south shooting - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: south shooting

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I guess you missed the part where I wrote "Class B with no cuffs, no taser or extra mags?" & "no shoulder mic". We've all seen them, they're too cool to wear proper Class B. They put everyone at risk. And to your point, you don't always anticipate the need for 315s.
    Add to that No BWC and while they jump in and hit & run, you have to do the explaining in your use of dorce report to your supeevisor. That makes for problems too.
    These detectives all talk, lazy, act like old school but dumb like new rookies or worse. How do they get upstairs? Too dangerous on the road where really calls and work happen. They go upstairs to keep safe. Same everywhere. Everyone seeing what a joke being a detective is. Means you don't know enough, so do focused small repetitive generic tasks, file, repeat.

Unregistered
    I guess you missed the part where I wrote "Class B with no cuffs, no taser or extra mags?" & "no shoulder mic". We've all seen them, they're too cool to wear proper Class B. They put everyone at risk. And to your point, you don't always anticipate the need for 315s.
    And of course there is no excuse to be under-equipped at any off duty job or OT detail covered by detectives. I’ve seen them with their Glock 26 and bare belt. No cuffs. No intermediate weapon. Whatever, that’s on them. Are they a danger to us all? Absolutely. Have some of them been sitting around in the AC for too long? Yes.
    All you can do if you’re a real detective or COP is be in the right gear for the job and have the right mindset and the right demeanor on the scene. Some people would rather be cool than prepared.
    But the time to advise 315s is absolutely not in the middle of a fight with a subject. Unless you’re safely at some distance. The only thing the radio is good for at that moment is to bash him in the face with it.
    Use of Force report? Investigation? BWC? So what?Would you rather get beaten by a dirtbag? Or worse?
    Let ‘em Monday Morning QB all night. F-them.
    This philosophy has served me well for well over 20 years. It will never change. They may want you to THINK you need to change. But as long as you do your work, even a beatdown in the line of duty or a shooting or an in-custody death is QRU once the smoke clears.
    The problem is too many little b—-hes talking s—t behind your back. Don’t worry about the brass, worry about your 15s out there spreading haterade.

Unregistered
    And of course there is no excuse to be under-equipped at any off duty job or OT detail covered by detectives. I’ve seen them with their Glock 26 and bare belt. No cuffs. No intermediate weapon. Whatever, that’s on them. Are they a danger to us all? Absolutely. Have some of them been sitting around in the AC for too long? Yes.
    All you can do if you’re a real detective or COP is be in the right gear for the job and have the right mindset and the right demeanor on the scene. Some people would rather be cool than prepared.
    But the time to advise 315s is absolutely not in the middle of a fight with a subject. Unless you’re safely at some distance. The only thing the radio is good for at that moment is to bash him in the face with it.
    Use of Force report? Investigation? BWC? So what?Would you rather get beaten by a dirtbag? Or worse?
    Let ‘em Monday Morning QB all night. F-them.
    This philosophy has served me well for well over 20 years. It will never change. They may want you to THINK you need to change. But as long as you do your work, even a beatdown in the line of duty or a shooting or an in-custody death is QRU once the smoke clears.
    The problem is too many little b—-hes talking s—t behind your back. Don’t worry about the brass, worry about your 15s out there spreading haterade.
    The Old Motorola brick radios were awesome, pre 1997, before going to the current digital radios.

Unregistered
    If true, what a shame. I worked cutler ridge GIU for almost 10 years. We were regarded as one of the best GIU’s in the county at that time. Solid group of guys. The best assignment in my 25 years so far. Unfortunately when Byrd became major and other things changed, it was time to go. Sorry to hear that unit being spoken of that way.

Unregistered

South is full of idiots !

None follow radio procedure, half the time they din’t even know where they are, all they do is cherry pick their calls buncha cowards. When someone gets shot maybe then they will sdfu and stay off the air with all that bullshit talking

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12