Deland PD Chief gets smacked down from the Deputies Union - Page 3
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    It’s always the same players on here finding fault with everything either the Sheriff doesn’t or union. Maybe, the union should have just sat on the roadside like DeLand PD and did nothing.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s always the same players on here finding fault with everything either the Sheriff doesn’t or union. Maybe, the union should have just sat on the roadside like DeLand PD and did nothing.
    Brodie huge was busy and couldn't do anything when it went down. He is supposedly challenging joey chestnut in the hot dog eating contest

Unregistered
    Or maybe they should have followed their own policy on pursuits. Doesn't surprise me that Chitty allows you guys a chance to play cops n robbers during an election year. You know, good for publicity. Publicity over policy. Always remember PERF and the directives.
    Is it really so bad that a local Chief promises transparency to his city and people who elected him.
    Chitwood should take a page out of the Chiefs playbook to understand how transparency and honesty work. Is it wrong to set the record straight.
    One thing that cannot be disputed. Chief Umberger inherited a cancer, whereas Chitwood spread the cancer. Who has a record of getting rid of the bad apples? Who has a record of retaining the the bad apples? Who has retention issues and who does not? Why are deputies fleeing VSO for greener pastures? I bet VSO has a greater percentage of losses than any other agency in Florida!
    Maybe Brodie should have considered a more appropriate letter to the VSO deputies during police appreciation week. Maybe he should be concerned about the deputies he actually represents, rather than defending the cancerous growth called Sheriff Chitwood. The truth hurts sometimes.
    So was the Chief complacent for not mentioning the stellar job the deputies acted on? Maybe, we will have to wait for the FDLE investigation to conclude to make that assessment. Was the Chief wrong to not state he was glad that all deputies emerged unscathed, Probably.
    And as far as the deputies having to live with their decisions, tighten up lightweights! You cannot moonlight as a soldier/warrior if you are merely a guardian. Think of it this way, luckily a civilian or deputy wasn't hurt or worse. Statistics say it is only a matter of time. I wonder who the Sheriff will blame then? That would be one of you, because it certainly won't be Mr. Chitwood, believe that! Brody will be busy covering him while you are thrown to the wolves of public scrutiny. Have a great weekend everyone.

Unregistered
    Or maybe they should have followed their own policy on pursuits. Doesn't surprise me that Chitty allows you guys a chance to play cops n robbers during an election year. You know, good for publicity. Publicity over policy. Always remember PERF and the directives.
    Is it really so bad that a local Chief promises transparency to his city and people who elected him.
    Chitwood should take a page out of the Chiefs playbook to understand how transparency and honesty work. Is it wrong to set the record straight.
    One thing that cannot be disputed. Chief Umberger inherited a cancer, whereas Chitwood spread the cancer. Who has a record of getting rid of the bad apples? Who has a record of retaining the the bad apples? Who has retention issues and who does not? Why are deputies fleeing VSO for greener pastures? I bet VSO has a greater percentage of losses than any other agency in Florida!
    Maybe Brodie should have considered a more appropriate letter to the VSO deputies during police appreciation week. Maybe he should be concerned about the deputies he actually represents, rather than defending the cancerous growth called Sheriff Chitwood. The truth hurts sometimes.
    So was the Chief complacent for not mentioning the stellar job the deputies acted on? Maybe, we will have to wait for the FDLE investigation to conclude to make that assessment. Was the Chief wrong to not state he was glad that all deputies emerged unscathed, Probably.
    And as far as the deputies having to live with their decisions, tighten up lightweights! You cannot moonlight as a soldier/warrior if you are merely a guardian. Think of it this way, luckily a civilian or deputy wasn't hurt or worse. Statistics say it is only a matter of time. I wonder who the Sheriff will blame then? That would be one of you, because it certainly won't be Mr. Chitwood, believe that! Brody will be busy covering him while you are thrown to the wolves of public scrutiny. Have a great weekend everyone.
    The cancer is you always having to ridicule everything VSO does because you don’t like the Sheriff. There’s never a happy medium with you because of your hatred. You were on here just awhile ago saying the union doesn’t do enough. It always changes just to bash like with Barker’s opinion. You seem to always go as far and defend the criminal element because of your lack of objectivity. The VSO and the union gave you smack down coverage you can count on!

Unregistered
    The cancer is you always having to ridicule everything VSO does because you don’t like the Sheriff. There’s never a happy medium with you because of your hatred. You were on here just awhile ago saying the union doesn’t do enough. It always changes just to bash like with Barker’s opinion. You seem to always go as far and defend the criminal element because of your lack of objectivity. The VSO and the union gave you smack down coverage you can count on!
    But lets remember this important fact. You cannot spell HYpoCrITe without chity.

Unregistered
    Have you noticed on the social media accounts the large percentage of people don’t share these viewpoints. It’s always usually a few select trolls that have a problem with the Sheriff for various reasons. Logic would dictate if there really was this huge problem with turnover or issues with policies being violated, there would be a high outcry for the removal of the Sheriff. Former credible deputies would go on the record and write a letter or the union would have a vote of no confidence. However, as usual, it’s the same trolls that if they keep repeating something, their hope it becomes true. Looks like a bunch of children with personal grudges to me.

Unregistered
    Have you noticed on the social media accounts the large percentage of people don’t share these viewpoints. It’s always usually a few select trolls that have a problem with the Sheriff for various reasons. Logic would dictate if there really was this huge problem with turnover or issues with policies being violated, there would be a high outcry for the removal of the Sheriff. Former credible deputies would go on the record and write a letter or the union would have a vote of no confidence. However, as usual, it’s the same trolls that if they keep repeating something, their hope it becomes true. Looks like a bunch of children with personal grudges to me.
    Looks to me like in 2017 and 2018 they had a bunch of deputies retire. I think this personnel shortage is why Chitwood hired the G4S company for courthouse security. I think it is why they have guardians in the school system for safety, which came after the letter Chitwood sent (file MJC/kg/040L0159.18) failed to bring any type of response.

Unregistered
    Where are all these overwhelmingly negative exit interviews citing it’s Sheriff Chitwood is the reason why they left or wouldn’t work for VSO again because of Chitwood? Where are all these massive exit interviews citing a hostile work environments? I’ll wait and I’ll bet I keep waiting like waiting for smash mouth information from the main troll. Meaning, it doesn’t exist or follow through. When you constantly overplaying your cards, you keep looking more foolish each day like the blogger.

Unregistered
    I would disagree. And the fact that you cannot offer any substance to my being a cancer other than pointing out known facts affirms this. It isn't hatred, it is a factual basis of opinion and the fact that I have a brain and eyes. You can avoid the facts and policy all you want, when something bad happens you will be forced to answer. Public trust is not exactly at all time high.

Unregistered
    Where are all these overwhelmingly negative exit interviews citing it’s Sheriff Chitwood is the reason why they left or wouldn’t work for VSO again because of Chitwood? Where are all these massive exit interviews citing a hostile work environments? I’ll wait and I’ll bet I keep waiting like waiting for smash mouth information from the main troll. Meaning, it doesn’t exist or follow through. When you constantly overplaying your cards, you keep looking more foolish each day like the blogger.
    Randy. I get why you like Chitwood. If I was safe and secure at training instead of humping calls I would feel the same way.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast