Employment - difficult?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

William676

Employment - difficult?

6 year veteran officer from ND here. Looking to move to the area in 10 months. Applied to the EOT program at St Pete College and should take the state exam in November after the 2-week course. A few of the officers I’ve spoken to down there says it’s next to impossible to get in with Tampa. I see I can’t apply until after I pass the state exam. Worked for a city of 40,000 and I’ve been on patrol for the 6 years - I’m a DRE as well. Will be putting in an application but wondering if this rumor is true. Thanks!

Unregistered

Apply ASAP

No we hire. Don’t worry about it and apply. TPD is highest paid and best pension anywhere. I have been at TPD for 20 years and don’t regret it.

Unregistered
    We hire, definitely apply! Sometimes are hiring classes take time before starting but it’s worth it.

William676
    Thanks Guys! Excited to put in.

william676
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No we hire. Don’t worry about it and apply. TPD is highest paid and best pension anywhere. I have been at TPD for 20 years and don’t regret it.
    Do I need to wait until I pass the state exam to apply? Or is being registered for the class and exam enough to at least start the hiring process? I understand from experience the process can take up to 9 months

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by william676 View Post
    Do I need to wait until I pass the state exam to apply? Or is being registered for the class and exam enough to at least start the hiring process? I understand from experience the process can take up to 9 months
    Contact recruiting. I’ve heard it going both ways. I’m with the SO but trying to get on with Tampa myself. TPD is competitive to get on for a lot of good reasons but get yourself out there. Being a pre-cert and a clean prior career should be a big plus. Good luck.

Unregistered
    Hopefully they put new hiring group in ASAP

Unregistered

Best agency in USA

TPD has been unbelievably good to my family. I do not regret working at TPD. I’m in my 20th year and just dropped. Good luck and hurry up

Unregistered
    Any word on the new hire?

Unregistered
    Wow, what a difference 17 days makes.

TPD has melted down and the city was in flames. Staff has abandoned the officers.

I would try the fire department.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast