Executive order violations
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Executive order violations

Is anyone actually looking for violations and issuing paperwork or are we just filling out a spreadsheet?

Unregistered
    Our captain made it clear. We are not issuing emergency orders so why bother even writing up a violation. Drive around fill out your spreadsheet and go home. Blinders on. The stop sign is up.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Our captain made it clear. We are not issuing emergency orders so why bother even writing up a violation. Drive around fill out your spreadsheet and go home. Blinders on. The stop sign is up.
    You are correct for the most part. I will add that we are very fortunate right now that we have jobs. We are simply a band-aid right now to help keep the sanity and help people stay in business. The toughest part right now is dealing with other agencies wanting answers and wanting to know what to do. Unfortunately it isn't something we can help them with. They need to police this as their command staff and general counsel see fit. We need to do it as we see fit. If another agency is trying to put you on the spot for answers then they are just trying to pass the buck. They don't want to look like the bad guy.

For now and until I retire I am going to do what my bosses tell me to do. Whether the locals like it or not. The locals don't approve our time sheets, don't do our evaluations, and don't have our backs during this... despite what some of you may think.

In the meantime, watch each other's backs, take care of yourselves, and keep your eye on the prize!

Unregistered
    I will say in 18 years of my ABT time the current chief and two majors are by far the worse we have ever had. Can’t make a decision, won’t get back to you but god forbid you forget the / between n/a on your spreadsheet. They should be ashamed of themselves. Say what you want about past majors and Chief they at least made decisions and got back to you.

Unregistered
    I will say in 18 years of my ABT time the current chief and two majors are by far the worse we have ever had. Can’t make a decision, won’t get back to you but god forbid you forget the / between n/a on your spreadsheet. They should be ashamed of themselves. Say what you want about past majors and Chief they at least made decisions and got back to you.
    You are delusional if you think the Chief and two Majors are calling the shoots. They are simply messengers. Go with the flow baby.

Unregistered
    At first I wasn't sure what we were supposed to be doing. I questioned having to get complaints approved. I now understand what is going on. You have to remember this isn't a law enforcement agency. This is a regulatory agency with a very small LE component and that component isn't wanted or needed during this pandemic. The Secretary on down are absolutely correct in keeping us out of the fray. Letting the locals handle issues is not only smart it was the only real option. Think about the total chaos that we would have if we pulled licensees, arrested people trying to feed their families and made cases. We would have revolts and guess what? The sheriff and the police would be on TV screaming how the evil empire was beating their citizens down and starving their families.
    I don't always agree with the way we do things but in this pandemic we are doing everything right. We have our leadership to thank and we should be grateful they thought this through. In a couple weeks everything will be open and we can get on with the next stage, whatever that is.
    For those of you with the mindset that having a badge is the answer need to watch and learn. Having compassion is more important. Just a thought-how many licensees have been charged by locals throwing their badges around. I know that answer-none!
    I am proud of this agency. You should be too.

Unregistered
    You won’t be so happy and prions when you find out we are on permanent 2-10 for everyone forever. It’s coming. No more flexible schedules or bankers hours 2-10 for everyone 7 days a week with rotating days off.

Unregistered
    You won’t be so happy and prions when you find out we are on permanent 2-10 for everyone forever. It’s coming. No more flexible schedules or bankers hours 2-10 for everyone 7 days a week with rotating days off.
    If it is best for ABT it is best for me. What you aren't seeing is the agency can't remain the State Beverage Department. We will adapt to the next challenge and chapter or will will certainly fade away. I never asked to work bank hours anyway. Our problem locations don't open at 8am. You can work a kid and investigate anything that needs your attention after dark and may be a little more successful at it. I love the idea that my lazy self righteous coworkers may not be able to work 30 hours a week off duty and be forced to focus on ABT. I would really prefer 4-12 though. Frees up more or the day to fish.

Unregistered
    I'm calling BS. Nobody is that stupid to get on here and say exactly how long they have been at. That narrows it down to everyone hired in 2002 and is only a handful of people. You must be awfully jealous of someone hired in '02. Typical ABT coward trying to stir it up!

Unregistered
    Take home cars are going to be parked at the office soon also to save money from the budget cuts. Just be glad you have a job. Live it and love it times are changing.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast