Johnson take a look - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Right right right🤑

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It is preferential treatment because you have argued that those in court security should be considered for the soon to be open Sgt.'s position because they know the job and have the experience, yet the policy has standards that must be met to test for Sgt. They haven't met those standards but you still think they should have a shot at Sgt. That in itself is preferential treatment. Making special considerations for someone that has not met the standards that are in place.

You have not given any examples on how to make it possible for those in court security eligible to test for Sgt., until now. I have stated that you either try to make changes or become eligible or deal with your career choices.

And anytime you want to compare resumes with me I will be more than happy to sit down with you. Also get spell check, it's definitive not Defenative.
    There are plenty of examples of SRSO making exceptions for different people in the department. This whole web site is full of them.

Give court security an opportunity to complete FTO in THEIR field of expertise. That requires SRSO making a hierarchy advancement like they did for corrections.

Unregistered
    There are plenty of examples of SRSO making exceptions for different people in the department. This whole web site is full of them.

Give court security an opportunity to complete FTO in THEIR field of expertise. That requires SRSO making a hierarchy advancement like they did for corrections.
    The exception that would need to be made would have to do with changing our collection bargaining agreement and our promotional process. So here is my suggest, stop complaining about something that will never happen until you and others get involved and change the promotional process. So get to work and try and get the changes you would like to see. I don't particularly care one way or the other. I don't want to work court security or be the Sgt. over court security.

The FTO for court security in their area of expertise is just another example of you wanting preferential treatment. Get the system changed for everyone, not just those in court security, or earn your stripes on the road like everyone else on the Law Enforcement side has had to do. I'm sorry you feel the system doesn't cater to those in court security, but there is a way that you can become eligible to test for Sgt., it just isn't the path you want to take. I could see if the Sheriff said you can never test, no matter what you did, but that isn't the case. You can test, you just have to follow the requirements like everyone else. You are not special and special considerations shouldn't be made for anyone, unfortunately that is not the case and some do get preferential treatment, but the Sheriff could face a class action lawsuit if he violated our agreement for the Sgt. and Lieutenant promotional process. There are only a few "special" people in this agency and you and I are not one of them.

Having said all that, if you want to start a dialog on how we can make changes to our promotional process, I am all ears. Best of luck, I hope everything works out for you as long as you put in the work.

Unregistered
    Everyone is better than court security.

Unregistered
    Well duh! Can't pass FTO? Go to Court Security. Can't testify because you got caught lying on the stand? Go to Court Security. Got your assy in trouble? Go to Court Security.

Unregistered
    Yes Mildew you are right. Everyone is better than Court Security.

Unregistered
    "If you want to start a dialog on how we can make changes to our promotional process, I am all ears. Best of luck, I hope everything works out for you as long as you put in the work."

ARSE HOLE ::::they have put in the WORK!! THEY HAVE BEEN DOING JOB ALREADY FOR 10 PLUS YEARS WITHOUT GOING "TO ROAD."

There is only one change to be made and it is the mandatory 2 year "on road" issue. That CAN be changed as soon as current contract is up (when will that be?). There needs to be a stipulation that if you have experience in that POSITION already it can be used in place of 2 year "road work". Who do you think takes care of things when SGT. Is out??? Slick sleeves who have been there OVER 10 years because they KNOW AND HAVE EXPERIENCE of what to do. THAT way you give the people who have the experience a chance, but keep "road work" a standard requirement which means SRSO will have to make it a requirement/policy to pass FTO FOR ANY JOB YOU TOTE A GUN FOR IN SRSO. SRSO will HAVE TO QUIT sending people to court security WITHOUT COMPLETING FTO!!! SRSO should be worried anout the liability of NOT completing FTO more. That then leaves it FAIR for EVERYONE. AGAIN EXPERIENCE works for every OTHER JOB IN THE WORLD except SRSO WHICH just enforces the court security is whipping post and dumping ground for f#=$ ups.

Unregistered
    Why can't they be "grandfathered in," so to speak, when contract is renewed?

Process

Would

Someone have to go straight to Johnson personally to be involved in creating a court security hierarchy? That would mean getting kicked to the curb in a heart beat. How would that go? What is the process?

Why

Not?

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast