Deleted Thread "Sgt. Bigger than thou" - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I reported it and I'm not the subject or the moderator. I think if you have something to say about someone, then say it to their face. If you have a problem with someone's work performance then address it with their COC. Coming on here and posting anonymously is a b!tch move and accomplishes nothing, except you acting like a 12 year old little girl. Take action if you think someone is neglecting their duties. If you don't have the backbone, then shut the hell up and move along.
    Well it’s like this. This website was created to offer cops a safe and anonymous venue to vent about situations at their agencies. Agencies that would likely retaliate against the person who “said it to their face”. You’re asking a deputy to complain to a sergeant, deserved rank or not, and for them to suffer his wrath. Or they can complain to his lieutenant who is fully aware of what the sergeant does and would likely do nothing. If he did he would be admitting that he failed to supervise. Then they could complain to the captain who just got there and is otherwise invisible to his subordinates. Maybe they could go to the Major and the what? Complain about a sergeant who is ****y, arrogant and lazy? What do you think would happen to that deputy? Maybe this was the only way they could get someone within the command staff to take a closer look at what this sergeant does and how he does it. Maybe that might bring about some actual change without destroying the deputy’s career in the process. And the command staff reads this board all the time. It should be glaringly obvious how bad this sergeant functions. But I bet his evaluations are glowing, sadly.

Unregistered
    Initials and District?

Unregistered
    Well it’s like this. This website was created to offer cops a safe and anonymous venue to vent about situations at their agencies. Agencies that would likely retaliate against the person who “said it to their face”. You’re asking a deputy to complain to a sergeant, deserved rank or not, and for them to suffer his wrath. Or they can complain to his lieutenant who is fully aware of what the sergeant does and would likely do nothing. If he did he would be admitting that he failed to supervise. Then they could complain to the captain who just got there and is otherwise invisible to his subordinates. Maybe they could go to the Major and the what? Complain about a sergeant who is ****y, arrogant and lazy? What do you think would happen to that deputy? Maybe this was the only way they could get someone within the command staff to take a closer look at what this sergeant does and how he does it. Maybe that might bring about some actual change without destroying the deputy’s career in the process. And the command staff reads this board all the time. It should be glaringly obvious how bad this sergeant functions. But I bet his evaluations are glowing, sadly.
    Cool story, bro.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    So why not just remove the post with the violation instead of the whole thread? There’s a thread about a lieutenant that has been up for months and the guy is called everything in the book yet it’s still up...
    The slam that called the person a name was in the original post. When the original post is deleted it deletes the whole thread, probably because the rest of the thread would not make much sense without it. The original post could be reposted if the name calling was left and slams were left out. The post made some good points about a supervisor. I don't know if they are valid or not, that's for all of you to discuss. If you are talking about the Lt DL thread, that was deleted and a new one asking about it started. If it is another one, I don't know what you are talking about.

Report what you see, that's the only way the moderator sees it.
    You are correct. Mod 100 and I generally only see what is reported. If you think something should not be on here, report it. It only takes a few seconds. Plus, if it is more than one post, please report all of the posts that are in violation, otherwise we will probably just delete the one and move on due to the number of reports we get.

Mod, quick question, so finally there is a post that is valid about a poor employee and it’s removed because of “personal spam and name calling?” Is it taken down because the subject the post is referring to got his feelings hurt and complains or did you remove it yourself?
    Mod 100 removed it because someone reported it. 95% of the time the reports are anonymous. This time it was anonymous. So, I don't know if it was the subject of the post or not. I read the report and they did not give any hints that it was about them, and many times they do even when anonymous.

You make a great point. This website was created for cops to vent about aspects of their job and agencies without fear of reprisal. I do ask that when you do it though, that you do it within the Terms of Use and not slam anyone.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Unregistered
    Well said. If it’s my last day employed I would have no problem informing this subject (to his face) of what I think of him and the negative and lazy message he represents. Until then, unfortunately this is the only venue of getting a significant message across with the hope the COC will eventually have to take action.

Unregistered
    Some people are double my girth. Does physical fitness matter anymore? Why do we even have a gym? Maybe we should rent the gym out to a 24 hour Golden Corral.

Unregistered
    Initials and District?
    North, first name rhymes with teeth

Unregistered
    Couldn't be Keith

Unregistered
    Initials and District?
    If u look up ‘douche’ in the dictionary you will see his picture

Unregistered
    Be careful. Mr ANTI free speech, mod 100 is gonna delete if you don't talk nice and be warm and fuzzy.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast