Johnson take a look - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

See

My point exactly

Court security has the EXACT same standards road deputies do. We are talking ACTUAL JOB EXPERIENCE. Your response is the same thought process as higher ups in the fact there is no respect for court security.

Just sayin'

Uh Yeah

That

Shut them up!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by See View Post
    Court security has the EXACT same standards road deputies do. We are talking ACTUAL JOB EXPERIENCE. Your response is the same thought process as higher ups in the fact there is no respect for court security.

Just sayin'
    Did you apply to take the test? If not why?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by See View Post

Just sayin'

It sounds like you are trying to imply that only people from court security are capable of running court security. I am positive that any decent Sgt could come in and learn the job. I think any decent Sgt could learn any Sgt. position given the opportunity. This job is not that hard. Common sense is the most important aspect of this job.

Nope not at all

That

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It sounds like you are trying to imply that only people from court security are capable of running court security. I am positive that any decent Sgt could come in and learn the job. I think any decent Sgt could learn any Sgt. position given the opportunity. This job is not that hard. Common sense is the most important aspect of this job.
    That was NOT what was said. READ WHOLE THREAD.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Nope not at all;3153760]That was NOT what was said. READ WHOLE THREAD.[/QUOT

You have said numerous times that job experience should be considered for promotion to Sgt. over court security. We have our process. If you don't meet the requirements you have two options 1. Do what you need to meet the requirements, like complete FTO and get your road experience. 2. Deal with your career choice.

You might not like the process, but that is our standard. The Sheriff can't deviate from that process, because of our bargaining agreement. If you don't like the agreement, then try to get it changed.

It does sound like you think your experience should be considered more than the process, because you are not eligible to test.

You have also said that, paraphrasing, you don't think it is just that someone with no experience in court security can be put in charge of it. Well I don't think a good Sgt. would have a hard time learning the ins and outs of the job. Your constant statements of my 10 years of experience and so on should be considered, implies that you feel you are the best suited for the job and there is no way anyone could come in and do as good of a job. I hate to tell you, but this agency doesn't always select the best person for the job. It's the cold hard truth.

And to me it does seem like you think that only those in court security are capable of running court security. It may not have been what you meant, but that is the way I took it.

Wrong again 2

The

Sheriff has MANY TIMES deviated from the process for "privileged people " in the past,
    so that is not a valid response. This whole damn web site is full of examples.

Court Security HAS NEVER been respected by many of the people in the higher up positions or people on the road. THIS THREAD AND YOUR RESPONCE ARE PRIME EXAMPLES THAT SHOWS THIS.

Next at NO time was the word "ME" used in the above posts except the last one. I have worked with (NOT IN) court security many years.

At NO point was it said that the new SGT
    with NO experience could not learn. What was said " WHY put a SGT. who most likely, and history has shown, do NOT WANT to be in court security much less in that POSITION. THEY WANT TO BE ON ROAD.

Name one person who you have heard say:

"OH I have gotta take the SGT.'s test so I can go to court security!!!!"

THE ANSWER IS : YOU HAVE HAVE NEVER HEARD ANYONE SAY THAT!!

YOU HAVE PEOPLE ALREADY DOING the JOB and COULD BE great supervisors over it if given respect and opportunity, with out going to road." They have been doing the job for YEARS already. I can NOT be more CLEAR on this POINT. Going to road will NOT change what they are already ABLE to do." The lack of respect for court security BY THE SHERIFF'S HIGHER UPs is again showing here.

PAY ATTENTION it shows in your responses that you have not read the whole post and do not know what you are talking about. You must be butt hurt from failing the SGT.'s
    test yourself. Let me give you a possibility as to why you have failed: you can not read or understand ENGLISH. Try brushing up on that and you might pass it next time. Just sayin'.

Bonus, allowing someone in CS move up would allow that New Sgt. to be on the road where they are striving for and where it supposivly is needed more.

Yeah 2

That

Shut them up again. Great job!!!!

Again

That shut them up again!.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah 2 View Post
    Shut them up again. Great job!!!!
    That shut them up again!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrong again 2 View Post
    Sheriff has MANY TIMES deviated from the process for "privileged people " in the past,
    so that is not a valid response. This whole damn web site is full of examples.

Court Security HAS NEVER been respected by many of the people in the higher up positions or people on the road. THIS THREAD AND YOUR RESPONCE ARE PRIME EXAMPLES THAT SHOWS THIS.

Next at NO time was the word "ME" used in the above posts except the last one. I have worked with (NOT IN) court security many years.

At NO point was it said that the new SGT
    with NO experience could not learn. What was said " WHY put a SGT. who most likely, and history has shown, do NOT WANT to be in court security much less in that POSITION. THEY WANT TO BE ON ROAD.

Name one person who you have heard say:

"OH I have gotta take the SGT.'s test so I can go to court security!!!!"

THE ANSWER IS : YOU HAVE HAVE NEVER HEARD ANYONE SAY THAT!!

YOU HAVE PEOPLE ALREADY DOING the JOB and COULD BE great supervisors over it if given respect and opportunity, with out going to road." They have been doing the job for YEARS already. I can NOT be more CLEAR on this POINT. Going to road will NOT change what they are already ABLE to do." The lack of respect for court security BY THE SHERIFF'S HIGHER UPs is again showing here.

PAY ATTENTION it shows in your responses that you have not read the whole post and do not know what you are talking about. You must be butt hurt from failing the SGT.'s
    test yourself. Let me give you a possibility as to why you have failed: you can not read or understand ENGLISH. Try brushing up on that and you might pass it next time. Just sayin'.

Bonus, allowing someone in CS move up would allow that New Sgt. to be on the road where they are striving for and where it supposivly is needed more.
    Since you are obviously more intelligent than I am and I can't read or understand what I read, what does supposivly mean? It's in your last sentence.

I hear you complaining about the issue, but not coming up with solutions. What do you propose to resolve the issue you have brought up? I would also be willing to bet that there are some Sgt.'s out there that would jump at the chance to work a day shift Monday through Friday. Just because a position comes up in court security doesn't mean that a new Sgt will get the position. It could go to a senior Sgt who might be at the end of their career or just wants a more normal schedule. You are arguing for preferential treatment.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast