“No furloughs at this time” - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If the demographic of the city commission and at city hall doesn’t change we are screwed. Remember when mayor preached diversity. Gotta love an all black diverse commission. Everyone who sits on the stage during a commission meeting is black!
    Its called a democratic process of people voting for the candidates on the ballot!! Why dont you run and see if anyone will vote for you?

Unregistered
    Its called a democratic process of people voting for the candidates on the ballot!! Why dont you run and see if anyone will vote for you?
    All black city attorneys, all black city managers and asst city managers, black chief, black head of public works, black city clerk, black commissioners, All black assistants to the Commisioners? Missing any other positions?

Unregistered
    All black city attorneys, all black city managers and asst city managers, black chief, black head of public works, black city clerk, black commissioners, All black assistants to the Commisioners? Missing any other positions?
    I didn't write the above! But, all I care about is my salary. The proof is in the pudding, as they say. All I know is that the darker the place has gotten the worse take salary and benefits have become. So far they haven't shown me much yet. I'm sure someone will call me racist, etc. I wouldn't care if they were all green aliens from outer space if they compensated us fairly. I would be happy with a tricounty average pay, not the lowest tricounty pay. It seems to me that when it comes to prejudice, the blacks who now run every thing are just as prejudiced as white people, maybe more. When I pay my bills the creditors don't seem to care about the color of my employers - all they care about is the color of my money.

Unregistered
    Everyone knows that DW will soon be moving on. Here's what to watch for: will he go to primarily black run city or primarily white run city - either one now wants black police chiefs? I will bet he goes to a primarily white run city. First of all his experience has been that whites have fallen all over themselves to help push him upward and upward (in spite of his constant claims to the contrary.) Secondly, he now has experience working with a black run city - do you really think that he wants to repeat that? Thirdly, he knows where he would have the greatest chance of the highest pay package. Fourthly, he knows where he would have the best chance of cooperation in leading a police department. Lastly, under his current situation playing the race card no longer works, but he knows where it would work. Maybe my ideas are full of shit, but one thing is certain - time will tell

Unregistered
    If its so bad then start filling out applications at other places that have a racial make up that makes your comfortable. It looks like you are seeking answers to your complaints and that seems to be the only one that fit. Good Luck!

Unregistered
    I didn't write the above! But, all I care about is my salary. The proof is in the pudding, as they say. All I know is that the darker the place has gotten the worse take salary and benefits have become. So far they haven't shown me much yet. I'm sure someone will call me racist, etc. I wouldn't care if they were all green aliens from outer space if they compensated us fairly. I would be happy with a tricounty average pay, not the lowest tricounty pay. It seems to me that when it comes to prejudice, the blacks who now run every thing are just as prejudiced as white people, maybe more. When I pay my bills the creditors don't seem to care about the color of my employers - all they care about is the color of my money.
    If its so bad then start filling out applications at other places that have a racial make up that makes your comfortable. It looks like you are seeking answers to your complaints and that seems to be the only one that fit. Good Luck!

Unregistered
    Obviously, you have learned the secret to being happy while making the lowest money in the tricounty area. Is it because the leadership of the city is of the same race as you? Does that make it all better for you? See that's what I can't relate to. If I could snap my fingers and they were all suddenly white, it wouldn't make a difference to me if we were still at the bottom of the pay scale in the tricounty area. I also would not be ok with it just because they were the same race as me. The current commission squandered the reserve that they inherited, and has now placed the city in over 150 million in debt. Between now and October 1st they are running an 23.5 million dollar deficit - and they expected the city employees to cover it. Obviously, because they are the same race as you, you are ok with that. Because I'm a different race I need to go someplace else and start over at the bottom? Maybe you are the racist here!

Unregistered
    Every time there is a black leader or a group of black leaders running the show things become corrupt. Miami Gardens, Detroit, Chicago. Not bashing black leadership. I’m bashing the blacks that use there race or democratic ties as a crutch.

Unregistered
    Obviously, you have learned the secret to being happy while making the lowest money in the tricounty area. Is it because the leadership of the city is of the same race as you? Does that make it all better for you? See that's what I can't relate to. If I could snap my fingers and they were all suddenly white, it wouldn't make a difference to me if we were still at the bottom of the pay scale in the tricounty area. I also would not be ok with it just because they were the same race as me. The current commission squandered the reserve that they inherited, and has now placed the city in over 150 million in debt. Between now and October 1st they are running an 23.5 million dollar deficit - and they expected the city employees to cover it. Obviously, because they are the same race as you, you are ok with that. Because I'm a different race I need to go someplace else and start over at the bottom? Maybe you are the racist here!
    I simply gave you a solution to a problem you are ranting about. Rest assured without a doubt that the City will not change for you. The city and its administration (no matter how incompetent) is what it is and you can accept that or move on. So when I offer my input because it isnt what want to hear, I am a racist? F*CK YOU!

Unregistered
    This all black commission and city hall has given us nothing. Nothing but hatred for police and now they want to take money from our pockets. Does nobody else see this but a few of us cmon people wake up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast