Community policing

Unregistered

Community policing

Are we doing any of this in miami?
    In a Community Police model, cops step outside of the traditional role to engage as problem-solvers in the community. Police work directly in neighborhoods, develop relationships with local groups, align enforcement priorities with residents’ public safety concerns, and seek solutions to prevent crime.I
    EXamples to speak of?

Unregistered
    This sounds like a black community problem. We don’t need nor want community policing in our neighborhood. Cops patrolling our neighborhood drop the value of our homes. Keep them in the ghetto where they belong.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This sounds like a black community problem. We don’t need nor want community policing in our neighborhood. Cops patrolling our neighborhood drop the value of our homes. Keep them in the ghetto where they belong.
    I don't know, there is a lot of crime going on. Doesn't prevention tactics work or you just not really trained in it?
    Impact starts with proof of concept, measure those results, build from there.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Are we doing any of this in miami?
    In a Community Police model, cops step outside of the traditional role to engage as problem-solvers in the community. Police work directly in neighborhoods, develop relationships with local groups, align enforcement priorities with residents’ public safety concerns, and seek solutions to prevent crime.I
    EXamples to speak of?
    It’s a stat game disguised as community policing

Unregistered
    Nah. I said this before you have to know who is in your community. I want the same with the police in my neighborhood. When you need them youre a nobody. That needs to change.
    Good cops and good neighbors can be strengthful partners.