“No furloughs at this time”
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

“No furloughs at this time”

Do you all know it’s still coming? And if it doesn’t at the very least we won’t see a raise for 7 years again. ****ing trash.

Unregistered
    They got some tricks hiding for us don’t let your guard down! But also they are gonna screw us all somehow they will find a way.

Unregistered

Ok

So no raise and still the lowest paid and with a threat of furlough possibly again?

Unregistered
    Part time arts and education department makes $80 grand a year. Yup, I said part time.
    Director of "cultural" affairs makes $143,000 a year and their assistant makes $114,000 a year.
    Miramar really does know how to hide their hidden racist agendas by using certain terminologies while screwing over the tax payers.
    You guys are the stinky armpit of Florida (and probably the country) right now and it's bound to get worse.

Unregistered
    If you were thinking about leaving you are right they said they will not be hiring and laying off. But they don’t have to lay-off since we know officers are leaving already.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you were thinking about leaving you are right they said they will not be hiring and laying off. But they don’t have to lay-off since we know officers are leaving already.
    If they are going to lay off any city workers, they need to start with laying off permanently the commissioners assistants, closing the cultural arts center and furloughing all of the staff including the Director. Reduce the commissioners pay and eliminate their $80,000 event fund (for each one).

Unregistered

CRO's & Elementary SRO's Vital

If they do begin layoffs, or at least not filling vacant positions, they need to make sure of one thing: keep CRO's & SRO's fully staffed. We could go down to only two officers per shift, one east & one west. So what if calls for service hold, or we have delayed responses to crimes in progress. We need to keep our priorities straight: CRO's & Elementary SRO's should not have to deal with law enforcement issues. All that matters is that if four elderly people, who go to bed at 7:00 PM, have a so-called crime watch type of meeting, we need to send at least four CRO's to that meeting. Remember, they are the "eyes and ears of the Miramar Police Department, without them we can do nothing." In elementary school cafeterias kids have been known to throw a French Fry at somebody once in a while. In order to prevent a mini food fight we must have a paid armed police officer standing there. So in Summation, 41's, 21's, 30's, 38's, 39's, 4's, 3's, 33's, 34's, ..... etc can hold. The vital work of CRO's and Elementary SRO'S must go on.

Unregistered

Fluffers

If they do begin layoffs, or at least not filling vacant positions, they need to make sure of one thing: keep CRO's & SRO's fully staffed. We could go down to only two officers per shift, one east & one west. So what if calls for service hold, or we have delayed responses to crimes in progress. We need to keep our priorities straight: CRO's & Elementary SRO's should not have to deal with law enforcement issues. All that matters is that if four elderly people, who go to bed at 7:00 PM, have a so-called crime watch type of meeting, we need to send at least four CRO's to that meeting. Remember, they are the "eyes and ears of the Miramar Police Department, without them we can do nothing." In elementary school cafeterias kids have been known to throw a French Fry at somebody once in a while. In order to prevent a mini food fight we must have a paid armed police officer standing there. So in Summation, 41's, 21's, 30's, 38's, 39's, 4's, 3's, 33's, 34's, ..... etc can hold. The vital work of CRO's and Elementary SRO'S must go on.
    I'm very sorry, I used codes in the above post. I'm sure that this must cause confusion for command staff. A 41 is a robbery a 41-0 is an armed robbery; 21 is burglary; 30 is theft; 38 is domestic disturbance; 39 is neighbor disturbance; 4 is vehicle crash; 3 is hit & run vehicle crash; 33 is shooting; 34 is stabbing, etc. We know that the higher up you get in the command staff food chain less you know about these things and what radio codes even are. There was a time when police chiefs knew that handling these types of events was the core mission of law enforcement agencies. Today the core mission seems to be just having CRO and SRO fluffers running around doing fluff. So again I'm sorry I used actual law enforcement radio codes and caused confusion. It just dawned on me, maybe you upper food chain command staff important people have forgotten what a police radio is or does. Maybe I can explain that latter.

Unregistered
    If they are going to lay off any city workers, they need to start with laying off permanently the commissioners assistants, closing the cultural arts center and furloughing all of the staff including the Director. Reduce the commissioners pay and eliminate their $80,000 event fund (for each one).
    That right there saves about $4-5 million annually! And SHOULD be done.

Unregistered
    Guys and gals leave now to Bso or boca the take home on the checks is ridiculous. Do you want to make less than 2 grand no-weekly for the next 10 years because they got no money to give! They spent it all. There will be no more specialized unit movement guaranteed. Don’t let anyone tell you about pension that suck 20/80 or 20/75 of what crap Pay we have now means nothing compared to details and ot and money in your pocket in a different pension system . The life in Miramar is not sustainable not to mention the commissioners hate police and everything we do.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast