Reading children's books!?!? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I made the original post here. I just moved to East Lake in Pinellas County from Texas, after finishing 25 years of service in the military. I spent 25 years coming down here to visit my now very very elderly folks on and off and I remember a TOTALLY different PCSO than this playground now. I just see how this Equal Opportunity, Politically Correct and Storytime nonsense, sets a tone and it's just ridiculous to view. It's all fake garbage. I know how politics works and social media community relations etc. But the point is, when I am looking at the website of my Sheriff's Office (I am now a Pinellas Taxpayer) and want to educate myself on crime patterns, laws, important topics etc., and find Storytime and Meet the 'Women and Minorities' Sorry, I mean 'Meet the Stars'. It's just so plastic. I did find some good info on the site/channel as well but subconsciously now, everytime I see a Deputy Sheriff drive or walk by who looks like they're 15 or can't run 100 yards, I picture story time and just laugh. I guess, that 'fear' of cops is no longer there. And that is a very important aspect. I was always a law abiding citizen/soldier for the most part. But I also, always had in the back of my mind when I was on my own time, that the cops in Texas or 'wherever' would beat my funking azz, if I didn't walk a certain straight line. Now? That fear is not there anymore. And if I feel this way, I'm pretty sure the criminal element feels it even more and that's the real problem.
    This tells me that you applied at the Sheriff's Office and didn't make through the process

Unregistered
    You nailed it. I know a guy who was forced out because he cursed in the jail (not racial) and some inmate complained about him. The place is run by liberals or people who are scared to death of the sheriff who is scared to risk his political career. No backup, you are your own because your COC will sell you out in a heartbeat. Everyone is scared to make a decision.
    This is a lie, NO ONE is ever "forced out" for cursing.

Unregistered
    Sad but very true. See if you can find anyone who even knows what the blue door was.
    BLUE DOOR! bam, oops sorry pal

Unregistered
    I want to see Noble read green eggs and ham.

Unregistered
    I'm 45 years old and have one leg. Disabled Veteran. I didn't apply to work at the sheriff's office here in Pinellas and get rejected. I don't ever have to 'work' again. I have mixed feelings about that. But actually I can probably do a better job physically and psychologically, even with a prosthetic leg, then some of the 'stars' or 'bookreaders'
    I'm still living in a world 20 years ago? That tells me that you're probably 23 years old, a Millennial/Generation Z person or, if you are a Generation X person like myself, you've actually molded yourself into this new breed of ridiculousness, which is even worse.
    I wouldn't say most people disagree with me. I would say most people over age 30 agree with me. The ones that admit or not, that's a whole other story. My research show me, the last time any police officers were killed as a result of violence, in this Tampa Bay Area and died, were 3 in St Petersburg 10 years ago, 3 in Tampa 10 years ago and 1 in Tarpon in 2014. (I didn't include FHP)
    10 years ago, to all of you who think I'm 'outdated' was just like 20 years ago. This new way of rediculous nonsense in law enforcement, didn't really start until 2015-ish. And since 2015, you all haven't had any officer homicides around Tampa Bay, thankfully. Point being, when you go to the funeral for one of your own, who you were just drinking coffee with 8 hours or 8 minutes before they were killed and you really get to reflect on death and why and how etc. You realize that storytime and all of the things I mentioned, is garbage and has no business in law enforcement.
    I wasn't a cop but I was an Enlisted NCO - CWO4 with the USMC and have seen more violent death than any average deputy/officer. Imagine the US Military Websites mirroring the websites of PCSO and other agencies? That's laughable right? Right. But not for the reasons I'm laughing. Being a road deputy, street cop, etc., and a Law Enforcement Agency as a whole, is actually more important than our military IF you look at it in a practical sense. We as soldiers go places, armed to the teeth, knowing what to expect. You all have no idea what could happen. Being a LEO to me, is the most important front line job in the world. It may never be what it should be and maybe it shouldn't be what it was but it definitely shouldn't be, what it has become....

I hope you all stay safe and get the job done. Just understand, as many of you do, that my perception is shared by many. We don't need to go back to the 1970's way of policing. But today's way of 'keeping it fake' is going to all come crumbling down, literally, one way or another.

Unregistered
    This is a lie, NO ONE is ever "forced out" for cursing.

He was told to resign or get fired.

Unregistered
    I'm 45 years old and have one leg. Disabled Veteran. I didn't apply to work at the sheriff's office here in Pinellas and get rejected. I don't ever have to 'work' again. I have mixed feelings about that. But actually I can probably do a better job physically and psychologically, even with a prosthetic leg, then some of the 'stars' or 'bookreaders'
    I'm still living in a world 20 years ago? That tells me that you're probably 23 years old, a Millennial/Generation Z person or, if you are a Generation X person like myself, you've actually molded yourself into this new breed of ridiculousness, which is even worse.
    I wouldn't say most people disagree with me. I would say most people over age 30 agree with me. The ones that admit or not, that's a whole other story. My research show me, the last time any police officers were killed as a result of violence, in this Tampa Bay Area and died, were 3 in St Petersburg 10 years ago, 3 in Tampa 10 years ago and 1 in Tarpon in 2014. (I didn't include FHP)
    10 years ago, to all of you who think I'm 'outdated' was just like 20 years ago. This new way of rediculous nonsense in law enforcement, didn't really start until 2015-ish. And since 2015, you all haven't had any officer homicides around Tampa Bay, thankfully. Point being, when you go to the funeral for one of your own, who you were just drinking coffee with 8 hours or 8 minutes before they were killed and you really get to reflect on death and why and how etc. You realize that storytime and all of the things I mentioned, is garbage and has no business in law enforcement.
    I wasn't a cop but I was an Enlisted NCO - CWO4 with the USMC and have seen more violent death than any average deputy/officer. Imagine the US Military Websites mirroring the websites of PCSO and other agencies? That's laughable right? Right. But not for the reasons I'm laughing. Being a road deputy, street cop, etc., and a Law Enforcement Agency as a whole, is actually more important than our military IF you look at it in a practical sense. We as soldiers go places, armed to the teeth, knowing what to expect. You all have no idea what could happen. Being a LEO to me, is the most important front line job in the world. It may never be what it should be and maybe it shouldn't be what it was but it definitely shouldn't be, what it has become....

I hope you all stay safe and get the job done. Just understand, as many of you do, that my perception is shared by many. We don't need to go back to the 1970's way of policing. But today's way of 'keeping it fake' is going to all come crumbling down, literally, one way or another.
    Sorry to whoever doesn’t want to admit it, but as a 25 year cop, this guy gets it. There was a time when dirt bags, not everyone, had a healthy fear of breaking the law. Not just getting a beat-down when deserved, but fear and respect for the whole CJ system. That is gone and social media “teams” and other BS has definitely help erode the image of many agencies, not just PCSO.

Unregistered
    LMAO. I go to the PCSO site/channel to get info on violent crime and instead, I see all kindsss and sizes and shapes of Deputies, reading silly little children's books on the PCSO Tube Channel? You guys look like a joke. A bunch of splittails, twinks and wangdoodles. Is that the path to promotion? Meet the 'Stars'

LMFAO

https://www.marines.mil/News/News-Di...ille-children/

https://www.google.com/search?q=us+m...b3atzWxKuuwVHM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12