SSO culture

Thread: SSO culture

Unregistered

SSO culture

Having served under three Sheriff’s I have noticed a disturbing trend regarding the culture of the agency. Lying, cheating, and stealing is rewarded as long as you tow the company line. The Sheriff undermines other agencies and municipalities rather than working to become an example for them to follow. Neither he nor Hoffman have come up through the ranks and show little to no regard for line level personnel. Under this administration all the real leaders have left or were pushed out. We need change in a bad way. I’m still proud to work here, just not proud of the people I work for. We went from helping each other to every man for themselves. This is not leadership. Tom and Kurt should be ashamed of themselves. When I hear about the things they have done I’m ashamed to work for them. And to the guy who is going to tell me to retire. It can’t come soon enough if this toxic environment continues.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    1. Having served under three Sheriff’s I have noticed a disturbing trend regarding the culture of the agency. Lying, cheating, and stealing is rewarded as long as you tow the company line.
    2. The Sheriff undermines other agencies and municipalities rather than working to become an example for them to follow. Neither he nor Hoffman have come up through the ranks and show little to no regard for line level personnel.

Under this administration all the real leaders have left or were pushed out. We need change in a bad way. I’m still proud to work here, just not proud of the people I work for. We went from helping each other to every man for themselves. This is not leadership. Tom and Kurt should be ashamed of themselves. When I hear about the things they have done I’m ashamed to work for them. And to the guy who is going to tell me to retire. It can’t come soon enough if this toxic environment continues.
    Those are the first two things that are obviously noticeable, ever since Tom Knight came onboard. Kurt Hoffman has not helped the situation, but he exasperates it. Conversely, look at the documented histories of Knight and Hoffman:

• Knight has been arrested for being wasted (drunk) at a bar and then getting into a fight over "woman issues." (Knight has his criminal arrest expunged).
    • Hoffman has a documented history of lying under oath during an official polygraph

Everyone knows about these things. They are not secrets. Integrity (or lack thereof) flows from the top down. In this instance, unethical philosophies are flowing from the top down. That is why you see an increase in lying, cheating and stealing agency-wide. Leadership sets the ethical tone (on in this case, sets the unethical tone). Tolerate what you will.

Unregistered
    Having served under three Sheriff’s I have noticed a disturbing trend regarding the culture of the agency. Lying, cheating, and stealing is rewarded as long as you tow the company line. The Sheriff undermines other agencies and municipalities rather than working to become an example for them to follow. Neither he nor Hoffman have come up through the ranks and show little to no regard for line level personnel. Under this administration all the real leaders have left or were pushed out. We need change in a bad way. I’m still proud to work here, just not proud of the people I work for. We went from helping each other to every man for themselves. This is not leadership. Tom and Kurt should be ashamed of themselves. When I hear about the things they have done I’m ashamed to work for them. And to the guy who is going to tell me to retire. It can’t come soon enough if this toxic environment continues.
    I too, served under 3 sheriff's and to answer your time to retire comment, that's exactly why I retired 4 years ago. I couldn't take it any longer and once I hit 55, even though I didn't have the full 25 years, I pulled the plug. Monge wasn't the best but he sure did show some class. He knew us all, as well as our family. We were underpaid in comparison to other agencies but we were well respected and always had the best equipment. Then we got bumbling Billy who started promoting all of his drinking buddies. He forgot that the budget he was given wasn't for him to use for personal use and he wasn't smart enough to figure out how to manipulate his undermining. It was that stupidity that let everyone find out that he had plans on leasing that SUV and then buying it for pennies on the dollar when he walked out the door. Unfortunately AC did that legally buying our cars at public auction and selling them but since Billy was caught in his underhanded dealings, he ordered his goons to after AC and threatened him by stating he bought more cars in a year than he was allowed to and therefore needed a dealer license. That would be a crime that could get him fired but they overlooked it and just transferred him from a detective position back to patrol. Then Billy tried to steal the office chair that he had embroidered when he retired and it had to be returned under threat of criminal prosecution. Lest we not forget his inside deal with the corrections medical scam that was going to give him a sweet retirement job. That information was stored on a laptop that he also took, after having it fraudulently declared as obsolete and supposed to be sent for destruction. That laptop "somehow" ended up in his possession and again had to be returned but this time under court order and was not to be touched or modified. That is when we all learned about a program called CCleaner because "someone" wiped the C drive of that computer with CCleaner multiple times and any information that could have assisted FDLE and or FBI in their criminal investigation that was supposedly stored on that laptop was gone and unrecoverable. He did no time for that. Also he was the one who made the first promotion of the lying adulterer JW from deputy to Sergeant. After bumbling Billy we got stuck with the glorified meter maid T"Knightmare"K. He totally destroyed whatever pride was left. He has made enemies of the county commission, the surrounding municipalities and the employees. He treated the deputies like dog shirt on his heel and was confrontational at every opportunity he could. Does this sound familiar? "I am here at your in-service training and I want to know what you think. Does anyone a question?" After a valid question or concerned was posed, the knightmare would belittle and embarrass the deputy that asked the question. It got to the point that the training deputies would make us aware of his attendance and would remind us not to ask questions to avoid his rage.

I turned 55 and said adios mudderfokker just because the administration had ruined the agency. It's a shame because this was once an honored and prestigious agency but when I left a few years ago, it was a den of thieves, cheaters and liars; and that was just the ones running the place.

Unregistered
    After bumbling Billy, we got stuck with the glorified meter maid TK (aka "Knightmare"). He has made enemies of the county commission, the surrounding municipalities and the employees.
    Knight acts like he is God's gift to politics and to the Sarasota Sheriff's Office, but conversely, he has made enemies with county commissioners and with the chiefs and captains of other municipal agencies. That's not a good sign. In fact, it's politically sad. Knight does not "talk to" deputies, but he "talks at" us. That is a huge difference. If Knight "talk at" deputies, then he "talks at" other people too, such as county commissioners, chiefs, captains and everybody else. It is no wonder he has created so many enemies in this region.

Lest we forget, under the direction and influence of Kurt Hoffman, Knight also told the chief judge of the 12th Judicial Circuit to "shovel shit" (with his bizarre legal argument from Hoffman). That enlightened many people that both Knight and Hoffman have signal 20 tendancies.

Knightmare treated the deputies like dog shirt on his heel and was confrontational at every opportunity he could. He would say: "I am here at your in-service training and I want to know what you think. Does anyone a question?" After a valid question or concerned was posed, then knightmare would belittle and embarrass the deputy that asked the question. It got to the point that the training deputies would make us aware of his attendance and would remind us not to ask questions to avoid his rage.
    Knight's behavior is perplexing because he initially comes across as being very charismatic (with his squeaky high-pitched fake laugh), but then his behavior unexpectedly turns on a dime and he becomes instantly angry. It is similar to bipolar behavior. What kind of childhood did he have that caused him to become that way? (unless it's a diagnosed or undiagnosed mental health issues?). When Knight was denied a security clearance by the FBI, that said a lot.

Unregistered
    It's important to "talk to" people, instead of "talking at" them. There is a huge difference. Remember this: when Knight "talks at" deputies, then he is also "talks at" other people too, such as county commissioners, chiefs, captains and everybody else. It is no wonder he has created so many enemies in this region.

Also, please remember that under the legal-direction [sic] of Kurt Hoffman, Knight also told the chief judge of the 12th Judicial Circuit to "shovel shit" (with Hoffman's bizarre legal argument). That act made many people aware that both Knight and Hoffman have signal 20 tendencies.
    Knight also got caught calling an elected official (Shirley Brown) names via texting... while he was on-duty... which was printed in the newspaper. You cannot make this stuff up.

Unregistered

Exclamation Political bridge burning

Keeping faculty members updated on current philosophies of senior and middle managers is an effective way to make employees understand that they are a core pillars for achieving and maintaining institutional success. This should continue as a long-term strategic philosophy. Institutional benefits may not be observed for 12 to 36 months in the future. This philosophy is an investment in the future (and no just in the present moment).

Knight also got caught calling an elected official (Shirley Brown) names via texting... while he was on-duty... which was printed in the newspaper. You cannot make this stuff up.
    • If you can't defeat your political opponent legitimately, then just resort to name calling. When Shirley Brown learned that Knight was calling her "as dumb as a box of rocks" (or words to that effect), then Knight permanently burned that political bridge forever.
    • When Knight defied the order of the chief judge of the 12th judicial circuit, then Knight permanent burned that political bridge forever. Knight has burned many bridges --- and not just the ones you read about in the newspaper.
    • In Kurt Hoffman's case, it was his grandiose plan or "legal scheme" to defy the chief judge, but the appellate court unanimously struck down his "compelling case" [sic]. The legal world is also small and attorney's talk to each other about these odd legal fiascos. Hoffman deserves a refund for his bubble gum JD diploma because he clearly did not learn how to apply the law correctly. Just ask the chief judge and the appellate court!!!

Unregistered

Retirementaffairs.com

The only thing this site is good for is retirees to compare old Sheriffs. The new generation doesn't even know what this site is. Its time to get a hobby and actually go spend time with the wife if you still have one. It doesn't matter who the next Lieutenant or Sheriff is. Seriously look at the post abroad in this site. You can barely navigate through the ads and the BS. American Law enforcement was this way 30 years ago and the next 30 will be two man cars responding everywhere. Each to Police each other. Sheriffs,Chiefs,Colonels- Administrators will be even more political puppets with todays society. Scan through. This agency is no different than all the others.

Unregistered

Thumbs up Common sense 101

The only thing this site is good for is retirees to compare old Sheriffs. The new generation doesn't even know what this site is. Its time to get a hobby and actually go spend time with the wife if you still have one. It doesn't matter who the next Lieutenant or Sheriff is. Seriously look at the post abroad in this site. You can barely navigate through the ads and the BS. American Law enforcement was this way 30 years ago and the next 30 will be two man cars responding everywhere. Each to Police each other. Sheriffs,Chiefs,Colonels- Administrators will be even more political puppets with todays society. Scan through. This agency is no different than all the others.
    You are wrong. It does matter who the sheriff is because that's where ethical OR unethical leadership comes from and it influences not just the Sarasota Sheriff's Office, but it also influences the community.

Home slice forever

Knightmare

TK is a piece of sh--. KH is a piece of sh--. Be careful guys if you arrest someone. TK is just looking to bust a nut to fu- over the next Dep who screws up, and that POS Hoffman will do the same. F all of you cronies !!