FTO Kingdom

Thread: FTO Kingdom

Unregistered

FTO Kingdom

How do you become an FTO at FHP? Ive noticed people with as little as 2 years becoming FTO? Is being an FTO very selective and why?

Unregistered
    No one wants to do it. The sad thing is that the FTOs we have now lack the experience needed to teach the next generation of troopers!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No one wants to do it. The sad thing is that the FTOs we have now lack the experience needed to teach the next generation of troopers!
    It's about saving money, not safety. When a former Chief puts an email that states "who wants to be in FTO?" That tells the whole story.

The higher-ups are paid to save money and gets their bonuses.

Unregistered
    How do you become an FTO at FHP? Ive noticed people with as little as 2 years becoming FTO? Is being an FTO very selective and why?
    This is the same story in many departments across the country. Many of the older officers are retiring at a very fast rate, leaving many rookies to fill the ranks. And the veteran officers still working do not want ANYTHING to do with training new officers due to the overwhelming ****iness and lack of common sense and work ethic. Not all but many have this sense of entitlement and no real world knowledge. So you end up with rookies training rookies; hence, the match is now thrown into the dumpster.

Unregistered
    This is the same story in many departments across the country. Many of the older officers are retiring at a very fast rate, leaving many rookies to fill the ranks. And the veteran officers still working do not want ANYTHING to do with training new officers due to the overwhelming ****iness and lack of common sense and work ethic. Not all but many have this sense of entitlement and no real world knowledge. So you end up with rookies training rookies; hence, the match is now thrown into the dumpster.
    Can I get an AMEN!!!!

Unregistered
    I'm an FTO and what I do is very important. We have to pass on skills, and help the newer LEO's develop needed KSA's in a short period of time. The taxpayer and the chain of command is counting on each of us to be able to produce a high-quality tik-tok video on a regular basis and still make two contacts per hour. This is harder than it sounds. I am in the middle of doing my next Youtube rap video and there is a hit and run on a mailbox post, MAN!!! Talk about the stress! I can handle it!!! They hired the best of the best!!!! We're the Navy Seals of Highway Security!!!! And will I get my lunch? I just got a call for a parking lot cruncher at ALDI. Well...I have a secret to share: I have a little kettle that plugs into the power port and I can heat up water for my ramen noodles and have lunch in the median while I run some stalker for a few. Me and my rookie can have lunch and watch for that "big fish". He's learning from the best. I have months of experience to share, and he will make a great deputy when I'm done with hime. I just showed him the proper way to put the spit the chew out, put on your campaign hat and approach the car you pulled over in one silky smooth move! SRSLY LOL!! I'm like Charles Bronson or something!!! He's getting some GOOD training!!! Yeah, it isn't easy. Nobody said it would be. But being the best is not supposed to be easy. Stay safe!