Hey Police and Fire. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What are you guys giving up to be #Inthisthingtogether? Now that all of us except for you guys are taking furlough days. Asking for a friend.
    Go suck ass, you donkey. You are not out there risking your life like we are. We are not all in this together. I bet you have weekends off and an office job that gives you 0 contact with gen pop. Ooooo... furlough days. Be thankful you even have a job. We are going to get hit very hard and guess what? We won't complain because life goes on and we have a job to do. Go get a job at Publix on the weekends to make up the lost income. Coochie face.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You mean when we took salary freezes and automatic 5% steps were eliminated and our general employee pension was decimated? Yeah, I remember that crisis. We thought we had balls and went to impasse and got screwed. I am just saying. We are one big family but we take cuts and our people laid off and you guys demand raises and are getting upset because there is no overtime? How selfish can you be?
    You can't possibly be serious making a comparison between a salary freeze and steps eliminated with a 5% "Pay Cut" for 18 months? Blame your union for going to impasse, not Police/Fire. Additionally, we are "Essential Employees", you are not. Why would the city furlough people who can't take a day off during any crisis, can have our shifts and days off adjusted whenever/however the city wants and certainly can't work from home like you probably are right now. Not to mention the danger/liability associated with our job. I was forced to work 52 straight hours during Hurricane Irma in 2017. While you were home with your family, mine was home without me. THAT'S WHY WE DON'T GET FURLOUGHED!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12