Bell gets slss as mend by Judge and looses CIVIL CASE.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Bell gets slss as mend by Judge and looses CIVIL CASE.

Bell stepped out of line and was rejected his opportunity for a civil lawsuit. He stepped out of line AGAIN and PBA is trying to take advantage of this situation. PBA has been seen taking photos with Temp Toney/Tony and talks are on there way.
    With a background Temp has we wonder how much worst can BSO can get.
    All this stimulated from the removal of Israel that should have never happened. Most were warned about the politely move the Governor had in play but due to all the ignorant people who strive in being followers this is how the political arena goes. Be carful what you wish for cause now we can be stuck with a thug as our sheriff who in so many easy should not be our Sheriff.
    Again BSO is in trouble PARKLAND peop lt e who don’t give a dam and who have made so much money and fame out of this. At this point why don’t Parkland hire a security company to oversee the city.

We have Israel and Pollick battlin it out but it could be Temp Toney/Tony. Let’s all only hope Israel is the winner because the other two are not the right fit nor will they ever be. I’m speaking the truth and it might reflect jobs that we’re promised.

Unregistered
    Who wrote this, a 3 year old or Gil?

Unregistered

false

You couldn't find one source saying that Jeff Bell's civil case was thrown out.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bell stepped out of line and was rejected his opportunity for a civil lawsuit. He stepped out of line AGAIN and PBA is trying to take advantage of this situation. PBA has been seen taking photos with Temp Toney/Tony and talks are on there way.
    With a background Temp has we wonder how much worst can BSO can get.
    All this stimulated from the removal of Israel that should have never happened. Most were warned about the politely move the Governor had in play but due to all the ignorant people who strive in being followers this is how the political arena goes. Be carful what you wish for cause now we can be stuck with a thug as our sheriff who in so many easy should not be our Sheriff.
    Again BSO is in trouble PARKLAND peop lt e who don’t give a dam and who have made so much money and fame out of this. At this point why don’t Parkland hire a security company to oversee the city.

We have Israel and Pollick battlin it out but it could be Temp Toney/Tony. Let’s all only hope Israel is the winner because the other two are not the right fit nor will they ever be. I’m speaking the truth and it might reflect jobs that we’re promised.
    I agree and most intelligent folks see it too. Only the inexperienced don't have any clue what's happening here. Yes it's scary because once at the end it's our job. I'm glad I'm almost done and don't need to worry but all of you who need to stay be careful who you choose. My vote is Israel.

Unregistered
    Hey stupid it’s out just look for it. You must be a Parkland resident.

Unregistered
    Who wrote this, a 3 year old or Gil?
    Not sure but I’m sure you got the phucking point so move on ...

Unregistered
    The president of the Broward deputies’ union lost his civil rights lawsuit against the Broward Sheriff’s Office in an early court skirmish.

BSO Deputy Jeffrey Bell, a persistent foe of Sheriff Gregory Tony, criticized his response to the coronavirus in an opinion piece the South Florida Sun Sentinel published April 6. Bell accused Tony of ignoring “our repeated requests for personal protective equipment” and for “berating our union when we call attention to public safety concerns.”

In public statements, Tony disputed the accuracy of Bell’s article and called his allegations “despicable.”

Bell’s complaint claims that four days after the opinion piece ran, the sheriff retaliated by suspending him and starting an Internal Affairs probe that hinders Bell’s full-time union work. The International Union of Police Associations Local 6020 represents 1,400 deputies and sergeants.

On Friday, Fort Lauderdale U.S. District Judge Raag Singhal dismissed the lawsuit on the basis that Bell, who is still being paid by BSO, “cannot establish that he has suffered an adverse employment action.” The judge wrote it’s unclear that Bell cannot function as union president because of restrictions placed on him during the internal investigation.

Singhal did not dismiss the suit with prejudice, meaning Bell could refile it if he were disciplined, his attorney Robert Buschel said. He plans to appeal the May 22 ruling.

Tony v. BSO union president
    The newspaper article set off a series of events in the ongoing war between Tony and the union leader. On April 10 Bell sent what his complaint called a “whistleblower letter” to Tony requesting a meeting about the coronavirus response.

Instead, Bell was immediately suspended, told he lost the status that allowed him to work for the union, and was placed under investigation. Internal Affairs notified Bell the office was looking into his truthfulness, alleged corrupt practices, employee statements, conduct unbecoming an employee and discretion, Singhal recounted in his order.

Bell had to turn in his badge, gun and equipment. He must check in with Internal Affairs twice a day, the complaint states. “He is being punished for doing his job as President of the Union, which is to advocate for the rights and safety of Union members,” it says.

The union conducted a symbolic vote on the sheriff the following week. Out of 786 votes, 693 expressed no confidence in his leadership, union officials told NBC.

Bell filed his lawsuit April 15 in the Southern District of Florida federal court. It seeks an end to his suspension, lifting of the restrictions on his union work, and attorney fees and costs.

While Singhal dismissed the lawsuit, he established that Bell had the right to speak out as a citizen about a matter of public concern, the coronavirus.

The decision “puts the sheriff on notice you can’t discipline Jeffrey Bell for his union speech,” Buschel told Florida Bulldog. If the Internal Affairs probe leads to discipline, “I have a court opinion that says Bell did nothing wrong,” he added.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
    Related posts:

Sheriff Tony gave raises, promotions to BSO employees who moonlight for wife’s firm
    BSO spent big on bleed control kits from sheriff’s ex-company, then his PAC got $5,000 contribution from kit vendor
    Union ousts top officer for talking to reporter about union president’s big pay hike
    Broward Sheriff Gregory Tony under oath: I had no case sealed
    Sheriff Gregory Tony’s secret: As a teenager, he shot and killed a man

Unregistered
    I agree and most intelligent folks see it too. Only the inexperienced don't have any clue what's happening here. Yes it's scary because once at the end it's our job. I'm glad I'm almost done and don't need to worry but all of you who need to stay be careful who you choose. My vote is Israel.
    But you don’t work here and are sucking that loser’s azz for a job! Suck all you want, but Israel and you will never be back .

Unregistered
    How is this a loss? The judge said he has free speech and therefore BSO will not be able to discipline him. If he is getting paid, there is no financial loss. I see it as a win for the internal crap that BSO tries to pull

Unregistered
    How is this a loss? The judge said he has free speech and therefore BSO will not be able to discipline him. If he is getting paid, there is no financial loss. I see it as a win for the internal crap that BSO tries to pull
    So his case gets summarily bounced out of court, but it's a WIN for Bell. Oh, okay. LOL! What a joke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast