no one's back except their own, no one takes responsibility for themselves and quite frankly, they don't care about anyone else. Let me see what I can get away with, f everyone else.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The problem is, and has been for a while, anyone can promote by taking a test. Also, Colonels pets. Most who promote, do not want to do their job. They want to be everyone's friend so no one is held accountable and just collect their pay. Therefore, the ones who truly embrace their job and are proud to be a Florida State Trooper, are demoralized by having to work with the slugs they are stuck with. Probationary periods are a joke. Policies are a joke. Sure, you can study and memorize what you need to for the test, but how about performance? This is a major reason why FHP is going down hill. FTO's don't train the rookies correctly, they just check off everything, new troopers have no one's back except their own, no one takes responsibility for themselves and quite frankly, they don't care about anyone else. Let me see what I can get away with, f everyone else.
    What are YOU doing to improve the things you are bitc** ng about?!?!

Unregistered
    I'm just going to another agency. Grass is never greener, but the pay sure is.

Unregistered
    What are YOU doing to improve the things you are bitc** ng about?!?!
    Okay! Sorry colonel if I finally got you out the closet to read leo affairs. As for you, of course you love being a Trooper, you make $160k a year to send line of duty death reminders and a thank you note once a year. Truth be told. I for once have done plenty to help FHP and my fellow Troopers. I have marched with our union in Tallahassee several times. I have assisted on several important details in Tallahassee to make sure they hear our pay and staffing concerns and the list goes on. I could keep going but they i would give my ID away and we all know what happens when FHP retaliates when someone is telling the truth. Not my first rodeo sir. I have been around the block a few times. It’s not *****ing, it’s actual the truth about our agency but you wouldn’t know sir as apparently the closet you live in must be nice and comfortable as you never come out of it. Try being a little bit more visible and you would understand our frustration!

Unregistered
    Thank you colonel for the 2nd thank you note. I showed the note to the grocery store and i was able to buy food for my family. Oh and i felt a lot better about myself cause i know it came with a $20,000 a year raise. I knew our day would come and it’s finally here. A thank you note fixed all of my and FHP’s problems. Thanks closet colonel for finally coming out.

Unregistered
    Thank you colonel for the 2nd thank you note. I showed the note to the grocery store and i was able to buy food for my family. Oh and i felt a lot better about myself cause i know it came with a $20,000 a year raise. I knew our day would come and it’s finally here. A thank you note fixed all of my and FHP’s problems. Thanks closet colonel for finally coming out.
    Whiney little punk.

Unregistered
    I know we have our issues and I know we are not going to resolve anything by complaining and tearing each other apart here. This is the only forum where troopers are allowed to voice their opinion without repercussions. So why not do that.

Thank you Colonel for those emails.
    We appreciate what you do for ys.

Unregistered
    It sure was nice to hear from you closet colonel. The note was awesome, however I’m glad you feel you work for the best law enforcement agency in the nation and are proud to be a Trooper. I once, a long time ago felt the same way but not anymore. It’s not a great feeling to be overworked, underpaid and understaffed for more than 25 years that i have of service with the patrol. It’s not a good feeling being looked down from a fellow leo while standing in line with them and doing the exact same job and risking my life every single day and knowing that i make $25,000 plus dollars less than him and that the patrol is a sinking ship and no one cares. The thank you note/e-mail does not feed my family nor provides for my family. When will the classless and useless leadership end in Tallahassee and put an end to politics and actually put the Troopers and FHP 1st. When will it be the time we can feel proud of ourselfs? When will it be the time the brass actually cares for its Troopers? When will it be the time we stop training good people and Troopers to only leave to other agencies due to the pay? When are we going to say enough is enough and make the highway patrol great again? It’s a sad agency and nobody cares and there will never be a change. Fellow Troopers let’s keep praying that one day it will finally be our day. I have been praying for 25 years and unfortunately my prayers have not been answering. Sad just very sad.....

Lol whenever you guys are done being road rangers b*****s, join county. A real police agency. Till then keep taking orders from closet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast