BSO Takeover?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BSO Takeover?

Unregistered

BSO Takeover?

Word on the street that a merger is now being discussed. Any news on this? I hope so. This place blows

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Word on the street that a merger is now being discussed. Any news on this? I hope so. This place blows
    The city could not afford a contract with BSO! End of story!

Unregistered
    You do understand you are not guaranteed a position if that happens. BSO doesn't need 200 more do nothing crybabies.

Unregistered
    You do understand you are not guaranteed a position if that happens. BSO doesn't need 200 more do nothing crybabies.
    That’s not true necessarily. BSO is about 300 deputies short I hear. I for one would welcome the change. Small town agencies aren’t always better imo.

Unregistered
    That’s not true necessarily. BSO is about 300 deputies short I hear. I for one would welcome the change. Small town agencies aren’t always better imo.
    First, the city cannot afford a contract for service with BSO
    Second, no you are not guaranteed a position.
    Third, Toney and the county commission said no more contract cities
    Fourth, you still end up working for DW as district commander as he is nuts with Toney

Unregistered
    First, the city cannot afford a contract for service with BSO
    Second, no you are not guaranteed a position.
    Third, Toney and the county commission said no more contract cities
    Fourth, you still end up working for DW as district commander as he is nuts with Toney
    He is buddies with Toney (who isn't going anywhere anytime soon)

Unregistered

C’mon over

As a contract city, Miramar would save a ton of money merging with BSO. The biggest advantage is that BSO is self insured and takes on all the liability for LE mishaps like shootings, crashes, bad arrests, etc. One shooting could crush a city. Ask the City of Pompano Beach.

BSO has never fired anyone during a merger. They take everyone. Yes, those with cool jobs like SWAT, Training, some detectives, the do nothing “community policing” guys, may lose their sweet gigs. Of course some high paid bosses, may be eliminated but not grunts. I could see Miramar run like Pompano. A Major as chief, two captains, a bunch of Lt’s and so on.

Anyone wanting to transfer out of Miramar could likely do so to one of BSO’s many openings. Without wiping out the the city all at once, of course. They usually swap out a handful of people anyway.

No one cares what Toney the Murderer says. He’s not our sheriff. He will be gone before a merger could be worked out anyway.

Not sure if this would play out as it has in past but you would likely get the option of staying in your city pension, or coming over to FRS. Now FRS isn’t what it was but if you are a 15 year MPD guy, you could retire in 5 years, start collecting your city pension, then jump into FRS, get in the investment side, and have BSO put 17% into your own second pension. Work another 10 years and have another $100-200k to play with. Or choose the defined benefit and get a small second pension. There are options.

C’mon Miramar, push for a merger. Get Hallandale too and BSO will have the whole county line locked down.

They likely would NOT keep your chief. He’d be on the screet. Unless he’s a person of color, then they’ll make him a major in charge of staplers and pens.

Sorry to hear about the pending furloughs. Sounds like your city manager has very poor financial skills. Take you furlough day and follow it up with a sick day. They’ll have to pay someone overtime. Win, win!

Unregistered
    No thanks...not big on the FRS.

Unregistered
    Yes you still need to pass a poly and psyche

Unregistered
    As a contract city, Miramar would save a ton of money merging with BSO. The biggest advantage is that BSO is self insured and takes on all the liability for LE mishaps like shootings, crashes, bad arrests, etc. One shooting could crush a city. Ask the City of Pompano Beach.

BSO has never fired anyone during a merger. They take everyone. Yes, those with cool jobs like SWAT, Training, some detectives, the do nothing “community policing” guys, may lose their sweet gigs. Of course some high paid bosses, may be eliminated but not grunts. I could see Miramar run like Pompano. A Major as chief, two captains, a bunch of Lt’s and so on.

Anyone wanting to transfer out of Miramar could likely do so to one of BSO’s many openings. Without wiping out the the city all at once, of course. They usually swap out a handful of people anyway.

No one cares what Toney the Murderer says. He’s not our sheriff. He will be gone before a merger could be worked out anyway.

Not sure if this would play out as it has in past but you would likely get the option of staying in your city pension, or coming over to FRS. Now FRS isn’t what it was but if you are a 15 year MPD guy, you could retire in 5 years, start collecting your city pension, then jump into FRS, get in the investment side, and have BSO put 17% into your own second pension. Work another 10 years and have another $100-200k to play with. Or choose the defined benefit and get a small second pension. There are options.

C’mon Miramar, push for a merger. Get Hallandale too and BSO will have the whole county line locked down.

They likely would NOT keep your chief. He’d be on the screet. Unless he’s a person of color, then they’ll make him a major in charge of staplers and pens.

Sorry to hear about the pending furloughs. Sounds like your city manager has very poor financial skills. Take you furlough day and follow it up with a sick day. They’ll have to pay someone overtime. Win, win!
    Again lets talk facts! There is no merger with BSO. The county will evaluate the request for services from the city and develop a "bill" per se. If the city agrees, the city will pay the county monthly,quarterly or yearly for the services. Thats how that works! There is no merger and the city of Miramar cannot afford a contract with BSO.

The biggest kay-bash on this whole scenario is that the County Commissioners have said clearly "NO MORE CONTRACT CITIES!"

I guess my question to the poster is have you been in on a contract city negotiations? or are you just talking out of your ass? Its not a knock, its a legit question.

Not all personnel from contract cities are absorbed into BSO's system. Over a period of the first year each employee is evaluated and examined to see if they fit and comply with BSO's policies and requirements. Talk to Wayne over a BSOs Cooper City. Senior Deputies that were employed by BSO were able to grab positions in CC over employees that worked in CC. Some were reassigned to the jail and corrections, some to Sistrunk Pompano and Unincorporated Broward areas.

This folks is the reality! Call BSO Personnel and ask them before you listen. Original poster: TELL THESE PEOPLE THE TRUTH!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast