Detective was almost killed, all for SHOPLIFTING… - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Anyone who has worked here a while knows this wasn’t the fault of the office. HCSO doesn’t want us chasing anyone or doing any real police work for this exact reason. Det. Stoll made a conscious decision to chase a juvenile misdemeanor suspect through a busy intersection and it came back to bite him. We’ve all done it and we will all see the power DMS in a few weeks because of it.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is correct. Andrew Warren had nothing to do with changing the law.

Once employees of a store fail to detain a shoplifter, the burden should be placed back on the store employees. Have an employee bring all the videos, packaging, things left behind by the bad guys, and all other evidence to the District office, AFTER they make an appointment with a CSA, or even a deputy, to report this "crime" in person. See how fast things will change, and see how many more deputies will be x8 to respond to emergencies, and be proactive.
    I like this idea!

Unregistered
    I like this idea!
    These calls already get referred to online reporting, CSA, LDD, or the desk when a suspect is not x97. The suspects were still x97 today which is why deputies will respond. If you don’t like it then quit.

Unregistered
    You lost me at the point you think the state attorney makes amendments to state laws to raise the felony threshold. You are a complete idiot.
    He pushed for it. Same for JAAP and APAD. He was on board with all that. Look up his quote about not hitting a juvenile with a felony jusT for stealing a cell phone. So FUK you.

Unregistered
    He pushed for it. Same for JAAP and APAD. He was on board with all that. Look up his quote about not hitting a juvenile with a felony jusT for stealing a cell phone. So FUK you.
    Those are great programs for first time offenders and it requires you to check a box on a CRA... big fukkking deal.

Unregistered
    These calls already get referred to online reporting, CSA, LDD, or the desk when a suspect is not x97. The suspects were still x97 today which is why deputies will respond. If you don’t like it then quit.
    I don’t know what agency you work for, but that is not true at all. If it were, I wouldn’t be taking so many of these delayed reports with no suspect 97.

Unregistered
    ...The suspects were still x97 today which is why deputies will respond. If you don’t like it then quit.
    Wrong. The suspects already fled, and were found nearby. And, I will not quit. If you don't like that I won't quit, then maybe you should STFU and quit.

Unregistered
    Don't get me started on these frauds. Shoplift cases, retail theft cases, or whatever you want to call them, have become a money making SCAM! And this agency is too stupid to see it and too ball’less to keep us out of these retailer games.

Retail thefts are THE ONLY CRIME where the crime is, not only allowed to happen, the “security” or “loss PREVENTION officer” sit back and watch it happen while getting good video to “MAKE CASES”. By making cases they mean... 1. Bait them by making it look as if there is no security. 2. Allow the crime to happen. 3. Catch them after the fact. 4. CALL US AND WASTE OUR TIME. 5. Prosecute. 6. Send them a civil demand and make back ten times the value of what was stolen, recovered, and sold anyway. 7. Not show up to court. 8. Waste our time further by us having to be at court.

Where are their damn uniformed security?? Retailers used to have then before they turned these crimes into money making scams. If they want to rip off criminals, thats fine, but to tie us up for hours? For less that 50 bucks?? Now With this idiot of a state attorney raising the misdemeanor threshold to $750.00, JAAP, and APAD, WHY THE FUKK DO WE EVEN GET DISPATCHED??

What if we worked other crimes like that. Make patrol all be undercover. Set up cameras and hide. Sit back a watch rapes, burglaries, And robberies happen. Then make the arrest after the crime is all done. Get it all on tape. Makes for great cases huh? Its wrong! Our jobs are to prevent and deter. Not set people up And allow them to commit crimes.

Why in the FUKK do we partake in this????

Are these leaders of ours that blind??? These should be CSA calls all day long. Unless its a robbery, we need to stop with all this chasing retail thieves crap. Keep in mind they allow these crimes to happen. Once they leave the store, transfer to light duty.

Retailers!
    Put uniformed security at The doors! Close off high risk doors. Keep high value items away from doors to prevent grab and dash crimes, dumb fuks at the mall. Check receipts At the doors. Lock up your tools home depot and lowes dumb assses!! Use fukking common sense!! Our agency keeps us short for their own money making scams, so keep us out of your bull shiit retailer games.

I personally do not rush to retail thefts.
    Your ideas are amazing. I have to think a large retailer would jump at the chance to hire you as a highly paid security consultant. Hell, I bet they would get into a pricey bidding war with each other for your services. Of course, you would have to quit the agency, you fukkin azzwipe. So you should go ahead and maybe do that sooner than later.

Unregistered
    Your ideas are amazing. I have to think a large retailer would jump at the chance to hire you as a highly paid security consultant. Hell, I bet they would get into a pricey bidding war with each other for your services. Of course, you would have to quit the agency, you fukkin azzwipe. So you should go ahead and maybe do that sooner than later.
    Go away troll

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12