Autism awareness badge
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Autism awareness badge

I saw a Miami Police Officer today wearing their version of the Autism awareness badge. We have several department personnel that have autistic children besides the public we serve in general. Would be nice to be able to represent the cause while wearing our uniforms. Our Deputy Sheriff version came out very nice. Just a thought and suggestion.

Unregistered

“Make us whole” awareness badge

I think we should all wear a “Make us whole” badge (maybe has a 3% on it to represent what FRS is still taking from us) to bring attention to the fact that the Dept has spent tons of money on Tasers (4 different purchases / versions,) BWC (2 different purchases / versions,) BWC holster accessories, laptops & mounts (2 different purchases / versions), handheld radios (different purchases / versions), glocks, ARs, etc, etc, etc but there is never any money for much overdue raises; not to mention all the money the county dishes out yearly for defunct & obsolete programs.

We took it like a champ when the economy tanked, we were never made whole during some of the best economic years recently, & now will probably get railed again because of the current economic situation.

Let’s forget about badges, bickering, & gossip for now and concentrate on getting what we’re owed.

Stay focused & safe

Unregistered
    I saw a Police Car from a Municipality on I-95. It was all decked out with the Autism jigsaw piece thing they have. Don’t remember the Dept. Looked pretty cool.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think we should all wear a “Make us whole” badge (maybe has a 3% on it to represent what FRS is still taking from us) to bring attention to the fact that the Dept has spent tons of money on Tasers (4 different purchases / versions,) BWC (2 different purchases / versions,) BWC holster accessories, laptops & mounts (2 different purchases / versions), handheld radios (different purchases / versions), glocks, ARs, etc, etc, etc but there is never any money for much overdue raises; not to mention all the money the county dishes out yearly for defunct & obsolete programs.

We took it like a champ when the economy tanked, we were never made whole during some of the best economic years recently, & now will probably get railed again because of the current economic situation.

Let’s forget about badges, bickering, & gossip for now and concentrate on getting what we’re owed.

Stay focused & safe
    man your response to the topic is way off. That’s another topic. The poster is just expressing how as a Police Dept maybe we should also jump onboard about a cause and you bring this post that belongs on a different title. Sounds like you just ran over the poster’s thought and made your replay about money.
    Smh

Unregistered

Stay focused & safe
    Most state Employees pay a contribution. We were the few and the rare that don’t. Gov skelator stuck his foot in and now the door is open to a door that was as strong as a bank vault. The taxpayers that aren’t LEOs will have no sympathy.

Unregistered
    I saw a Police Car from a Municipality on I-95. It was all decked out with the Autism jigsaw piece thing they have. Don’t remember the Dept. Looked pretty cool.
    I saw it as well, I think it was Doral PD..cool looking

Unregistered
    I saw NMB police car, kudos to them. We have to bring our game up.

Unregistered
    The pink is important like any other cause but, seems more like a buisness today. Every section in our Dept selling everything pink and allowing the pink badge wearing in the uniform and all and the pink police cars, dump trucks, fire engines or ambulances. Damn this seems like a big time pink wash as they call it. Making money. Pink wash is making money off the cause

Unregistered

Stay focused & safe
    You should stay focused. You are out of line in your selfish post. We all want what you are talking about but, poster is just mentioning about maybe his or someone else’s children. Don’t be like that, stop thinking about yourself, we have it good even without the wanted or deserved raise. Try on a different pair of shoes. See many ppl are without jobs and are using relief money not to pay the roof but, to feed their kids. We have it good, seriously

Unregistered
    We are cops not social justice warriors. Leave the awareness campaigns at home. Our job is to fight evil plan and simple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast