THIS is what a REAL cop looks like - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sounds like this cop is trying to insight a revolution against the government and what he proceeds as unjust laws. No one likes this situation but you can’t just do what you want in uniform and not have repercussions. Suggestions, turn in your badge and become a spokesperson for the media.
    LMAO.. oh, by all means, PLEASE tell me how honoring the oath to defend the Constitution given to you by the very government you contend he is trying to "insight a revolution" against and asked to sign by this very same government is in any way wrong. I'll wait. If you don't have the balls like this guy does to honor the oath you swore too, then you are a major puzzy. Every last one of you.

Unregistered
    When an officer wears the uniform and the badge, he is paid to abide by the wishes and policies of the employing agency. He is not paid to express his personal political opinions. In this instance, the officer used the city's uniform, badge, vehicle and other city-owned accoutrements as a backdrop in his video to support his political views -- and the city did not approve of that -- which is why the officer was asked to take-down his video. The city may dictate when and how their property may or may not be used. If the officer refuses to abide by the wishes of his employer (e.g. to take down the video that shows city-owned property), then punitive action may potentially be taken against him. Conversely, if the officer had made the exact same political statement, without using city-owned property as a backdrop, then the city would not be able to take punitive action against him for his political statements because his opinions would be protected under the First Amendment. In this instance, the officer is being threatened with punitive sanctions because he used city-owned property in a political statement.
    Hey dumb****, did you not READ the oath you swore to when they gave you that badge?

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will SUPPORT, PROTECT, and DEFEND the CONSTITUTION and
    Government of the United States and of the State of Florida; that I am duly qualified to hold
    office under the Constitution of the State, and that I will well and faithfully perform the duties of Deputy Sheriff on
    which I am now about to enter, so help me God."

Do you even know what the Constitution is or what it says? Did you just sign the oath having no idea what a "constitution" is? Are you really that stupid? Never mind, your post answered that question clearly.

Unregistered
    Bob would definitely fire anyone who would be dumb enough to pull the same stunt here.
    Yeah, we all know that Bob doesn't give a lying fuk about the Constitution.

Unregistered
    I think the orders are debatable. We give a degree of power to governments even at the local level to manage certain situations. Pandemics and foreign invasions are the two situations I can think of where we would enforce stuff like this. With this whole mess I think it was heavy handed and foolish in some states, while others seemed a little less hysterical in the response. I think weve been somewhere in the middle in florida.

I'm torn on this guy. I agree with a loy of his sentiments, but as I stated I think webgrant local/state government a degree of authority to manage emergencies. Thats baked into our system. The debate needs to take place on how far they take it, but thats not for us to debate in uniform, during work, etc.

He didnt seem ti have a problem clocking in and taking a paycheck from the tyrannical government he is lamenting. He doesnt appear to have stepped in and stopped these unlawful arrests he is ranting about. Seems to me he went along, got his check, and out everyone else on blast.

I dont agree with how the whole thing was handled. But i have the benefit of hindsight now. 45 days ago it was looking pretty grim and the models looked pretty stark. Now that we have some more science and data to look at, most governments are relaxing their management if the crisis. Obviously he is in Seattle on the left coast. Most blue run states appear to be worse off, and much more heavy handed in their response.

This guys rant, like all political discourse these days, seems to me to be pretty one size fits all in its approach. How do you quote the constitution and then ignore the fact that human beings are individuals? He is assigning blanket blame to faceless peers and saying theyre all tyrants in his video. That seems a little sh**ty to me. There are plenty of individuals on the street that are exercising discretion and managing the crisis quietly. They dont all need to fire up their smart phone and get on the world stage to soak up attention and gofundme dollars.

I wish the guy well. Hopefully he finds a profession that works for him. I dont think we should celebrate losing a guy like him either.

Unregistered
    This is what a really dumb former cop looks like.

Unregistered
    LMAO.. oh, by all means, PLEASE tell me how honoring the oath to defend the Constitution given to you by the very government you contend he is trying to "insight a revolution" against and asked to sign by this very same government is in any way wrong. I'll wait. If you don't have the balls like this guy does to honor the oath you swore too, then you are a major puzzy. Every last one of you.
    Go manage your register at Home Depot 🖕

Unregistered
    Hey dumb****, did you not READ the oath you swore to when they gave you that badge?

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will SUPPORT, PROTECT, and DEFEND the CONSTITUTION and
    Government of the United States and of the State of Florida; that I am duly qualified to hold
    office under the Constitution of the State, and that I will well and faithfully perform the duties of Deputy Sheriff on
    which I am now about to enter, so help me God."

Do you even know what the Constitution is or what it says? Did you just sign the oath having no idea what a "constitution" is? Are you really that stupid? Never mind, your post answered that question clearly.
    Let’s see, um, yes we are fully aware of what that means. However, that doesn’t mean film yourself on duty in uniform in your agency cruiser and spout off your feelings about what you believe other agencies or officers are doing. Enforcing a Governor’s order is not defying the Constitution dumb ass. There are actual statutes that are designed for that very thing. Maybe some agencies are more heavy handed than others. Our agency has been very conservative in enforcing that order. To a fault in fact. But that doesn’t make any of this unconstitutional at all. The fact that the SAO no files the one and only person our agency arrested doesn’t solidify your position either. By statute we could have arresting the hell out of people all over the county. And we didn’t. But when you spout off on duty you get what you ask for. If this guy felt so strongly maybe he should have declined to enforce a particular arrest and publicize that. But he didn’t, did he? Nope. He just posted a rant condemning other law enforcement officers about what he felt they were doing. That’s stupid. He asked for it, he got it. He could have aid the same thing off duty and not had the same heat. When you are in uniform you represent the agency, not your own personal political beliefs. I know Constitution Experts like you won’t believe that, and I could give a **** what you think you know. Name the case where the US Constitution was violated there smart guy. Cuz the unemployed former cop didn’t give a factual example. He just talks about how his feelings were hurt by what he believes was happening. If that’s not inciting defiance of lawful orders by other LEO’s is then I don’t know what is. He picked the wrong job to be a political mouthpiece. And I doubt you ever wore a badge. Dumbass.

Unregistered
    Trump declared a national emergency so this law kicked into play:

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/98-505.pdf

The former cop has nearly $400k in GoFund Me contributions. Shows the size of the lunatic fringe in this country.

Unregistered
    Let’s see, um, yes we are fully aware of what that means. However, that doesn’t mean film yourself on duty in uniform in your agency cruiser and spout off your feelings about what you believe other agencies or officers are doing. Enforcing a Governor’s order is not defying the Constitution dumb ass. There are actual statutes that are designed for that very thing. Maybe some agencies are more heavy handed than others. Our agency has been very conservative in enforcing that order. To a fault in fact. But that doesn’t make any of this unconstitutional at all. The fact that the SAO no files the one and only person our agency arrested doesn’t solidify your position either. By statute we could have arresting the hell out of people all over the county. And we didn’t. But when you spout off on duty you get what you ask for. If this guy felt so strongly maybe he should have declined to enforce a particular arrest and publicize that. But he didn’t, did he? Nope. He just posted a rant condemning other law enforcement officers about what he felt they were doing. That’s stupid. He asked for it, he got it. He could have aid the same thing off duty and not had the same heat. When you are in uniform you represent the agency, not your own personal political beliefs. I know Constitution Experts like you won’t believe that, and I could give a **** what you think you know. Name the case where the US Constitution was violated there smart guy. Cuz the unemployed former cop didn’t give a factual example. He just talks about how his feelings were hurt by what he believes was happening. If that’s not inciting defiance of lawful orders by other LEO’s is then I don’t know what is. He picked the wrong job to be a political mouthpiece. And I doubt you ever wore a badge. Dumbass.
    You said "Enforcing a Governor’s order is not defying the Constitution dumb ass". So I guess you proved that you DON'T know what the Constitution says or means. Desantis NEVER said to close ANY businesses. He said so himself on camera. That was all Bob's idea. Arresting business owners was his idea too.

Unregistered
    Bob is a lawyer. He knows the laws. He knows the US Constitution is like the agency General Orders. They are guidelines and suggestions subject to his interpretation. That's all they are and that's all they will ever be. Bob said so under oath in court. Bob never lies and is always right. Get used to it. If you don't like it leave.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12