Too many rookies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Too many rookies

I get they all gotta start somewhere, but damn these new guys are out here creating their own language and not following protocol. Do they even know this forum exists?

Unregistered
    Who started the whole signal 13v???

Unregistered
    They will all be out the door soon.. training ground that provides poor training.. rookies training rookies.

Unregistered

Discouraging

I was looking at Temple Terrace as I am wanting to move back to the area and have been a cop at another small agency with poor training for a year now. I am still a rookie and seeing this post is disappointing.

Unregistered
    Don’t waste your time.. put in for Tampa now and save yourself from this black hole that should have been disbanded by now. Training is a joke, specialties are non existent, k9, swat, admin staff all horrible. Police department is third floor of an old city hall building. Don’t let cool vests pull you in.. everyone is looking to get out or too many IA’s in to leave. Before looking here ask someone from Tampa pd, hcso, or even plant city they will tell you.. run far away from tt.

Unregistered
    I don’t want to work for Tampa. I hate the city and don’t want to work in it. I actually did ask a friend of mine who has been with Tampa and was told Temple Terrace was a good little agency. Sooooo

Unregistered
    I don’t want to work for Tampa. I hate the city and don’t want to work in it. I actually did ask a friend of mine who has been with Tampa and was told Temple Terrace was a good little agency. Sooooo

Unregistered
    Tampa pd thinks this place is a joke as do we, that’s why I’m trying to get out. Ask yourself why there are so many rookies here. Also if you come to LEO affairs for advice or info on dept your perfect candidate for this place.

Unregistered
    For starters, I have never used this website in my life and it was suggested to me by someone to ask about the agency on here. Where else am I supposed to go ask?? Like I said, I asked someone who is high ranking at TPD and they said good things about the agency. If you aren’t happy where you are, then leave. You use the website so what does that say about you? Talk a bunch of shit as an unregistered guest. Brave guy. Someone comes looking for information or advice and you go to cutting them down without knowing them. Just the kind of person I want to get facts from.

Unregistered
    Truth of the matter is every agency no matter where you work will have issues in some shape or form. Now for the facts. We have very competitive pay. I think second highest in Hillsborough County now. Morale: Some people enjoy it here some people hate it here. Common in every agency. Opportunities: SWAT, Detective Division, Hostage Negotiators (CRT) and a couple other units that will be coming soon. Insurance if your single - 100 percent paid for. If you have a family that you need insurance for it’s not so great and that might be putting it kindly. Administration - Most people just deal with them. Most likely in 3-5 years none of them will be here anymore. If you want anymore facts I suggest you don’t listen to what people say here because it’s mostly all negative. And the majority of the people that post on here have an issue with the agency. My advice is do a ride along and form your own opinion. If it works for you go with it if it doesn’t go somewhere else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast