Where was FHP in Tampa?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Where was FHP in Tampa?

This is way above my pay grade, but can we get some help, FHP?

While Tampa PD and Hillsborough SO were getting hit with bottles, bricks, and fireworks last night... FHP was nowhere to be seen. It was a fluster cluck.

Come to find out six troopers were down the road, blocking use three lanes of traffic and sipping on Dunkin' coffee. State agencies in other places were assisting the locals in controlling the rioters.

Blocking roads can be done with FDOT while a single trooper keeps watch. Those five troopers could have helped out a lot in the hot zone.

Hoping a decision maker sees this. I was embarrassed for you.

Unregistered
    Don’t worry. AB here for troopers that answered the phone. Sure it’s coming your way too.

Unregistered
    You dont needs us. We are not real cops, hold that line troll.

Unregistered
    If you have any damaged vehicles you can dial *FHP

Someone will be there by August.

Unregistered
    We were at chipotle

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is way above my pay grade, but can we get some help, FHP?

While Tampa PD and Hillsborough SO were getting hit with bottles, bricks, and fireworks last night... FHP was nowhere to be seen. It was a fluster cluck.

Come to find out six troopers were down the road, blocking use three lanes of traffic and sipping on Dunkin' coffee. State agencies in other places were assisting the locals in controlling the rioters.

Blocking roads can be done with FDOT while a single trooper keeps watch. Those five troopers could have helped out a lot in the hot zone.

Hoping a decision maker sees this. I was embarrassed for you.
    This is a serious answer to your question. First of all, did the command staff at your agency request FHP’s assistance there at that incident? We don’t just automatically show up to your calls for service unless we are requested. We have no problem sending troopers to help out but there has to be a request for assistance. We deployed people all over the state based on requests for assistance through the EOC. We responded to as many mutual aid requests as we could fulfill with our staffing. Some of those requests were for traffic control and some of those requests were for riot control squads. If you didn’t see us there, it’s because we were tasked somewhere else to fulfill an EOC request or some other request for assistance. I’m not trying to be an ass but that’s how mutual aid works for state law enforcement.

Unregistered
    This is a serious answer to your question. First of all, did the command staff at your agency request FHP’s assistance there at that incident? We don’t just automatically show up to your calls for service unless we are requested. We have no problem sending troopers to help out but there has to be a request for assistance. We deployed people all over the state based on requests for assistance through the EOC. We responded to as many mutual aid requests as we could fulfill with our staffing. Some of those requests were for traffic control and some of those requests were for riot control squads. If you didn’t see us there, it’s because we were tasked somewhere else to fulfill an EOC request or some other request for assistance. I’m not trying to be an ass but that’s how mutual aid works for state law enforcement.
    Good God you all are posers. FHP has been there with Tampa, Lakeland, and Plant City PDs since this all started. We got rocks bottles and fire extinguishers thrown at us right along with the locals. Real life isnt anything like this stupid website.

Unregistered
    Good God you all are posers. FHP has been there with Tampa, Lakeland, and Plant City PDs since this all started. We got rocks bottles and fire extinguishers thrown at us right along with the locals. Real life isnt anything like this stupid website.
    Now they are.

But that wasn't the case Friday night... for those of use who were actually present.

Unregistered
    Now they are.

But that wasn't the case Friday night... for those of use who were actually present.
    Where was the riot on Friday? In your imagination?

Unregistered
    Where was the riot on Friday? In your imagination?
    Yeah there was on Fowler, there are damaged FHP cars at the Tampa station and the incidents are easily researched on cad. I dont know what this person is gaining by saying we weren't present at something when we were...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast