Vote No on the Articles - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    I really don't care what the state PBA wants; I want what's best for TAMPA police officers and this ain't it. What politicians of all stripes tend to do over time is change the rules to favor themselves. This is not a rule that benefits the members plain and simple. Taking choices away from people is never in their interest. If we wanted a carbon copy of everything the state pba does, we don't need local representation.

The copy and paste letter to the city was embarrassing.

The response to the letter practically written by Jane herself is shameful.

Asking us to review and vote on changes already decided is a waste of our time.

It's high time in these days of social distancing to make these monthly meetings available online so more people can attend and "educate" themselves about what the (state) pba is doing on our behalf.

Unregistered
    Is this one person having a conversation with him/her self in this thread?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is this one person having a conversation with him/her self in this thread?
    Is it Abe, on of his minions or perhaps no tricks Frix.

Unregistered
    What a bunch of morons. The rule is set by the state PBA... we don’t have the ability to tell them no. The new rule is that you must have served on the board for a year to be eligible. That means at any point, not just current board. ANYONE can be an alternate. So, if you think you may want to run, show up and ask to be an alternate. It’s that simple. There is no conspiracy or nonsense to it. If you don’t like current admin, great! Show up and plant your seed to run for the office. It should not have been put up for a vote if it was go to happen anyway, I agree with that totally.

As for the 5k bonus, I agree that was STUPID! Nice going AC and any dummies on the board that thought that was wise.

Unregistered
    unreal it’s like saying if it was in the private world let’s vote joe blow to be the ceo of a company but he has no clue what the company does or how it works. Morons. I will be 100% yes vote.
    I don’t buy into your analogy. People take over companies as CEOs all the time that they never worked a day at. The Board is not exactly made up of the brightest we have. 1/2 of them are the village idiots.

Unregistered
    I don’t buy into your analogy. People take over companies as CEOs all the time that they never worked a day at. The Board is not exactly made up of the brightest we have. 1/2 of them are the village idiots.
    Then step up or shut up. You sound like the biggest idiot. Run for the board in October show everyone how awesome and knowledgeable you are. Clown

Unregistered
    So can someone explain what we are voting on then?

Unregistered
    So can someone explain what we are voting on then?
    can you not read??? there were 4 other things like if you retire but don’t have 10 years on you can stay a member, if you’ve been fired but trying to get your job back you can’t vote on stuff, if you’ve been kicked out of the board you can’t come back unless you give the board a spiel, and something about being a good leader, but actually read something and you would know

Unregistered
    Apparently the Vote did not pass. Continue to let them know we will not be restricted in allowing who can run for an Executive Position. I will not take the answer of, “The State PBA mandated this.” There are other options!

Unregistered
    A freaking zoom meeting...You guys have lost touch of your members and it’s starting to show. I know you guys like to hide In your office but we’re still having roll calls during this so called pandemic. The districts finally have mask come grab one and join us if you would like. Who knows maybe they will give you hazard pay. Oh wait never mind that’s TSA union fighting for that. Maybe if I’m t-8 in between calls I will log it to your zoom or maybe not.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast